Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

RC51 engine into a superhawk????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Here's dust in your face

Originally Posted by Rollingalong
He He , my friends say similar .

Hey though, find a used motor and build it at your own pace. That way you still have a bike to ride then it's just 3 hours or so to swap complete engines .

A mildly cammed Super Hawk with more compression truely is a neat ride and if needed I am willing to give any of you guys both moral support and tech guidance by phone if you want to tackle putting more power between your legs .

I have my hands full most times with home projects , regular job , family and a drag boat motor here and there to build but I am thinking about doing port work on the Super Hawk heads from time to time . These bikes are so cool I think people will be hanging on to theirs , searching for nice clean one's and upgrading to higher performance in the future.

I've built plenty of motors over the years and my Super Hawk has been the most satisfying return so far . You guys in the area's closer to my Arkansas riding area can ride it this summer if the trip timing is right and decide for yourselve's if or not it's a nite and day difference . 8)

Sooooo , you guys might should pick you up and spare motor and get started :P
Rollingalong, are you still out there bro? Sorry about the dust, but I'm looking at grabbing up a spare 996 motor and I would like to take you up on your offer for help cuz I'd like to see some pics and get advice on how to port/polish my heads out to improve flow and make way for high comp. pistons & hotter cams...

Thanks!
Rick C.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
*cough*... *cough*.. holy ****! there was a foot of dust on this thread!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
not enough to stop the ****** though!

LOL