Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Added rear peg's to Micron high mounts (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Added rear peg's to Micron high mounts (with pics)

Well...

I bought Mikstr's Micron's from him after my accident, and installed them in the high mount position with the included brackets... After talking to him about how he solved the rear peg's issues, I debated following his lead, but found an even easier way, and am very happy with it..

I bought these on ebay for $9.99

Then drilled a third whole into the mounting brackets to mount them too... One sides bracket was already drilled, because this is similar to what he did, but his used a rear peg system from another bike.. but I wanted to keep the pegs higher up, and people's feet off my pipes...

Then I mounted them directly to that bracket...

They still fold away very nicely, and I had wifey sit on the back to see how comfortable they where, and she actually like them better than prior bikes.

AND YES.. THE BIKE IS DIRTY, AND YES, I DO NEED TO WASH IT...

All in all, I am very happy with the turnout... and since I was going with everything black and blue anyway, the older style bike rear pegs did not look bad at all.. And of course, the actual pegs can be replaced with any newer, more modern pegs...

The mounts that the pegs mount to are sold individually, but at like $25.00 a set, and without pegs on them.. so an ebay purchase was cheaper...

What ya think?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Looks good man. Good job.

Your wife will still ride with you after your accident? My wife thinks my bike is going to kill me. You are a lucky man!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Squid

clarkwebb is on a distinguished road
Smart thinking.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Back Marker

nfbzike
Looks good. I had the same type of setup on mine . only difference i did was put the peg all the way down where the can meets the bracket. It was pretty close to the factory location and was still comfortable for passenger.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Springbubba
Looks good man. Good job.

Your wife will still ride with you after your accident? My wife thinks my bike is going to kill me. You are a lucky man!
Actually... She has yet to ride with me on this bike... And I'm not sure she will... But i still needed rear pegs... if wifey won't ride, i may have to find me a young hottie to ride with me... lol

She used to.. But with kids, its not as easy to both hop on and ride... But i stil wanted the function aspect...