RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

young fat harley riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
young fat harley riders

typical younger fat harley guy:
-wifebeater
-skull bandana(for protection obviously)
-skeleton hand gloves

alright i pull up to a stop sign and this guy on a harley blows past a dude and a girl on some kawasaki 900 or so and then rides past me and flips me the finger then proceeds to ride like a jackass up the road, i wait for the kawi to ride by and he speeds up next to the harley and i turn out and ride close up to them and then a light turns red and the harley blows through it. i just wanna know what makes them so tough?

i know this isnt a good rant but he just cut someone off that was 2up and flipped me the bird just mad me want to kick him over and laugh at his fat ***... damn
Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Theoretical Physicist
Squid

vtecv4 is on a distinguished road
Dude, have you seen some of the vids posted here on the guys on Harleys? Nuf Ced.

Personally I'd rather see the fatties on Harleys than sportbikes. I just hate to see 400-500lb machines struggle to push 300-400. No lie I saw a guy the other day. Had to be at least 350lbs on a 929. You could see the damping of the rear shock when he the bumps. Poor bike, wish he woulda bought a Harley instead.

On that note. I don't think I'd ever own but I must say I do like the V-Rods and some of the "not-all-chromed-out" machines. Guy I work with just bought one too. Something close to 30k. I laughed at him when he told me how much he paid for it and too top it all off it's a garage queen.

I would say the majority of the Harley owners out there are posers and just want to be cool. Some of the Harley riders that I see when I hit the mountains respect the guys that ride responsibly on sportbikes. I even had one guy tell me he wished he woulda bought a Jap bike because it's more reliable. Again.... nuf ced
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
There are jackasses everywhere. Most the Harley guys I run into are good guys, and I've seen/met some grade AAA jerkoffs on sportbikes as well. I put my arm out for everybody on two wheels when I'm riding. Most Harley guys don't wave first, but wave back after I do, like they weren't expecting, were surprised when I did.

Most Harley guys I see ride slower/more cautiously than we do. You just ran into an *******. Maybe he was running behind schedule for his wife beating! Or maybe she just kicked his ***!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
WERA #44
Superstock

happytrack44 is on a distinguished road
I've got friends with Harleys. I've even rode around town with them. But, They are part of our racing organization and their bikes are pretty stout runners. They kept up with me with no stress, me on the GSXR, and rode corners with ease. I was surprised. I wasn't riding like a tit at max accel ar anything, but I leaned on it getting on the highway and they were right with me, When I threw her over in the clovers, they did drop back a little, but caught right up. They were both over 115 horse and one was some custom dog thing. They are great guys, but I'ld rather ride with similar bikes and styles.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I've been biased against Harley-Davidson for a long time. The motor company was capable of building excellent motorcycles such as the XR750 and Cal Rayborn's roadracer but the quality of those bikes didn't make it to Harley street bikes at least until Buell came along. The best thing about owning a Harley was being able to say to other Harley lovers that you own a Harley. My prejudices were challenged last September when some friends and I were riding in West Virginia. A group of riders on Harleys approached us on a curvy road. They just flew. I was really impressed. It's still a struggle for me to get away from stereotyping but I'm trying.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:38 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I had a "sorta" run in with one of the these tough guys last year. For soem unknown reason, teh guy, who was riding two up on his custom Harley, flipped me the bird when he passed me. Well..... Against my better judgement, I passed him, only to be re-passed. I followed him close and when I saw that his paint mixer was tapped out, I passed him (clipped him as close as I could get) just to make him **** himself. I then slowed down. A few mile up the road he was pulled over on the side of the road (I think he had damaged his engine). I got a good chuckle over that one....

Hardly my finest moment I must confess and I should have kept me cool and put things in perspective but my tolerance for these a$$holes is just a above nil. Not sure where they get off thinking they are so cool, ...

While there are slimeballs on all types of bikes, cars, indeed in all walks of life... it does seem the Harleys attract more than their fair share.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 AM
i support twins
Superstock

ya i have respect for any rider as long as they respect me, one of my good buddies has a really nice harley but still can ride with us but not as fast as me through a twisty. but i have yet to have someone on a sport bike actually do something so stupid besides some geek on a triumph 675 lecture me on how to do wheelies and i should learn in first gear even though i was doing them fine. then i asked him to show me how to do one on his bike and he said not on this bike its my moneybike... everyone around us laughed and told him to shut up and said they all learned to wheelie in first, this was a group of of like 20 people haha... ya i try not to act stupid on a bike though but sometimes you do slip up with some aggression but thats only human
Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Superstock

kmm996
I respect anyone who rides. I do have a problem with those who think spending $20,000- 30,000 buys their way into some almighty motorcycle club (gang.)
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
HAHA

Music is priceless
Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Back Marker

Hammer7205 is on a distinguished road
I can rant and rave about Harley Riders all day - particularly when they hog the road going 10 MPH below the speed limit. In fact, the other day I was following three of 'em, a car was in between us and the car went to pass. When the car was in the other lane (oncoming traffic) the Harley dude goosed it and left the car out hanging in the other lane when it was along side his buddues. Worst part was, after the car got back in the other lane, the freak slowed down enough where the car caught up to him, and was stuck doing 45 in a 55. I don't know, I can't stand the bastards - they never wave around here, and I'm sick of their "holier than thou" poser mentality. I always snort when people "accuse" me of riding a Harley. I tel them no f'ing way, I ride a real bike.... And as far as aggressive riding goes, I live by the credo "choose your battles wisely.."
Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Would have been a bloody shame if the car driver had swerved back in (blame it on the nerves) and taken out the Harley dudes....
Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
i support twins
Superstock

i lol'd at the fat guy on a little bike and ya the guy that pissed me off wasnt nearly as fat but ya they think cuz they have an H-D thatthey rule but i also know people on busas that are the same way
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Theoretical Physicist
Squid

vtecv4 is on a distinguished road
Speaking of Fat people....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHSM3...eature=related
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Back Marker

synaptik is on a distinguished road
that pooooooor moped
Old 04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug
Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Back Marker

synaptik is on a distinguished road
i think i can i think i can .... no wait i cant ... booom
Old 04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Back Marker

Derbig Mooser is on a distinguished road
Hey, you guys remember that picture of the guy in his swimsuit, laying flat on a bike to set a speed record? I forget his name, but they called him "Harley Hater #1" Well, meet #2, and I try harder. First of all, I call them HELOC-Davidsons !(for Home Equity Line of Credit-nuff said?)
I have never met a Harley rider who did not have some serious misunderstandings about internal combustion engines and/or motorcycles. Some of their nonsense goes right back to the "blow the carbon out" type of myths.
But you know what really gets me? Once at a vintage race I attended, a BSA guy asked me "What happens when you fall off? You bang your head, and then slide on your ***. So those are the areas they protect least!"

The oddest thing about them is how they all look, walk, talk and act precisely the same, but each one thinks he's an All-American Original. All exactly the same, right down to the stickers on their peanut- shell helmets.

But more than anything else, the thing which pisses me off about Harley riders is: Every frickin' one of them (except the Angels and Bandidos, of course) is a frickin' snitch! Maybe that's how they pay for their bikes, by informing on people. What a bunch of rebels! The young ones: Mama's boy snitches. The older ones, P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!! With a capital P.

I don't know, maybe I'm biased, or maybe they are different elsewhere.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Back Marker

I might add that "metric cruisers" do not arouse any feelings in me except pity. They are simply beneath contempt. You gotta feel sorry for someone who knows so little about motorcycling, of any kind, that they would react to those bikes with anything except nausea, and a desire to put those bike out of our misery.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Derbig Mooser
I might add that "metric cruisers" do not arouse any feelings in me except pity. They are simply beneath contempt. You gotta feel sorry for someone who knows so little about motorcycling, of any kind, that they would react to those bikes with anything except nausea, and a desire to put those bike out of our misery.
hey now...I resemble that remark with my VTX
Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Back Marker

Vega (streetfighter) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vtecv4
Dude, have you seen some of the vids posted here on the guys on Harleys? Nuf Ced.

Personally I'd rather see the fatties on Harleys than sportbikes. I just hate to see 400-500lb machines struggle to push 300-400. No lie I saw a guy the other day. Had to be at least 350lbs on a 929. You could see the damping of the rear shock when he the bumps. Poor bike, wish he woulda bought a Harley instead.

On that note. I don't think I'd ever own but I must say I do like the V-Rods and some of the "not-all-chromed-out" machines. Guy I work with just bought one too. Something close to 30k. I laughed at him when he told me how much he paid for it and too top it all off it's a garage queen.

I would say the majority of the Harley owners out there are posers and just want to be cool. Some of the Harley riders that I see when I hit the mountains respect the guys that ride responsibly on sportbikes. I even had one guy tell me he wished he woulda bought a Jap bike because it's more reliable. Again.... nuf ced
Im a pretty big boy at 6'3" 325lbs. The bird holds up well under my mass. Still performs very well. All you fat boy haters need to drink some beer and eat a sandwich...
Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
The fact the he's very afraid and attempts to try to intimidate others to separate himself and feel unique makes me want to kick over a harley today.. hes actually like every other ignorant fat **** on a hog that thinks hes hell bent and bad ***.My 80 year old grandma has skull gloves, a bandana and rides with a shirt that says "**** off" on the back .sure there are nice guys on hogs, but not too many. On second thought it actually might be the bandana that makes him so tuff? Or maybe had had diarreah from riding that thing and some of us happened to get in his way of the route to the toilet..?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Back Marker

Listen, anybody who has had experience knows that shifting your weight is a big part of making them go where you want. How the hell do you shift your weight if your feet are out in front of you, and you can't stand on the pegs to unweight the seat to shift your weight or help absorb bumps?
I would never buy any bike which I couldn't raise myself off the seat by putting pressure on the foot-pegs. Not pulling yourself up with your arms, that's no help. A person who buys a HELOC-Davidson or a "meteric cruiser" must have a great area of ignorance about how motorcycles operate. BTW, the riding position on a Hardly-Ableson fett forward and legs spread, is what I call the "****-me" riding position. That position is good for some things, but not for riding a motorcycle.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Back Marker

I've asked HELOC-Davidson riders about the riding position in relation to handling the bike and they say "Well, I just don't drive that fast" Yup, that makes a lot of sense. In low traction, you better shift some weight or else, it doesn't matter how fast you are going.
And another thing. What do you think an inability to shift weight added to low ground clearance adds up to? It adds up to a crash.
And for that they take out Home Equity Loans? Not me.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Back Marker

And one more thing. You're "tuff" on a motorcycle? No, on a motorcycle you are the most vulnerable thing on the road, available to be killed by any Yugo or Metro who makes contact with you. When I ride, everyone is my friend, especially the car drivers, on whose good driving I depend, in part, to get home in one piece. The "tuff" motorcycle pose is, quite frankly, pathetic. Any car driver who has a mind to could push you off the road, and you would never even see him. And if you are off your bike, acting tough in a bar, all anybody has to do is quietly walk out, and give your bike a kick. No, when I ride, everyone is my friend, and I act with as much consideration as I can towards auto drivers. What am I going to do, run them over?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
basically, i think they just need a bike that weighs as much as they do do even out their balance disorder.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Back Marker

Ever see a Custom or Cruiser rider making a left turn with cars impatiently sniffing up their butts, cause they are holding them up? They're afraid of grounding. On a left turn in an urban intersection!
P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!
On a Hawk, you are across the intersection and gone, before the cars have even let out their clutch, without even exceeding the posted limit.

BTW, put my new chain on with 15-43 sprockets (stock is 15-41) Wow! It made the Hawk perfect for my kind of driving. One tooth on the rear (15-42) might be perfect if you spent more time on the freeway.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:36 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
So, maybe we should hate douchebags. That is the real problem here. We have a bell sales dude that comes into our shop that pisses me off. We work on older bikes, no harleys. He has a HD that we have worked on out of our good nature. He will not, I repeat, WILL NOT wave, beep, or acknowledge us when he is on his HD, even if we are just on the street corner waving. But he isn't the worst...

M109R dude who can't make elft hand corners. As he takes off from the stop sign by the shop he gives it a little juice (nothing major) and heads for the curb, clutching in and idling with in inches of the curb, straightens it out, and guns it thru 3 gears. Every single time he comes past its the same stupid thing, but he can make righthand corners? Douchebag

Or, todays 900rr **** head who came in for an oil change: Pull in the lot, waa waa waaaaaaaaaa,waaa waaa waaa waaaaaaaaaaa wwaaaaaaaaaaa.
He proceeds to follow me around like a dbag the whole time I am working. Bike has fork seals blown with oil all over the bike, oil hasn't been changed in like 8k, oil filter is not tight, and he trys to play big roller with one of our other customers when he gets the bill. "pocket change"??????? WTF He has me lube the chain, but can't believe me when he asks where all the (chain) noise is coming from???????? The links were frozen every two inches!!!!!! He then proceeds to leave: brrrrwaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaaawawawawa waaaa waaaa (he hasn't moved yet, just reving to let us know he is supersweet n stuff) He takes off in a 25mph and proceeds to clip thru 1st, 2nd, and part of third going INTO town (population 2000). i hope I never see this stupid **** again.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:04 PM
CMCC
Squid

cmcconkey is on a distinguished road
harleys are a way to buy yourself into social acceptance for a lot of people. Buy the way, there are no more $30k harleys anymore (screaming eagle exempt) because of price drops.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by autoteach
So, maybe we should hate douchebags. That is the real problem here. We have a bell sales dude that comes into our shop that pisses me off. We work on older bikes, no harleys. He has a HD that we have worked on out of our good nature. He will not, I repeat, WILL NOT wave, beep, or acknowledge us when he is on his HD, even if we are just on the street corner waving. But he isn't the worst...

M109R dude who can't make elft hand corners. As he takes off from the stop sign by the shop he gives it a little juice (nothing major) and heads for the curb, clutching in and idling with in inches of the curb, straightens it out, and guns it thru 3 gears. Every single time he comes past its the same stupid thing, but he can make righthand corners? Douchebag

Or, todays 900rr **** head who came in for an oil change: Pull in the lot, waa waa waaaaaaaaaa,waaa waaa waaa waaaaaaaaaaa wwaaaaaaaaaaa.
He proceeds to follow me around like a dbag the whole time I am working. Bike has fork seals blown with oil all over the bike, oil hasn't been changed in like 8k, oil filter is not tight, and he trys to play big roller with one of our other customers when he gets the bill. "pocket change"??????? WTF He has me lube the chain, but can't believe me when he asks where all the (chain) noise is coming from???????? The links were frozen every two inches!!!!!! He then proceeds to leave: brrrrwaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaaawawawawa waaaa waaaa (he hasn't moved yet, just reving to let us know he is supersweet n stuff) He takes off in a 25mph and proceeds to clip thru 1st, 2nd, and part of third going INTO town (population 2000). i hope I never see this stupid **** again.
Last time I was in Belgium, WI I didn't think anyone owned a motorcycle. I'm originally from Crivitz, WI but my G-parents lived in Belgium. Knuckleheads like that are everywhere. I always just chuckle. I know when they see me in "full" gear in the summer and they are in there wife beaters, shorts and sandals they must think I'm a pretty big douche. I guess road rash is cool and me bieng 29 and responsible makes me old.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:19 PM
i support twins
Superstock

lol you old fhawking fart! i havent had any real problems with harleys anymore because well my bike is/ was louder than most of them haha and its a vtwin. but sadly i have to park her because my can broke in half and now its just a mess.

Quick Reply: young fat harley riders