Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Me and my friend goofing off

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Me and my friend goofing off

There's a place nicknamed "the compound" not far from my house...it's a series of networked roads built back in the 50's or so, intended to be a residential area, but they lost funding after they paved the roads. Only half of the streets have names and signs and there are no houses anywhere, it's basically a big offroad/drag race themepark, just if the police catch you out there it's every man for himself.

Well we decided to have some fun for the afternoon and grab some photos... These are the ones that really came out good, my camera sucks

(My buddy Keith)

Old 01-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
I'm jealous. I need a 'compound' around here. Instead we just have 'traffic.' Everywhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by MisterMohawk
I'm jealous. I need a 'compound' around here. Instead we just have 'traffic.' Everywhere.
It's a beautiful thing, it really is. Only problems are there's lots of broken pavement and overgrown grass, dirt and sand kicked up near the 4-wheeler trails, and tall speedbumps on the high-speed roads, installed to try to prevent drag racing. A bike can get around them no problem you just have to know where they are and not fixate.... And if you DO go down badly, you're probably dead because it's such a vast unmarked area, it takes GPS (or knowledge and good memory) to find your way out there and there's a badly delayed med-evac response....several have died out here in accidents over the past few years.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I was run out of there by the cops once a couple of years back. they came flying in with all their lights off, nearly side swipping two guys were had just shutdown after running their cars. one of them phoned back to the rest of us and about half the cars got away and the rest of us got a stern talking to. the cop said the owners of the place were mostly upset with all the trash left laying around and if he had his way he wouldn't hassle anybody for being out there because it was safer than being a fool on public roads. seems there's only one paved road in and a lone house that you pass on the way in. the people who live there think it's their civic duty to call the cops just because 50 to 60 loud rice cars blast past at midnite! jeez!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by BIRDOPREY
yeah, I was run out of there by the cops once a couple of years back. they came flying in with all their lights off, nearly side swipping two guys were had just shutdown after running their cars. one of them phoned back to the rest of us and about half the cars got away and the rest of us got a stern talking to. the cop said the owners of the place were mostly upset with all the trash left laying around and if he had his way he wouldn't hassle anybody for being out there because it was safer than being a fool on public roads. seems there's only one paved road in and a lone house that you pass on the way in. the people who live there think it's their civic duty to call the cops just because 50 to 60 loud rice cars blast past at midnite! jeez!
If you're referring to the compound.....there's actually many, many ways in....just most people only know of one or two. I can think of 4 off the top of my head and I know there's more than that....you just can't be afraid of dirt roads or some pot-holes.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
the guys I was with don't do dirt. there were at least a few 12 sec. cars in this group. like one of them said even with an AWD Eclipse you don't do those dirt roads.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Squids.......J/K looks like you guys had a good time
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
Originally Posted by BIRDOPREY
seems there's only one paved road in and a lone house that you pass on the way in. the people who live there think it's their civic duty to call the cops just because 50 to 60 loud rice cars blast past at midnite! jeez!
not sure if this was a joke or not, but i would do the same thing lol

not because of racing but because i hate rice

unless they wanted to race the vega for $$$ lol