Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Need QUIET aftermarket exhaust recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
If you like your mufflers you have now, then I would simply make some baffles for them. Easy job for any professional and minimal cost to you.

If you have ever seen a Staintune baffle you will know how simple they are to make.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Squid

RuthlessButcher is on a distinguished road
I have been looking to get a set of Hindle cans and I know they have high mounts as well. Not sure how loud they are on a VTwin though. I've heard them on other bikes and sound fairly quiet and smooth similar to Yoshi's.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yruyur
I had an idea years ago when I had the Harley and had to wake up first thing in the morning and let it warm up. Go to a junk yard get an old muffler off a truck. Bolt it to something in the garage. Attach a pipe (possibly flexible rubber pipe like they use at emissions) with a y in the middle to split the pipe off for each of your cans. That way in the morning when your are done warming up just take off since the muffler is attached to the ground the hoses will pull away. Thats a million dollar red neck idea.
I just have to say that you have THE BIGGEST signature I have ever seen in my years of forum browsing.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
I've got low-mount Yosh pipes, and I like the low rumble without the added noise. Bass thumps carry regardless of the exhaust, but this isn't too bad upon warm-up. And they do sing pretty well when you wind it out.