General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Bike Hoarder
Squid

SgtHollywood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supermarto
I agree... I'm thinking about adding some additional lighting up front somewhere.

As for me, I riveted on the new RK chain with a $10 Harbor Freight chain tool and checked the tolerances with a dial caliper from them too. Yes, yes, I know...

OT for sure, but used to live in Trinity FL ran all over Tampa Bay and once sold bikes at a certain Palm Harbor shop....
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sprchckn996
I just picked up an 02 hawk on saturday. It's carbs aren't right so I'm starting take down. Looks like someone has really monkey'd with em before me. Hope they're good!

Congratulations on the new bike, if you haven't ridden one yet you will be pleased. Welcome to the forum as well, we will need pics of the bike soon. Good luck on the carbs, there is a carb set up thread in the tech section I think. I haven't tried it but people here swear by it.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GlockPointer
I think. I haven't tried it but people here swear by it.
Well some of us do......
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

My bike is getting a little chuggy when cold and occasionaly cuts one when idling so I am psyching myself up to look into the carbs. Of course I will use the thread.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Bike Hoarder
Squid

Installed my new Headlight Relay harness. Will be looking to see how it really works once my battery is back up to snuff. Cold weather is killing it big time.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Nice ride to Luckenbach, first in a while. Got to air it out all I could stand for 60 miles or so. Chicken strips are all but gone, maybe 2-3mm left on back tire.
Other than that, just some new flush mount sigs up front.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Squid

VTF1998 is on a distinguished road
I live in Melbourne also. Behind Publix/Popeyes chicken on 192. Just got the bike. First real sport bike. Had 08 Kawi concours 1400. Had Colin at ACS put on new tires and pads and I just did the TPS update. Going to bike week?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Back Marker

CascadeRider is on a distinguished road
Today, I ordered tires. And I went with Shinko Advance 005's. And the reason is that I chew through rears and didn't see any point spending another 30 to get BT023s or PR2s or whatever else. I've run the 005 before and didn't see a difference.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

I got to sit on a RC51 belonging to a six foot hot German bebe. She jokingly said she would trade for my Hawk since it was so pretty and blue. With her two inch chicken strips I'm sure she would have just as much fun on my bike. Damn I want a RC51. And a six foot hot German babe would be fine too.
Oh yeah, post 500!

Last edited by GlockPointer; 03-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I got to sit on a RC51 belonging to a six foot hot German bebe. She jokingly said she would trade for my Hawk since it was so pretty and blue. With her two inch chicken strips I'm sure she would have just as much fun on my bike. Damn I want a RC51. And a six foot hot German babe would be fine too.
Oh yeah, post 500!

Make that post actually, but you get the point...
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Wish I had pics, her husband was with her on his Nicky H. RC so I have no pics.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
No six foot stompin' blondes on my itinerary, unfortunately, but I got around to rebuilding the clutch slave internals and refilling with fresh fluid. Couldn't find DOT 4 anywhere, all I could find was **** marked DOT 4 & 3. I'm hoping that just means that 4 supersedes 3 and it is backwards compatible?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well not today but 2 daze ago - dragged the ole VTR from under crap & fitfully added air to the tires (will get the right angle valve stems w/ next tires)

I put on my cold weather gear - it was about 38 degrees when I left, Gerbings Jkt liner, ski pants that go over jeans. Took it off the Battery Tender & packed up & she cranked a fews times & then fired up. Turn on the heated grips.

I rode to my friends house about 30 mins. away to help him.

I ended up crashing @ his casa & rode home yesterday in some rain - we never got the forecasted snow - I guess Va got it all.

Then plotted DR trip

Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Back Marker

CascadeRider is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, post 500!
You mean me right? Woohoo!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

You da man Cascade!

80 some-odd miles tonite to my secret test track and back. I love riding at night, just make sure to go fast enough that if you hit a deer you both explode, no worries. My headlight must have heard me talking about it so my low beam went out again tonite for the last half of my ride. Pissing off people in town. I guess I'l carry a spare and get savant about installing. Ride fast my friends.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
First ride on the VTR since last Oct.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Another crappy day in SoCal......

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?-011.jpg

Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Bike Hoarder
Squid

Checked Valves, Installed MCCTs, Tossed PAIR with blockoffs, Changed Plugs,

Oh and looked at the above post and gave it the bird....

Last edited by SgtHollywood; 03-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Put on my new slip-ons (Leo's.) Dremeled the other f4i caliper and epoxy coated them gold along with the stock rear caliper. Bled the stock fronts in preparation for the swap, and put on the f4i master cylinder. Getting close. Just need to tear into my filthy dirty carbs and install my pilot jets and I'll be riding. Then I can post about riding here instead of wrenching.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Back Marker

Super Hawk Pro is on a distinguished road
I dug my chicken out of the garage. Cant wait to put the rubber to the road. She fired right up.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supermarto
I figgered... What did you use? Laquer thinner? MEK? Acetone? Brake cleaner?
Been a while. I didn't see your question.
clamped the caliper in a vise and used an angle grinder with a wire wheel to remove all the old paint and then cleaned with MEK.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Squid

AWBlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Being prepped for a fresh black paint job as i type, got my factory decal set in the mail. yay!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

It was Sunday but...

Passed the Sheriff of a certain co. in an unmarked civilian vehicle at a HIGH rate of speed. We saw him later at a venue loaded with bikes, he knew one of our buddies so he swang by to say hello and tell us he was looking for some crotch rockets that passed him "going 190". We bought him some Coors and told him we would keep our eyes open.
Got to swap rides and took an '07 R1 for a cruise, soft response down low, but came on the pipe like a two-smoker later. I liked how it just went where I pointed without having to talk it over with me along the way. The 'Hawk has more soul I think.
My buddy with the R1 swapped out for his R6 and we ran down another secret venue with mile-long straights and full visibility connected by 45 degree sweepers. This one is about 9 miles long. The (older) R6 stayed with me the whole time culminating with us running 160 mph down the straights. Even with a mad running start out of the corner all I could muster was 160 indicated and it did not feel like she had much more, maybe 165.
Is that par for the course with stock gearing or should she have more?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Mellow enough cruise out to Johnson City. Found a new watering hole. I might as well have been Michael Knight out there. Got a few Hey Babys from the local gals, made some new friends. I don't think there were any OS moments this whole ride, I saw two deer and they were scared the other way.
Swapped for a Sylvania headlight bulb before I left, it does seem better.
I guess that's it, what's up with you fellow 'Hawkers?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Back Marker

Super Hawk Pro is on a distinguished road
Glockpointer are you talking about johnson City Tennessee?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Negatory good buddy, JC Texas.

Gave the 'Hawk the spa treatment tonite to atone for the top speed attempts lately. New T6, fresh Belray on the chain, check tires, brakes, clean the wheels/bike, and wrung out some more preload on the spaghetti forks.
Going on a bigger group ride tommorow, between 6 and 12 bikes. A motley crue of sport, harley, and Goldwing. Castel Tx. is the destination, charity fish-fry for money to stock a local pond fer tha kiddies to fish. Insert Norman Rockwell illustration here. Still, good times and good food and great beer will prevail.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

PAIR removal. TPS set to 502 ohms. Douched carbs. Shimmed needles and installed #48 pilots. Rescued six pieces of sidewalk chalk of varying colors out of my Leo Vince slip ons courtesy of my two year old.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Nice. Bet they could hold quite a few pieces of chalk. Did you know they were there, or find out when you tried to run it?

I'm always afraid something will climb into those inviting holes and make a nest overnight. Thinking of getting a pair of these: http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/FMF-MUFFLER-PLUG
Old 04-05-2013, 05:44 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by rz_racer_69
Nice. Bet they could hold quite a few pieces of chalk. Did you know they were there, or find out when you tried to run it?

I'm always afraid something will climb into those inviting holes and make a nest overnight. Thinking of getting a pair of these: http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/FMF-MUFFLER-PLUG
Yeah, lol, I saw him in action. And yeah, they hold a lot. Sidewalk chalk is the big stuff, not that little school chalk... Gotta be an inch & a 1/4 through the middle and five inches long. There were three pieces each can.

Those plugs woulda come in handy. Thus is round two. Last time I fished a crayon, a pencil and a toy drumstick out... Had to pull the can for the crayon.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Alot went on since my last post. Many bitchin miles with all my brothers. Tonite I joined the " Hit a fuxin deer Club". Little bastard darted out and I smacked him in the hindquarter at 40mph. All I could do was brace for impact and I was surprised when I remained up on two. Then the headlight went out and I rode on by the marker light for 20 miles. Turns out the whole front plastic everything is trashed and I have deer hair on me and my bike. The bike rode hunky dorry all the way home so it seems to be superficial damage. Should I do the frame retweaking unbolting rebolting thing while I'm putting it back together?

I just thought of this, the led marker light mod is what lit the way home and it worked great for the circumstance. Thanks guy who showed us this mod.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your SuperHawk today?