Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Ride to Dennys Beer Barrell - In Pa - 4/20

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ride to Dennys Beer Barrell - In Pa - 4/20

This is from a another site I belong to

But if anybody is interested - here it is - Clearfield, Pa is the end spot on 4/20.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...c,21632.0.html

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/

I'm leaving from Easton, Pa & taking mostly backroads going out & probably slab it home as I'm looking at about a 450 mile day.

People are riding from Chicago for this

I'll be hittin some deserted Pa roads going out
Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Back Marker

Lifttruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
This is from a another site I belong to

But if anybody is interested - here it is - Clearfield, Pa is the end spot on 4/20.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...c,21632.0.html

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/

I'm leaving from Easton, Pa & taking mostly backroads going out & probably slab it home as I'm looking at about a 450 mile day.

People are riding from Chicago for this

I'll be hittin some deserted Pa roads going out
I'll probably be there! If the rain doesn't put a damper on things. The event is rain or shine. I rode my '00 Super Hawk last year but will probably be on one of my VFR's this year. Look for a red '04 VFR with Staintunes, Cortech tank bag, Sargent seat, and a fender elimenator.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 PM
SuperSport

Same thought - if its not raining
I'm there

Look for VTR w/ pizza warmer
Attached Thumbnails Ride to Dennys Beer Barrell - In Pa - 4/20-jiminy-peak-vt-ride-07r.jpg  

Last edited by nnjhawk02; 04-17-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Back Marker

Lifttruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Well are you going or not? The skys are turning darker here in the SW corner of the state but the rain hasn't hit my area yet. Weather man is calling for thunder storms tonight and "sprinkles" throughout the day tomorrow. I'm prrepping a bike and me for the ride but we'll see how I feel about it in the morning. There are a few groups from my area planning on riding up rain or shine. I'm not a group type rider especially with riders I'm not familiar with. Maybe I'll see you there!
Old 04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
SuperSport

Yes I went - here is ride report

Where the F@^k is Everyone???

So myself & Hanz-Solo (new STN'er) leave Bethlehem, Pa @ 8am - Slab I-78 to Hamburg to get to twistys faster - hit 125 then up to I80 off @ 15 to hit the good stuff. Rt. 44 did not disappoint - up thru Jersey Shore, Pa (as a native NJ'er - where did this name come from? I estimate their about 5.5 hrs from the Atlantic)

Into Renovo (I needed gas & thought there would be a station in Renovo & yes I saw the no name joint before town) I guess we'll have to test the limits of my 4.2 gal. tank. On 144 we notice the road is damp and riders going the other way. Get to the the top & it starts dumpin w/ bonus of freezing rain. Did I fail to mention, I could not find my rain pants in the morning

Hanz stops to don his one piece BMW rain suit (K12s rider) He's taking too long & I'm gettin too wet - later. As I slowly go, I'm praying to Jesus, Allah & whomever that I do not run out of gas. Get to end & see service station (w/out gas pumps) & wait for Hanz. I ask the dood there to sell me some out of his gas can.

Get gas in Snow Shoe - then slab it 30 miles to Clearfield. As I get on 879, I see the Queen store of all middle America - Walmart - I'm SO there - purchase new fake underarmor shirt & pants, zipped pull over sweatshirt, socks, slippers (gettin them wet boots off @ Dennys)

Hanz is leading since he has the Garmin - but still got it Wrong off 322 exit - Go straight thru the light!!

Anywoo get to Dennys about 2pm & NO ONE is there - Motos that is.

I laugh my A$$ off - go inside to bano & proceed to get nakkid & get on dry clothes (had a t-shirt & jeans in Givi) [oh & 1 of U mudded the toilet - bad]

Ahh - feel better now. Eat take some pics & a couple of others showed up as well (Stretch from Md. w/ 2 others & some Pitt peeps) Burgers & soup were great & cigar after hit the spot too - thanx Hanz.

Hit the road @ 4 - was partly sunny - but only for a little bit. Within a 30 mins its raining again, but can see better weather ahead. Get thru the rain & sun was out - we're slabbin it on I-80 & at Bloomsburg, I see a trooper w/ lights on facing us in the left shoulder - Hmm thats strange - within a mile traffic is stopped - Damn - well at least its not raining.

Hey Garmin boy - get us outta here - cut down 42 & over to 61 south - And guess what, it started raining again - pouring down actually, so much so that rain poured off my tank & onto my heuvos - Nice - I just start laughing - so hard its tough to keep riding - lucky it only rained for about 20 mins.

Took 61 south (not bad BTW) back to Hamburg & I-78 east going @ warp speed, got home @ 7:59pm (just before 8 - just like Hanz said I would) It was a 480 mile day.

Roads were good, company better & no tickets!

What did I learn from this:

Have ur raingear

Northface waterproof gloves bought in Vt. are not waterproof.

My tank will go to 135 miles or so - but didn't run out
Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
Sounds liek that was a interesting trip, i have a cabin a hour away from dennys beer barrel pub.... great burgers!

And I know the wal mart where you went, shop there for supplies often. The Sheetz right across the street from Wally world is always a good stop for coffee or whatever...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Squid

fairfoebass is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great trip, I live in Bloomsburg so all those most of those fun roads in and around this part of the state are what me and my riding buddys get to carve up on the weekends. Theres some amazing twistys up here, I highly recommend the run up RT.29 north from it's junction with RT 11 in nanticoke. It follows a creek with fantastic sweepers and clean road surface for about 15 miles. If anyone ever wants to get together and ride up in Northeast Pa and would like a local tour guide just drop a PM, me and the hawk are always ready to eat up some rubber and road.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fairfoebass
Sounds like a great trip, I live in Bloomsburg so all those most of those fun roads in and around this part of the state are what me and my riding buddys get to carve up on the weekends. Theres some amazing twistys up here, I highly recommend the run up RT.29 north from it's junction with RT 11 in nanticoke. It follows a creek with fantastic sweepers and clean road surface for about 15 miles. If anyone ever wants to get together and ride up in Northeast Pa and would like a local tour guide just drop a PM, me and the hawk are always ready to eat up some rubber and road.

Ill take you up on that offer in the fall once I get back.......