Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

World Superbike this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
You guys know that the rest of the planet looks down on American racers as inferior right? They all thought that Nicky's title was based on luck that everyone else had a bad year!
Well, it's not at all that they're inferior; it's just that as a group they're nothing startling.

Great effort by Spies in the second WSB race yesterday. His start lap was better than anyone else's, by miles, and he fought off the challenges very well.

Last edited by PJay; 03-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:04 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
You guys know that the rest of the planet looks down on American racers as inferior right? They all thought that Nicky's title was based on luck that everyone else had a bad year! It is great to see Ben doing so well so soon. MotoGP is a bore-fest anyway. WSB is so much more real world. Besides, our beloved bike is an offspring of honda's world superbike effort to derail the ducati train.
MotoGP was the most exciting racing on the planet until they ruined it by going to the current 800cc formula.
The last couple of years have seen WSB return to exciting racing after a few years in the doldrums. This year promises to be no exception.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Reading opinion from the rest of the English speaking world, I don't get the impression that anybody thinks American riders are inferior. It's just that after Americans dominating for a decade and a half from the late seventies on, riders from the rest of the First World have caught up. Good on them. Makes for good racing.

Last edited by RK1; 03-02-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Squid

kwad9 is on a distinguished road
You can watch the race for free here : http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/ (sbk TV),

enjoy
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey kwad9, I can only see highlights to watch there, I know I am retarded but how do I watch the whole race; I hate waiting til tuesday!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
i like race II better !

tim
Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Reading opinion from the rest of the English speaking world, I don't get the impression that anybody thinks American riders are inferior. It's just that after Americans dominating for a decade and a half from the late seventies on, riders from the rest of the First World have caught up. Good on them. Makes for good racing.

Yeah, exactly.

The more variety the better: Kenan Sofoglu from Turkey in 600 SuperSport for example (where he is already back to doing better than he did in WSB).

I can't wait until some of the talented riders from SE Asia get a push to try the bigger classes. And just imagine how it will be if the motorcycle industry in China really gets into this stuff.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Squid

Hey kwad9, I can only see highlights to watch there, I know I am retarded but how do I watch the whole race; I hate waiting til tuesday!
click on the "550k" just under the "full race" logo ... or try these link http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/popup.php?id=306

Maybe there is some restriction for american user... but here in france I can watch all the races on demand and even live... for free
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

falcondrvr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kwad9
click on the "550k" just under the "full race" logo ... or try these link http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/popup.php?id=306

Maybe there is some restriction for american user... but here in france I can watch all the races on demand and even live... for free
yeah we're screwed here in the US because of Speed TV who broadcasts the races on a delay. The SBK website won't let us view the races until some time after they've aired on Speed.

So basically motorcycle racing fans in the US get fucked left and right... Shitty coverage and you can't even watch the coverage that's offered from other sources.

I heard u can trick the SBK site by using a proxy server though.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by falcondrvr
yeah we're screwed here in the US because of Speed TV who broadcasts the races on a delay. The SBK website won't let us view the races until some time after they've aired on Speed.

So basically motorcycle racing fans in the US get fucked left and right... Shitty coverage and you can't even watch the coverage that's offered from other sources.

I heard u can trick the SBK site by using a proxy server though.
OK I understand now ...

Maybe by these link:

http://infrontsp.rd.llnwd.net/a1386/...v?MSWMExt=.asf
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
very pretty "YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS CONTENT"
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
very pretty "YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS CONTENT"
Argg.... sorry for you
Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
COME ON!! SOMEONE on this forum has to know how to get that race! Thank God I was called into work tonight or my wife would've had a rough night listening to my ranting!!(ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE AROUND HERE). As it stands all I can do is come on this forum and TYPE ALOT OF ALL CAPS TO SHOW MY ANGER!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

falcondrvr is on a distinguished road
i saw on another forum that you could use a proxy server that's located in, let's say Europe to view the races on SBK. I tried to do that but it didn't work. I'm probably doing something wrong so if anybody knows how to do it I'm sure we'd all like to hear. that's all i know
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
COME ON!! SOMEONE on this forum has to know how to get that race! Thank God I was called into work tonight or my wife would've had a rough night listening to my ranting!!(ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE AROUND HERE). As it stands all I can do is come on this forum and TYPE ALOT OF ALL CAPS TO SHOW MY ANGER!!!!
torrents... torrents... torrents

tim
Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
why am I such a rar ***? I can't figure that sheet out...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I watched both races on Tuesday, BOTH were great. Spies ran off the track TWICE in race 1 and still came in 16th. Haga ran a great race in both.

And in race 2, how can anyone on the forum not like the fact that an American, a V twin, and a Honda were all on the podium, in that order.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Way to go Ben!! Throwin' down in OZ!!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Great racing I thought, very enjoyable. I can't wait for the rest of the season, Haga and Spies will be duking out often I bet. Haga can be near unstoppable sometimes, and already he's making the transition to Duc nicely based on his performance. A little more seat time and I'll bet he'll be on top often. The beemer did OK the first race...I forget how it did the second.

I can watch it all on SBK's sight now, so those of you who missed it/couldn't stream it before should be OK now. It gave me the error at first saying I wasn't authorized, so I searched wsbk in yahoo, followed the link, clicked on the 550K stream under full race, and it worked great. Both races were watchable on the site.