General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Street racing stories?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GeMs
Grow up man. I was trying to defend him because I know how people in this forum work. Hes a new member, and maybe he has insight on the Hawk that people dont have here. Its always the same old Stunting is gay, and we are all pro track riders. It gets old.
Why don't you take the time to read! I posted the link to his stunting thread, where NOONE has bashed stunting.

Why don't you read this whole thread, NOONE bashed his stunting in this thread.

I am grown, I know how to read what is written.

I was offering insight to why people were reacting to him.

I am neither a PRO TRACK rider or STUNTER. I enjoy watching both.

Perhaps you should take a step back, and read from where he entered this conversation, and you would understand why Jordan and I have come to understand what the other is saying.

Good luck Gems on practicing what you preach, which is growing up.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
BTW, adding comments like this, only fuels the fire. If you let it go, then everyone else will follow.
Hippocr... Bah. Nevermind.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
Maybe I skipped over something, but I haven't seen any anti-stunting posts in this thread, or really on the forum as a whole. While many here may not enjoy stunting or even wheelies, they aren't bashing it or "hanging on to it", that's all my previous post's point was.

Jordan, welcome to the SH, and the forum. Stunting isn't my thing, though I'd like to learn to hold a nice wheelie. But I think the point of this thread was a little bench racing. Sort of like fish stories, just let 'em be.

Gems, bite me
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
Yeh I think this went a little far. I was just shocked how rude some senior members were. But no hard feelings to anyone.

There is an on ramp in New Britain that is about three quarters of a mile long. It is pretty much straight also. This said on ramp has a light at the beginning of it that is the easiest to time. So I roll up on the Hawk and usually the light is red, and since its 2 lanes sometimes a get lucky enough to have someone pull up in a decent car. This particular night was an orange Neon SRT, all done up with rims and a blow off valve. I saw it was a bunch of kids my age in there, and of course they rev their engine. I oblige, and get ready. I never saw that car in my town before, so I assumed they didn't know this light. And like clockwork, after the left turn arrow turned to red, exactly 2 seconds later the light turned green. I launched pretty hard, short shifted into 2nd and maxed 2nd and 3rd out. Looked back and the neon was about 100 feet behind me. I slowed down, and let them have their 2nd place fly by. I saw the kids later that night and they asked what kind of CBR I had.. Haha
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Come on guys, back on topic, you are talking about some slow cars here.

Mustang GTs, WRXs, 350zs are 13 and 14 second cars.

Surely these bikes are good for low 12s in the quarter, which will kill about any car under $60k from a standstill, and almost everything else from a roll.

Right? How hard is it to get the most out of it on a launch?

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 07-21-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kshuck2
Just took my shawk to the strip this weekend for some heads up grudge matches.
I haven't ever practiced a launch with the shawk since I got it in april, but after a very ugly launch...

I ended up with a 1/4 mile time of 12.87 @ 110 mph

only got to run one pass, but I'll be back in a couple weeks for the normal race day to attempt 11's with some more practice, and some tuning
What was your 60' time on that pass? That about says everything about your ET potential. I've seen plenty of bikes at the track, but they don't race against the cars obviously, so I don't have a clue what sort of 60' times they pull. I have only run my car there.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 AM
-
Squid

jordanv3122 is on a distinguished road
60 ft times are all rider. i would think the superhawk is a high 11 bike. i have no idea tho it all depends on the launch and who is riding.