General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

VTR mods and dieting 101

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D VTR RIDER
Thanks for your comments regarding possible mods. The front end mod is high on my list and I will need to start looking for the parts.
Oh don't thank me yet... When you get done paying for the stuff I will entice you to do, and if you still want to then thank me...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
After having completed it, the GSXR front was relatively easy. I have 5-10mm of room to play with their length in the upper triples, not a lot, but what we move the SH forks.

One modified upper steering head bearing (sold by ALL ***** RACING) and taller clip-ons or superbike bars and it's a done deal. That is, provided you use all GSXR parts up front, which is what I did. GSXR triples, forks, wheel and brakes. I found 01 rotors and had spaces made for the calipers to use them. They are 320mm, same as the CBR100RR, and are the biggest rotors Suzuki has put on the GSXR.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
With the wiring set-up the VTR has, I think you will get too much voltage drop to have that 100w globe working efficiently. It would need a relay to provide it with good power. HID is better but the ballast will add weight, which you are trying to reduce.

I have those expensive Phillips super bright globes in my VFR main lights, and the HID driving lights make them look nasty. HID is far superior.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shayne
With the wiring set-up the VTR has, I think you will get too much voltage drop to have that 100w globe working efficiently. It would need a relay to provide it with good power. HID is better but the ballast will add weight, which you are trying to reduce.

I have those expensive Phillips super bright globes in my VFR main lights, and the HID driving lights make them look nasty. HID is far superior.
I already have the Eastern Beaver relay kit in place and have been running it since last summer. The 100/55W bulb is the final chapter in the lighting story for me.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:28 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Ah, then it should work ok with the new beaver kit.

" Hey - nice beaver!!"
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Finally got down to Hawkrider's place yesterday to gather up my (warehouse) of parts. I proceeded to put the BMC (street) filter in (made a slight tweak to the Flo-Commander to compensate for the added airflow) and replaced the stock coils with the stick couoil set-up I picked up from a fellow forum member recently. I went out for a short (100+ miles) ride today and was quite happy (yet again!) with the results. Power and response were improved slightly (but noticeably) across the board and bike just pulls and pulls. Another neat development is how quickly the bike fires up now. It seems the engine hardly gets a full turn in before it rumbles to life. Curiously, some Speedzilla members who also went to stick coils on their RC51s also reported this.

Now if those oversize front rotors can show up.....