RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

young fat harley riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:04 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm no big Harley fan, but what's up with worrying about what other people do and think? And so somebody does something stupid or irritating... who cares... let it go. (They're probably just pissed by the double-yellow pass you put on them!)
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Squid

roadapple is on a distinguished road
Most of the morons ride Harleys because they were picked-on in school, and thought they would now be tough if the rode H-Ds. They watch too much television, and believe the hollywood hype.

Most motorcyclist I've met have been cool, and didn't care what you rode. I have ridden Harleys for over 20 years, and have met all types. The worst one rode a Gold Wing. According to him, you didn't even have a motorcycle unless it was a Gold Wing. A lot of BMW owners used to be this way.

I came out of a Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago. Some fellow on a H-D Road- King pulled up next to my Super Hawk. He asked if it was my bike, and told me how nice it was. He was especially impressed with the welds on the frame. We talked for ~ 20 minutes. He's traveling all over the U.S. on his H-D, and loving every minute of it. He was an older fellow with a grey beard, and none of his tattoos were new, or lick-on/stick-on.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
don't hate the bike, hate the attitude. Although I will say the ratio of jackasses is the highest among harley riders. And are we lumping choppers in with this group... because it seems most of those guys fit in the jackass catagory, especialy if they didn't build it themselves. I also can't stand cruiser riders who like to tell me my bike is not as "safe" as theirs. I will give them credit I can do something stupid on it faster, but the bike stops quicker swerves quicker and accelerates my *** out of trouble better than a cruiser. I think I hate this kind of thinking more than the tougher than you attitude of alot of harley riders. Because basicly they are saying Im stupid, but their arguement is invalid.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
Whats I thought interesting was.... i thought all bike riders did "the wave"....

Any time I faced a bike coming towards me... I waved

Most I waved at were a few "hog drivers", none waved back...... today riding home from work.... a CBR guy waved at me first, was kinda cool....

like in the corvette world, my 1974 garnishes waves from other 1970's vettes.... most 1970 earlier and 1984 and newer tend to ignore the mid 70's vettes..... even if my has 454 cubes under the hood from the factory!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You can spit across this place. It's called Briggs, Texas. It's out in the middle of nowhere but it's in the middle of where TxSuperchicken and I live. We meet up there for breakfast.

I arrive early. Two Harleys are parked on the side. I park in front. There's two dudes in black leather and a chick also in leather. As I drive up they look bored - she looks hot.

I take my helmet off and go inside. I'm hungry! Erik arrives a couple minutes later and parks right beside my Superhawk. By the time we finished a couple eggs the Harley riders had seen enough.

We don't bullshit and we only "pose" to be who we are.

The First Sargeant ships back to the theater tomorrow! His Superhawk will not be out to breakfast for a while.