Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

capping the front blinker openings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
capping the front blinker openings?

is there a direct bolt up cover plate for these?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:29 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I'm going to nominate you for some kind of award. Something about most new threads created buy a single person in a two month span....
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
SuperBike

Or maybe something about most repugnant signature ever.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Squid

justscoutin is on a distinguished road
I'm gonna go with "no" as they all came with blinkers from the factory. custom territory. find a plug of some sort and knock yourself out.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by drew_c14
I'm going to nominate you for some kind of award. Something about most new threads created buy a single person in a two month span....
id like to tell you what your mom is nominated for but im sure your entire town can fill you in if you havent already caught on. thanks for coming out.

justscoutin, thanks for the reply, ill see what i can do when the bike goes in for paint.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:52 PM
SuperSport

jay956 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
id like to tell you what your mom is nominated for but im sure your entire town can fill you in if you havent already caught on. thanks for coming out.

justscoutin, thanks for the reply, ill see what i can do when the bike goes in for paint.
well if your gona be painting it anyway, i would just put a little fiber glass behind it and put enough resin on it so you can sand it down smooth with the rest of the fairing.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Destructive Tester
Superstock

bjorn toulouse is on a distinguished road

Silly me, at first I thought you meant the pic of his bike.

Rex
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Your best option (my opinion anyway) to do it properly is to cut a piece of old scrap fairing to fit the opening and plastic weld it or have someone with experience do it for you. I've done a bit of fiberglass work repairing old vettes and sharkskinz race fairings. I like to use fiberglass to repair fiberglass. I've seen people try to repair plastic with fiberglass with mixed results. I guess if you sand/feather it down inside and out there's not alot of stress there, it's a small hole and not structural I guess you might be ok with fiberglass too. It's really easy to work with just nasty.

Last edited by captainchaos; 10-28-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
Yea, not sure why he's showing off his 2" chicken strips.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 AM
SuperBike

Ouch, he replies with a mom joke! It's like elementary school all over again, want to meet by the flag pole at 3 'o'clock? I haven't seen someone so starved for attention in a long time, maybe you should buy a dog.

How about you stop asking such random and stupid ******* questions all the time and actually try searching or browsing the forum. Or even worse, how about be a little creative and try to do something to your bike on your own that isn't a "bolt-on" that your buddy can do since you traded him a ******* mountain bike.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by jay956
well if your gona be painting it anyway, i would just put a little fiber glass behind it and put enough resin on it so you can sand it down smooth with the rest of the fairing.
how will a fiberglass piece that small react to the fairings being put back on? or do you suggest glassing it with the fairings on the bike still?

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Your best option (my opinion anyway) to do it properly is to cut a piece of old scrap fairing to fit the opening and plastic weld it or have someone with experience do it for you. I've done a bit of fiberglass work repairing old vettes and sharkskinz race fairings. I like to use fiberglass to repair fiberglass. I've seen people try to repair plastic with fiberglass with mixed results. I guess if you sand/feather it down inside and out there's not alot of stress there, it's a small hole and not structural I guess you might be ok with fiberglass too. It's really easy to work with just nasty.
that might work better, ive got a friend with a plastic welder, maybe ill see if he can weld it up for me while the bike is at his shop, thanks.

Originally Posted by bjorn toulouse
Silly me, at first I thought you meant the pic of his bike.

Rex
you cant tell me that sig didnt make you laugh

Originally Posted by Just_Nick
Yea, not sure why he's showing off his 2" chicken strips.
second day of owning and riding the bike i took that pic. right now the chicken strip is barely visible, thats since august

Ouch, he replies with a mom joke! It's like elementary school all over again, want to meet by the flag pole at 3 'o'clock? I haven't seen someone so starved for attention in a long time, maybe you should buy a dog.

How about you stop asking such random and stupid ******* questions all the time and actually try searching or browsing the forum. Or even worse, how about be a little creative and try to do something to your bike on your own that isn't a "bolt-on" that your buddy can do since you traded him a ******* mountain bike.

your a bit of a **** arent you. did someone take a **** in your wheaties last night and spoil your mood? how about this for an idea, if you dont like my posts, dont open threads started by me. i do search, but sometimes **** comes up without answers im after so i ask. or sometimes im on the blackberry and dont wanna wait while that bitch loads the search results and then leaf through those.

yes the flag pole at 3, if im not there you can commence to kick your own *** without me and when i show up ill finish you up. idiot
Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 AM
Superstock

Billzilla15 is on a distinguished road
3m makes some great plastic repair products, some one at a auto body store can help you find wheat you need, the problem with using fiberglass is that it doesn't flex and i would think that the fairing flexes a little, most likely it would look great for about a month then you would start to see a ring around where you patched it, and finally a crack

try this stuff
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glLXCCKC564Xbl

and this is what you can use to back it stick this over the hole from the back, dish out the edge of the hole with a grinder and fill with the product above

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glT1X59N3C1Jbl

than all you have to do is finish sand and prime and sand again, then you,re ready for paint
Old 10-29-2009, 04:34 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Billzilla15
3m makes some great plastic repair products, some one at a auto body store can help you find wheat you need, the problem with using fiberglass is that it doesn't flex and i would think that the fairing flexes a little, most likely it would look great for about a month then you would start to see a ring around where you patched it, and finally a crack

try this stuff
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glLXCCKC564Xbl

and this is what you can use to back it stick this over the hole from the back, dish out the edge of the hole with a grinder and fill with the product above

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glT1X59N3C1Jbl

than all you have to do is finish sand and prime and sand again, then you,re ready for paint

perfect, the answer i was looking for, im gonna suggest that to my buddy when he preps the bike. thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Destructive Tester
Superstock

bjorn toulouse is on a distinguished road
you cant tell me that sig didnt make you laugh

The chicken strips......plenty funny, you bet!!
The sig line.........droll.

You really need to work on both.
I'll change my sig...just for you!

Rex
Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Dang! Y'all are harsh!

Uchi, where are your front signals. I was planning to put flush mounts on mine to cover the holes.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 AM
SuperBike

Lol come on. I just bought the bike had never been on one lol. The strips are near gone now

Trying to make a set of mirrors with integrated blinkers work. Ill let you guys know how it works out. Also doing a gixxer solo tail on it.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Superstock

Maybe a big flower sticker over each hole, and take a new pic!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Okay, I've got to ask - apparently everybody sees a pic of Uchi's bike in his signature. I get a pic of a late 80s or a 90 5.0 mustang. Don't get it, why am I seeing a mustang?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Superstock

Got me. I see the rear end of a yellow hawk.....
Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Lol come on. I just bought the bike had never been on one lol. The strips are near gone now

Trying to make a set of mirrors with integrated blinkers work. Ill let you guys know how it works out. Also doing a gixxer solo tail on it.
Well then get your *** outside and take a picture of it with the new chicken strips. hahaha
Just playing man.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
SuperBike

Lol when I get the bike home ill take lots of pics don't worry. What started off as a few repairs and upgrades has turned into something much better . They were all out of pink flower stickers at walmart so I have to wait for some to come in. Lol.

And its funny you mention a mustang. I had an 88 coupe. Black 5 liter 5 speed. Manual everything. Lightest of the mustangs. Bought it bone stock. It had never seen a cloudy day. Car was spotless but didn't do much for me. Bought it to replace a car. So after that I replaced it with my second race quad. 04 polaris pred 500. Bored and stroked to a 530 hindle pipe. All the goodies. She's a fast bitch. And now I've got the yellow beast. Puts a smile on my face everytime I roll into the throttle
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
SuperBike

Trying to upload from my blackberry. Don't think it'll work
Attached Thumbnails capping the front blinker openings?-cimg0059.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

You reduced your chicken strip by an inch. 1 inch to go. haha
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Trying to upload from my blackberry. Don't think it'll work
It worked.. but expect to take some teasing from someone on that tail. Just remember it is your bike, not theirs, and usually teasing is all in good fun with no real harm meant.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:42 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Stevebis1
Okay, I've got to ask - apparently everybody sees a pic of Uchi's bike in his signature. I get a pic of a late 80s or a 90 5.0 mustang. Don't get it, why am I seeing a mustang?
Me too, you're not the only one. Had I seen said chicken strips I would have used them for **** talking fodder.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Here's what we see: Name:  sig.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  21.0 KB
Old 10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
SuperBike

Lol come on its half as wide as my thumb. Its not that bad. Lol

As for the tail. Yeah the paint is extra gay but its gonna get painted over winter along woth the bike. I think a frenchman may have painted that thing. Lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Yup, big ol chicken strips, lock n load Drew, he did throw the MOM card first.. haha when I put my new tires on the guys at work busted my *** about my chicken strips, didn't even have the damn things scuffed in yet. got em down to about 5/16ths wide now.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
On one hand, Drew has a point. But damn, your response was funny as hell..."the flag pole at 3, if im not there you can commence to kick your own *** without me and when i show up ill finish you up." Bwwahhahahaahaha

On the other hand, you need to Capitalize at least the first word in every sentence. Isn't there an app on your Blackberry for that?

Also, the pic in your sig is a little big....borderline annoying. Please make it smaller.

Re: Your signature wording. That's also borderline, actually it probably crosses the line. Please reword it or delete it altogether.

Thanks,
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Damn! The pic is back to the black Mustang again. What the.....

Quick Reply: capping the front blinker openings?