General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

vtr1000 vs rc51

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
I am not going to denounce my love for the SH, BUT the RC's are fuel-injected! No dealing with Carb cleaning, chokes, tuning jet kits, carb syncs...It just seems to be a no-brainer to me. Its up-dated all around. Yeah the riding position isn't as great, but if your acutally riding, that requires you to move around. And if you're moving around enough your *** won't fall asleep and you'll stay comfortable!... Yes rider counts, but this thread doesn't have "rider" anywhere in the title. Bike to bike, numbers and components say it all to me. I just don't understand how this could be argued. I don't have much weight the sling behind this statement because I haven't taken a RC riding. I'll still stand behind it though and will continue to think you guys who say a hawk can out-perform a RC are crazy. I will always have a soft spot for the hawk and truly believe is a great ALL-ROUND bike but if we're talking performance I don't think there should be any question here.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Back Marker

fuzzuki is on a distinguished road
Wow, my buddy just bought an RC51. It was tracked and then sold as a street bike.
He needed me to do some work to it to get it ready to certify.
Then I took it out for a spin.

You can't compare these two bikes.
The RC is a pure bread race bike. It hauls man.
225 in 4th gear.

My Super Hawk would suck so bad against this bike.

It turns like a dream and stops like crazy.

Now I want an RC 51.....................damn my friend.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
mad skill collector
Squid

YOUNGJESTER is on a distinguished road
I think it depends on what color hawk you have ! lol
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Good Day, I was reading _about this MASH-fest. You and your friend are hashing.. I own 3) Rc-51s, and (between Father and brothers and my own)more than 4) S-hawks.
the comparison- in a straight line(1/8) mile.. The SUPERhawk will be the bike. With the variables of the (16/43) conversion on sprockets, BMC airfilter
Yet we as a family ride -US. 129 quite often- and to push a S-hawk in comparison to any one of the 3 RC-51's on the curvies is not real fair..
Cycle World/ Rogue RC-51 both put out information that the RC-51 would be considered the best that Honda could deliver to a STOCK factory streetable Racebike.
I would suggest you not go running the guts out your hawk to prove a(David and Goliath battle)
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Beating a dead horse here but the RC was designed by Honda to be faster than the hawk. That is all there is to it.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Back Marker

luis saleiro is on a distinguished road
Well, judging by the date on the first post, i think this race allready happened, am i right?
So, dont know about you guys, but i surelly would like to hear about the final result.
How about it Eddie? What happened with this race?