Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Cyclops LED

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 10:03 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Cyclops LED

Installed an LED headlight from Cyclops. Picked the Ultra. It runs all 4 LED's at reduced wattage when on high beam. After testing in the garage, I had a black spot in my vision. It's bright, it illuminates the speed limit signs (not that I pay any attention to them) on a very light cloud cover day.
Install went OK, had some issues with the rubber boot that seals the opening. Not sure in the partial blocking of the cooling fan housing on the back of the bulb will cause overheating.
Almost never ride at night, so the increased light output might only factor into increased visibility to others. Along with other LED lighting the idea is to reduce the load on the electrical system. I use heated clothing in the cooler season and the stator output and the wiring on the SH is not all that.
Also purchased the T10 matching bulb for the third eye. It is also very bright. Hope it doesn't melt the lens.
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...ulb_p_192.html
Old 07-24-2024, 01:13 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
I did all that and more back.In the early 2000s, everything's LED including the turn signals, my twin driving lights, added brake and position lights, and have a custom direct battery fed dual micro load relay headlight circuit, mosfet VRR, headlight modulator, volt meter, SAE and 2.5 mm 12 volt coax power jacks, built-in heated gear t-stat, lifepo jump booster, 12 v cig power socket, heavy gauge wiring looms, and dual usb C 5v fast charge outlets, Scott Oiler, full fork mod & 3-way Penske skock, EBC rotors and Brembo radial Front Brake Mc, carb & tps calibration, custom 3 point case guards, Superbike Fork Brace, mirror extenders, stick coils, 2bros C2 cans & custom header & mid pipes...
Old 07-28-2024, 06:06 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
My lack of night riding has prevented me from doing any mods to this current VTR. You didn't mention how much you spent all in.
Old 07-28-2024, 07:36 AM
SuperBike

Why would I need to mention cost?

Over 25 years, particularly going back between 25 and 15, "equipment and material" costs were a pitance of what they'd have been over the last 10 or less years.

Plus, how does one place a value on comfort and safety? My dollars per enhanced performance costs were extremely low, as I not only did all the labor but also made and/or modified many components myself.

I have a second 98 VTR I can put mundane miles on to limit and minimize wear and tear on my favorite and massively modified 98. I want to conserve and preserve it as an example of a product that epitimizes the best a specific time and era had to offer. Plus I have other great steeds that wisk me back and forth in time and space that are equally fantastic examples of their place in motorcycling.

I ride to enjoy the holistic experience and to as much as possible relive my youth.

At 70 and given what condition my condition is in, I won't have too many more miles and smiles left going forward, compared to what and where I've done. I really like to reminisce over the 50+ years and untold hours I've flown low. When bikes weren't practically perfect like now.
Old 07-28-2024, 07:47 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Wasn’t directed towards you. I meant for the original post.

Originally Posted by skokievtr
Why would I need to mention cost?

Over 25 years, particularly going back between 25 and 15, "equipment and material" costs were a pitance of what they'd have been over the last 10 or less years.

Plus, how does one place a value on comfort and safety? My dollars per enhanced performance costs were extremely low, as I not only did all the labor but also made and/or modified many components myself.

I have a second 98 VTR I can put mundane miles on to limit and minimize wear and tear on my favorite and massively modified 98. I want to conserve and preserve it as an example of a product that epitimizes the best a specific time and era had to offer. Plus I have other great steeds that wisk me back and forth in time and space that are equally fantastic examples of their place in motorcycling.

I ride to enjoy the holistic experience and to as much as possible relive my youth.

At 70 and given what condition my condition is in, I won't have too many more miles and smiles left going forward, compared to what and where I've done. I really like to reminisce over the 50+ years and untold hours I've flown low. When bikes weren't practically perfect like now.
..and never mind. I did click on the link and saw a price.
Old 07-28-2024, 09:42 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Wasn’t directed towards you. I meant for the original post.

..and never mind. I did click on the link and saw a price.
Ok got ya, no worries.

But it was an ellequent response, without being biting, no?
Old 07-28-2024, 10:24 PM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Nice! I was not aware of this item. Keep us posted on how you like it. Take a night ride around the block.
Old 07-30-2024, 01:45 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hangfly
Nice! I was not aware of this item. Keep us posted on how you like it. Take a night ride around the block.
Been running this setup for many years now, and I do allot of night riding since it's about the only time of day that I get to ride. The only downside I have is the cut off, but I love how bright the night becomes.
To counter this I raised the beam adjustment a little higher than with the OEM bulb.
Old 07-31-2024, 12:59 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Been running this setup for many years now, and I do allot of night riding since it's about the only time of day that I get to ride. The only downside I have is the cut off, but I love how bright the night becomes.
To counter this I raised the beam adjustment a little higher than with the OEM bulb.
You and I seem ro be one of the few, the proud and the brave who ride at night.

I also wear better than white at night

Now a Hiviz jacket with a matching HiViz Hit-Air vest is the bright solution with Superbrite LED turn signal - running lights and added amber position lights and LED doube dose, quad diode brake light and position- running lights!

Watch your retinas!!!

I also run at night, in addition to the Cycops headlights, have twin 2-inch 40w halogen, yes halogen, driving lights I've been too fucked up to replace with a waiting set of 10w LED driving light Blasters. The brighter, fuller and farther I can melt the tarmac the better. It's not just lumens, it's equivalent wattage!!!