General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Will cops chase above 100mph

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Squid

flemming is on a distinguished road
I Denmark we dont have a speed limit. Its intirely up to The officer behind The wheel.

We have rules pointed out in a kind of pursiut declaration. It basicly says we can disobey traffic rules if it is necessary and respectfull to the fellow trafficants.

So in the end it has a lot to do with who your chasing. If its just a minor trafficviolation... who gives a... Its not worth risking your life for.. Or his anyway

The revlimitter makes me back off
Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Squid

ElusivBlak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nothing
exactly, if you stayed cruising at 100 and the officer accelerated from a dead stop (or even worse had to turn around!) he would have to do 125 for over 5 minutes just to catch up to you. now turn that 100 into 110 or even more and the time just exponentially rises. not a good idea, though.
I know a lot of cops won't chase for that reason but also because of the way it usually ends: with a dead suspect. That can weigh on a cop even though he was within his rights to chase.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Reasons not to speed

The cops were traveling down the highway at
around
1 o'clock in the morning near
Tulsa , Oklahoma . They found this
on the road

Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles
downthe highway and were struck
with the followingimage.

The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the
impact,but it took him almost 4 miles
downthe roadbefore he thought he'd better pull
over and check out his rig.

Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that
distance.

Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the
trailerof the Semi.

Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist wastraveling at 120 mph when he raninto the back of the moving semi-truck.

It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding
a motorcycle,
Now for the rest of the story!

THIS GUY SURVIVED.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
If you google- motor vehicle laws - in any state in the United States, at any speed 15 mph over the POSTED speed is a felony, and once the speed reaches 100 mph- it is a mandiatory loss of state driving "privilege"/license for a year.
Must admit- Alot of money wasted for the THRILL of 130mph(radar). Have done it once in my life. Once in FL. Probably to be shown on "American's most wanted", which did not show the "E" package sentra (full of BLUE hairs) blow by me -before the officer came on the highway behind me....Not worth the time and money

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 07-23-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
77 in a 60 in Dallas and it wasn't a felony. Just expensive. Better recheck your Google.

Never heard of "felony speeding" unless it was associated with the commission of a crime then it would more likely be fleeing which the police will attempt to charge you with and in most cases IS a felony. If they hit you with their lights and you don't stop you have committed another much more serious offense.

Last edited by RWhisen; 07-23-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Back Marker

superbeater is on a distinguished road
Just make sure to gas up. A guy in Portland OR blew off the Cops fo 50 milesuntil he ran out of gas on the bridge crossing the Columbia River.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
State Troopers and Sheriffs will chase you until they run out of gas or their car break down here... City Police its really depend on the chief... Give up if you see a helicopter hahaha.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Squid

CPD2569 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
If you google- motor vehicle laws - in any state in the United States, at any speed 15 mph over the POSTED speed is a felony, and once the speed reaches 100 mph- it is a mandiatory loss of state driving "privilege"/license for a year.
Must admit- Alot of money wasted for the THRILL of 130mph(radar). Have done it once in my life. Once in FL. Probably to be shown on "American's most wanted", which did not show the "E" package sentra (full of BLUE hairs) blow by me -before the officer came on the highway behind me....Not worth the time and money

15 over is not a felony ANYWHERE!!! The only felony traffic crimes that I can think of are Aggravated Vehicular Manslaughter, Failure to Comply with a Lawful Order (fleeing and eluding while commiting a felony or putting others in risk of seroius physical harm) and having too many DUI's.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Squid

jhiker229 is on a distinguished road
I had a state cop practically push me to the side of the road because I couldn't see him in my crummy mirrors(all I could see was my shoulders!)
I was p!ssed cuz a car cut me off so I lost it a bit weaving in btw 2 lanes was only doing 85 or 90 but he didnt like that I was weaving in and out.
Didn't see him till he rode up and almost gave me a love tap in the fast lane. Scared the crap out of me. I immediately pulled over into slow lane and slowed to the break down lane. Had to listen to him for awhile but he let me off with a verbal warning.
I think about this incident and really am surprised that he would try to push me over. pretty dangerous. I am sure when I finally saw him I must have made a really weird move cuz he seemed to believe me when I told him I didnt know he was there. This was right on the NH/ VT border
Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
In the UK we mainly have speed cameras, sorry, "Traffic Safety Cameras" as you know where they are in your area, or have them marked on your satnav its not too bad. We do have unmarked cars, very scary, I have had a few OMG moments but they are not that common and are usually looking out for "real" crime.

The main problem is that the cameras cant deal with anything other than speed so just being a bit quick you get caught but reckless or drunk? No problem! Mad mad mad..
Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I don't think America is ready for those cameras yet. They have been tried in some places along with the red light cameras. I don't think they had much success because people just complained that they are nothing more than an intrusion and a revenue creator. I realize this wasn't the point of the thread but the slightest mention of those things makes me angry. If they are ever get installed near me I will personally burn them to the ground the next day.

Feel free to write down my IP address big brother, you won't catch me doing it anyway.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Our city has installed loads of red light cameras. Sure they have created some income for the city and the company who installed them; but I say go ahead. People who run red lights are very dangerous and extremely serious injuries occur at intersections. Having spent a lot of time overseas, I am used to seeing cameras, red light and speeding. It isn't an intrusion into your privacy unless you get your picture taken doing something you weren't supposed to. Our police have many other things to do besides writing tickets and lecturing people on the roadside.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by doomcookie
State Troopers and Sheriffs will chase you until they run out of gas or their car break down here... City Police its really depend on the chief... Give up if you see a helicopter hahaha.
Absolutely not true. State police here have a do not chase directive unless a major felony has been committed. Like shooting a cop. Local departments and sherrifs offices have similar rules. I have very accurate information about the troopers in my state !!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
We have people that burn the cameras here they also look good pointing skywards because they have "tapped" by a bulldozer!

They are falling out of favour here as they are seen as simply a revenue producer. One local bus lane camera (You cant use some bus lanes between certain times to aid traffic flow, it just snarls up everyone for the sake of a couple of busses!) made £1,000,000 per year, the local government was not happy at having to take that one out.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Red light cameras I have no issue with... Speedcameras I dislike...
Old 07-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Squid
Squid

Torque Junkie is on a distinguished road
Felony

The cops will surely add to the list of charges, wreckless endangerment and attempted assault with a deadly weapon if you ride anywhere near another cop or pedestrian while being chased.

Also, if anyone gets injured during your pursuit, they can add attempted manslaughter, or aggregated assault with a deadly weapon, and surely manslaughter if someone dies. You are also responsible for all property damage and injuries from everyone chasing you. A cop spills is hot coffee on his crotch while chasing you, you get charged for it like you poured it on his crotch yourself.

If you go down and wreck, they will still jump on you put their knee on your back and handcuff you while you are face down on the hot pavement bleeding. They don't have to consider your injuries until you are completely subdued and not a risk to themselves.

Just not worth the risk to avoid a speeding ticket. There are squids on forums that brag about outrunning cops. They monitor forums too, as well as there are riders on them who are police. It is not hard to match the description of the bike that got away to someone's avatar picture with the list of custom mods done to make your bike unique.