RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

UNSOLVED MYSTERIES...Say it ain't so

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Condor is on a distinguished road
UNSOLVED MYSTERIES...Say it ain't so

OK, so I was making a late night run to Wally World to go pick up some cleaning supplies when I drove past the waffle house and saw a bunch of gixxers/cool bikes sitting out front. one of the bikes appeared to be laying on it's side...as i drove closer, i could see that 2 bikes were laying on their sides. I was like holy **** man, someone kicked over their bikes.....so i drove up and was going to go in and be like "dude, someone knocked over yinz's ****", but when i looked, they had them laid over on the frame slider....so i thought to myself "did they really do that on purpose...or are they drunk and dropped the bike and just didnt care??".... so i flip a bitch (turned around) in the parking lot and come back slow and stop with my headlights on the bikes... looking real hard and i didnt see a side stand on the one (i couldnt see the other). so im kinda sitting there looking and one guy walks outside to have a cigarette....in full gixx-nerd regalia. I roll down my window and say to him "are those laid over on purpose, cause i was gonna tell you that I thought someone knocked them over, but the more i look at it the more i think its on purpose" he just kinda laughed at me and said "yeah, man. no kicker (kickstand?), gotta save on weight!" if he could have taken a picture of my face i would have gotten it framed. i shot him a look that said "holy ****. you, sir, are a fucktard." so really confused at this point i say: "oh....ok....never seen that done before ....i guess thats.....ok...alright.....see ya" and shook my head almost as a reaction and continued to wally world.....and then i thought about the whole time i was pushing the buggy there

so I ask you:
-am I just not up on the current/super-cool ****, or something?

-Am I a squid because I've never seen that done on the street before, or are they squids for doing it?

-does it make so much sense that it blew my mind?

- If it is cool to do that, why am i not that cool? Can someone coach me? Any reasonable hourly rate will be considered.

this incident really conflicted me..
am I THAT far out of the loop? Do any of you guys do that? I have been around bikes pretty much my whole life, dirt, track, and street and have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen that. i mean I've done it with a dirtbike a few times, but I was young and stupid, and it was like a 125cc littlle bike and i was back in the woods and had to ****.

I would NEVER set my bike on it's side on purpose.....i mean if i was going to ride on the road, a 1kcc GSXR certainly has MORE than enough power to be ridden on the road without worrying about "weight". I wish i would have had my cell phone on me, cause i definitely want to have a picture of that....when i got home i put my crappy digital camera in the glove box just for when i see it again. Photographing it has become my new project: akin to finding proof of Sasquatch.
I didnt want to make fun of it too hard for fear that i REALLY missed something along the way and I didnt want to get flamed for not being cool, but the more i think about it, this HAS to be an isolated incident. Please, tell me this is an isolated incident.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
I am assuredly not the kewl one. But I'm sure in this case they(they being the wobble heads) have there head so far up the A** of cool they have came full circle to being dumb a**'es again. My 2 cents. I would have told the guy he was retarded and pointed out the fact that in walmarts parking lot laying on its side would look great under my F-350.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of....

I'm still in shock from reading it.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Miss the food at T.W.O.
Squid

truepath is on a distinguished road
no way dude, you know how kids that have never had to pay for things, like most in Athens, have no respect.....wish you could have charged them with something, impounded those bikes....

then shipped one to me, someone that would care for it
Old 03-22-2008, 04:46 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by truepath
t.....wish you could have charged them with something, impounded those bikes....
oh no...i wasnt at work. i don't know if i could do much to them, but i could maybe get a uniform patrol or traffic unit out there. the more i think about it, the more i think they HAD to be drunk. no sober person would do that.

you know when people say, "there oughta be a law!" ?....well, i think this is one of those instances. so, based on your responses, im guessing im not the crazy one here...

Last edited by Condor; 03-22-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Back Marker

Dave in NY is on a distinguished road
If the guy was serious, that's beyond squidly!

That's like some new form of giant, legendary, heretofore unknown outside of Herman Melville novel squidlyness that's just been discovered under the Antarctic ice cap...
Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Dave in NY
If the guy was serious, that's beyond squidly!

That's like some new form of giant, legendary, heretofore unknown outside of Herman Melville novel squidlyness that's just been discovered under the Antarctic ice cap...
thats what im saying....i need to photograph it. if it is like a weekly thing they do (go out, get wasted, go to waffle house) then i can photograph it. if it was just some guys passing through that will suck. these squids can be some cagey prey.

UPDATE!

upon searching for this, i found a picture, and it looked pretty much exactly like this....however, it pains my heart to tell you what make and model the SOLE example of this practice is:
http://www.2w1.org/extremepolish/ima...parking017.jpg

Last edited by Condor; 03-22-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
you definitely need to go back again next week and see if they're back
Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Condor
thats what im saying....i need to photograph it. if it is like a weekly thing they do (go out, get wasted, go to waffle house) then i can photograph it. if it was just some guys passing through that will suck. these squids can be some cagey prey.

UPDATE!

upon searching for this, i found a picture, and it looked pretty much exactly like this....however, it pains my heart to tell you what make and model the SOLE example of this practice is:
http://www.2w1.org/extremepolish/ima...parking017.jpg
DOH!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:41 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by sassage
DOH!
Shitty, right?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Superstock

Shitty, right?
no kidding

quick, find a different picture link and edit your post
Old 03-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Never heard of this before. If they are that concerned about weight, tell them to go on a diet.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by divingindaytona
Never heard of this before. If they are that concerned about weight, tell them to go on a diet.
I'm thinking it's because the 'kicker' is on the left side and throws off the balance of the bike
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
nOOb
Squid

Dusty B is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sassage
no kidding

quick, find a different picture link and edit your post
Maybe a photo-chop is in order?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:53 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Im also pissed at you guys for not appreciating my robert stack / unsolved mysteries motif. **** you guys.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Superstock

Im also pissed at you guys for not appreciating my robert stack / unsolved mysteries motif. **** you guys.
oh I'm sorry....do you feel unappreciated?

maybe it was kinda funny

Last edited by sassage; 03-22-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:05 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

well, my feelings are definitely hurt if thats what you mean. and i feel kind of hungry. a little cold. kind of nervous....
Old 03-22-2008, 08:09 AM
SuperBike

Ok. Just came back in from the garage. Took my kickstand off, had to cut the wires to the switch. It's ok though, I'm sure I won't regret doing this good of a mod.

Took it for a spin around the block, WAY FASTER! It seems to ride straighter in a wheelie too, before it always wanted to pull left because that kickstand was so damn heavy.

I recommend everyone go out to his or her garage and complete this 5 min mod right now. Well worth it.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:12 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by drew_c14
Ok. Just came back in from the garage. Took my kickstand off, had to cut the wires to the switch. It's ok though, I'm sure I won't regret doing this good of a mod.

Took it for a spin around the block, WAY FASTER! It seems to ride straighter in a wheelie too, before it always wanted to pull left because that kickstand was so damn heavy.

I recommend everyone go out to his or her garage and complete this 5 min mod right now. Well worth it.
dude you almost made me shoot coffee out my nose.

...I wasnt drinking coffee, but that's the effect you had on me.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Superstock

dude you almost made me shoot coffee out my nose.

...I wasnt drinking coffee, but that's the effect you had on me.
if you had been drinking coffee, you wouldn't be a little cold, now would you?
Old 03-22-2008, 08:26 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by drew_c14

I hope you were riding with your tank top on, and you had a chick on the back with shorts on...and turn your hat backwards for Christ's sake, we have an image to maintain.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Speechless... ... ... Um... wow...
That is a fine exaple of why the Hell's Angels should thank us... For taking all of the attention away from them. We should be pissed because those wanna be squids are the reason the cops won't leave sport bikes alone.(no offense Condor) It just screams watch me about to do something stupid...
Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by kmm996
Speechless... ... ... Um... wow...
That is a fine exaple of why the Hell's Angels should thank us... For taking all of the attention away from them. We should be pissed because those wanna be squids are the reason the cops won't leave sport bikes alone.(no offense Condor) It just screams watch me about to do something stupid...
None taken. I just am really pumped to get a picture of it. Im putting an expedition together.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Miss the food at T.W.O.
Squid

truepath is on a distinguished road
wish I was there.......maybe take them behind the awful waffle and beat the squidiness(new word of the day?) out of them??????? is that possible???? jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshhhh as the world continues it downward spiral
Old 03-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, don't knock it til you try it...............
Old 03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
well, my feelings are definitely hurt if thats what you mean. and i feel kind of hungry. a little cold. kind of nervous....

You sir... are
Old 03-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Back Marker

synaptik is on a distinguished road
look at his sig ... you didnt notice that already ... he likes **** fighting .... bwahahahaha ;-)
Old 03-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 PM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
they'll think it's cool until the bike won't start and they're standing there wondering why.

...bet they don't even know bikes need oil
Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Boy
...bet they don't even know bikes need oil
I drained half of it out. You know how heavy that crap is...

Quick Reply: UNSOLVED MYSTERIES...Say it ain't so