Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Vinyl Sticker Application

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Back Marker

F1 Fan in Nascar Land is an unknown quantity at this point
Vinyl Sticker Application

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Milwaukee area that is good with this. I bought some strips to go down the center of the bike, like the Ducati Monsters from a nice vinyl Sticker place here but they do not put them on and Im all thumbs when it comes to this sort of deal. I also do not have a warm weather area to attempt this as I have a non-heated garage, is there anyone with the skill and the area that could help out. BTW I have a 03 Superhawk. Sticker are already bought and ready to be put on but from what they tell me at the Ducati store it wont be super easy. So if anyone is up for a challenge please PM me or email me at jonmueller@wi.rr.com
Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Back Marker

Alan is on a distinguished road
stickers

Err i cant put them on for yah as im abit far away but there not that difficult just take your time and just peel one edge off and lay it down slowly peel the backing off taking care to smooth out any bubbles and if you use a hair dryer on warm setting this helps.If it goes **** up keep applying the heat lift up then relay them down again until your happy.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
the use of SLIGHTLY soapy water in a spray bottle is irreplaceable

makes it damn-near foolproof

http://www.customvinylgraphics.com/a...-graphics.aspx
Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
Name:  numberplate2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  numberplate3.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  19.8 KB

I put these number plate stickers on my bike using the soapy water method. It would have been impossible otherwise. Find a buddy's warm garage. Spray the area with lightly soaped water, apply the stickers. When nearly dry, make sure all the bubbles are pressed out with a soft squeegy, and then you can peel the protective layer off the top.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I use a mixture of 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Cleanliness is very important. Use lint free cloths and I would even recommend latex gloves during the operation. Perfectly clean paint is also important. This is the method I use to apply Tankslapper products, and those are clear so you see every little speck of dust, lint, and air bubbles underneath.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Easy enough, just keep it soapy, and you can slide her around til you find just the right spot...oh, wait, are we talking about stickers, or stick her...opps wrong subject...oh well it works for stickers as well....

I applied the superhawk 996 I got from Honda, and it looks like it came from the factory, first time I attempted something like that....just used lots o soap and water....keep it wet....amazing how that term can be used for sooooo many things!! LOL:-D :-D :-D
Old 12-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Back Marker

Alan is on a distinguished road
I forgot to mention the soapy wet technique a method i'm really fond of:-D
Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with the stickers!
I happen to like the Duc look.
Mine were done in paint so no tips to pass on.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Back Marker

Arctic Fire is on a distinguished road
Soap and water works good, just mix soap and..... i think you get it now. Hey Jake D where did you get those tail number plate decals? I need a white pair for my silver bike.. let me know, they look REALLY good ack there, maybe the smoothest i've seen.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire
Soap and water works good, just mix soap and..... i think you get it now. Hey Jake D where did you get those tail number plate decals? I need a white pair for my silver bike.. let me know, they look REALLY good ack there, maybe the smoothest i've seen.

Look at the Tapeworks website. That is where I got mine. Just call them up and tell them what you want. He can ANYTHING with them. For example, you can have a border around them. I got a gold border with mine but I decided not to install it. Also you can get lettering. Let's say you wanted the number plate to read "VTR 1000" you could get that on there. I just wanted plain silver.

Thanks for the complement!

Here is a link to the webpage. It doesn't list the rear number plates by themselves, but if you call them they can sell you the rear plates by themselves. I think they are going to be like $45, depending on the color you order.

http://www.tapeworks.com/HONDA%20Pages/VTR1000.html
Old 12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Back Marker

Arctic Fire is on a distinguished road
Sweet man, thanks! I guess i've jsut never seen the blue/silver before! I am thinking of a white one for my Silver Hawk.. thanks again for the info
Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Maybe a repost but check these out...

http://www.bikeskinz.com/store/produ...e0c8ef81ad6a83

And then these guys have good prices on kits..You send them a pic of your bike and they will show you what it will look like...

http://www.alloutgraphics.com/graphics.htm