Street racing stories?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
Street racing stories?!?

I have had my superhawk for over a year now, but have never raced anyone eles... Anybody have some sweet stories??? (like smoking a vette w/ their hawk?) my stupid friend thinks his stock 350z will beat my baby.. (eventhough i'm not real good at lanching) that shoundnt be a problem (i think).. anyway heres your chance to brag about what you've went up aginst..

Just curious....
Old 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Rooster Wolf
Back Marker

VFR79 is on a distinguished road
I passed some guy who was doing the speed limit in an Eclipse. It was a nice twisty road and I crossed the double yellow lines.

(Shhhhhhhh....don't tell)
Old 06-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Squid

spencerlvevacque is on a distinguished road
i beat my corrolla? A 350 z just might take us. I know my supra will
Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Subaru WRX from a light w/ no one else around. I fight the urge these days....it's not really worth it when you figure (at least I do) that you're gonna win....it's the cager that just wants to see how close to "bike fast" he is.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Squid

Unclutchable is on a distinguished road
I generally dont give cagers the satisfaction. Gas is too expensive to waste it on a sure thing. That's like racing a stock Civic while you're in a modded RX7.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Back Marker

jserio is on a distinguished road
I have never seen a car that was stock other then like a Z06/ZR1, Bugatti, hi end pasta rocket, Beat a motorcycle ( 600 and up ) in the 1/4 mile. I can't see an ( un-molested ) street car beating are bikes.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spencerlvevacque
v-6 350z's cannot take a superchicken. Proved it multiple, multiple times.

The superchicken can beat a 2007 stock Mustang GT. From 60mph and up, the superchicken blows the mustang out of the water. Like really, really bad. They are also limited to ~140mph.

Stock WRX's are also not a problem.

Last edited by Otto Man; 06-21-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
an older Lambo. followed by a newer Ferrari passed me on the freeway.....so i got on it and caught up. they noticed and dropped the hammer. so i followed suite. after a 1/4 mile i remembered in a noob, so i cut it out. it was fun. but uneventful.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
I can't be bothered beating up on cars with a modern bike, as it's just too easy.

But a couple of years ago I snotted a Mitsi Evo VII with my old '82 CB1100F, and that was quite a grin. Did it repeatedly at a series of lights, then out of town he caught me up as I was cruising on a twisty road, so I left him miles behind there, too.

PS in 40 years' riding on the street, I do not think anything has ever passed me on a corner.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
My first bike was a 89 CBR 600 the Hurricane. I put her together with the help of a friend. She didn't look like much, but she ran strong.

I was at a stoplight and a 1993 Impalla SS (four door vette) pulled up next to me. He reved his engine a time or two, so we took off. I smoked him.

I let off before the next light and let him run beside me for a min. or two. He was just shaking his head. Silly car drivers.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
I followed a Volvo up pretty fast on the interstate one time. I thought it was hysterical that a Volvo was doing a bucktwenty plus!

I do get a kick out of dropping the hammer on some of these clueless women that drive imports. I think some of them actually believe they have something for me (or they are just lost in their own little perfect world and I'm just imagining it, lol). Just a little silly fun as they disappear in my mirrors.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:20 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
In Orlando, southbound on SOBT @ 3AM and a Saleen is roaring and snorting next to me at each traffic light for about a mile. After he gets my eye and a nod for a launch at the next light I set a plan because I know he has a clutch.

On the green we go and I snick smooth 1st to 2nd and throttle wrist it to hold my front wheel even with his. I feather into 3rd and wait in the meat of my torque curve while I listen to the open pony exhaust roar.

Left fist on my hip, I watch his fender out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough, the front of the saleen dropped as the driver lifted off the gas and stabbed his clutch for the upshift. THAT was my signal. Without removing my fist from my hip, I rolled the throttle to WFO, canted myself in the bike's saddle and watched eye candy struggle to keep up with my S'hawk as I strolled causally away into the night air.

Two clutchless shifts for me and I was cruisin' when he finally caught up at Taft-Vineland to receive my left handed scout salute.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spencerlvevacque
According to a cycleworld article I read, the VTR will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds... not much will take that. Top speed, sure, the VTR doesn't have a super high top speed.

Last edited by lazn; 06-24-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:29 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Every once in a while I'll split lanes at a red light and the vehicle next to me takes exception. They will floor it when it goes green, and I just take it up through 1st then level out, having left them in the dust.

The funny thing is that more often than not the offended driver is a woman in a minivan or a guy in a Nissan Xterra. If they repeat at the next light, I just let them go and give the side of my helmet a slap...Dooh!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Back Marker

nfbzike
I have raced numerous friends bikes in the past few years. A short list would be a F4i which the hawk was just as fast if not a little faster than. A 05 gsxr 600 which we were about dead even, an 02 R1 that smoked me all day long , a geared 02 r6 which we were dead even, and xb12r which i made look like a 50cc dirtbike, So my conclusion is that the superhawk is just as fast as most 600's and slower than any sports bike above that. But my favorite street racing stories were on my 03' modded busa. I put down 175hp at the wheel. I had a gsxr 1000 pull by me while i was cruising at around 100. He had about 100 feet on me when i rolled on. I watched the speedo hit 150 as i was passing him and could of pulled forever on him. But i let off at 175 and watched him rip by. Pretty sure he thought hed just smoked me. I didnt want to go much faster than that. I also ran a 05+ supercharged mustang from about 70MPH on. No idea what he had done to the car but must of had AT least 500+ to the wheels. The guys kept on me like a fly on ****. Came up on traffic really fast and laid on the brakes. Even with shitty busa brakes i got the thing to slow down. Im not 100% sure but i think the mustangs brakes melted.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Back Marker

lhoward1134 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lazn
According to a cycleworld article I read, the VTR will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds... not much will take that. Top speed, sure, the VTR doesn't have a super high top speed.
I realized how stupid I was at 150 mph.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I had a SL55 or 65 try to run with me, I had him on top end, he beat me in accel (I rolled on in 6th) we were running 155 through a section of highway that required me to lean pretty damn far to keep it on the road.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I ran a HIGHLY modded Mustang Cobra recently. He pulls up to my buddy (Buell xb9r) and I at a light.. Car sounded good.. Cammed, open exhaust, big tires out back.. revved a couple times.. to taunt us.. so I figure what the hell..

My buddies Buell was right in his window the whole run.. But, by the time they were half way through the intersection I was through it looking back at them both..
Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Oh .. and I was going through Charlotte on time, when a Escalade came out of NOWHERE.. I mean I looked in the mirror, and all I saw was a caddy emblem... jumped lanes, let him roll on by.. followed at a distance (1/4 mile back) for the next ten minutes or so at 140+... never catching him, but wasnt trying either. He was weaving HARD to keep speed.. the bike was easy... I had plenty of room after he went through.. just kind of stayed in his wake... But he was too dagerous a driver fo me to want to be ANYWHERE near..
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by jserio
I have never seen a car that was stock other then like a Z06/ZR1, Bugatti, hi end pasta rocket, Beat a motorcycle ( 600 and up ) in the 1/4 mile. I can't see an ( un-molested ) street car beating are bikes.
I dont think they actually think they can win... Maybe they just want to see what we can do?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
A few weeks ago a guy in a supercharged mustang, I believe rated at 390 hp, tried to beat me away from a light on a rural highway. By the time I hit the top of third gear, he was a dot in my mirrors. There are cars out there which will out accelerate a VTR, but that guy either spent hundreds of thousands of dollars up front, or at least spent more money modding his engine than you spent on your entire bike.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RK1
There are cars out there which will out accelerate a VTR, but that guy either spent hundreds of thousands of dollars up front, or at least spent more money modding his engine than you spent on your entire bike.
I am yet to see a car that will do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

Reading all of these stories reminded me of a odd racing story. I was living down in Daytona Beach at the time and a asshat in a dodge neon SRT-4 pulls next to me on A1A. As we sat at the stoplight he was reving his engine like crazy. I was riding without a helmet. I turned to him and yelled "Bitch please you understand this is a motorcycle you want to race, right!"

His face contorted and he took in what I said. The passangers in his car cracked up. He quit revving the engine and looked straight ahead.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Squid

rhorsley is on a distinguished road
A few weeks ago I left work early (before traffic forces me to use the "bike lane" here in California. A guy in front of me in a Volkswagon Jetta decided to lay down some rubber on the on-ramp to show how cool was. I followed casually. About a mile down the freeway I caught up to him at 100mph (but my speedometer reads 11.6% high due to 15/43 sprockets and no speedohealer). He takes offense that I'm passing him and speeds up to challenge me. At 130mph, he gave up and at 165mph (minus 11.6%) I eased up and coasted back to 100mph. He caught up again and gave me a thumbs up. I think I might have seen a tear in his eye...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:04 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I was just riding home and some guy in a ford Lightning tried to race me off the line, he roasted his tires, thru up all kinds of tire smoke, I was just starting off normally and walked away from him.. lol
Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Squid

quakefiend420 is on a distinguished road
some kid in a 90's gmc tried to race me on the interstate...of course, i toyed with him for a while before showing him he was an idiot
Old 07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
On my way home today a mid nintys ninja 600r tried to roll past me on the interstate at 70. I laid on it and left him in the dust. I let off at 150 .
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 AM
-
Squid

jordanv3122 is on a distinguished road
you guys have some retarded stories... its a superhawk! im sure a modern 600 will roast us. my last bike was a 1999 cbr 900rr with a +8 rear sprocket. some bikes just arent meant to race. the superhawk is a baddass streetbike and i love riding it. i mean i cant wait to get a 636 so i can continue stunting but the superhawk was too good of a deal to pass up. i would like to keep the superhawk and wait a few more months til i can afford a 636 and keep both bikes. no offense to anyone but some of your stories are garbage..
Old 07-19-2008, 04:15 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Wow Jordan, thanks for sharing your story.

Didn't your mommy ever tell you, "if you can't something nice, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!"

BTW, the "modern" 600s, some can, some can't. If you weren't so damned busy stunting, and rode your bike, you might know that. So each to their own.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
-
Squid

jordanv3122 is on a distinguished road
thats all i do with the hawk.. just ride. i can ride my bike probly 10 times better than you can ride yours. i know that because you post dumb threads like this.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jordanv3122
thats all i do with the hawk.. just ride. i can ride my bike probly 10 times better than you can ride yours. i know that because you post dumb threads like this.

I have to admit, I'm not the oldest or most wise person on the internet, but I have met quite a lot of people through the internet, and various parts of the country riding my superhawk. And if I learned anything....I learned that 99.9% of the time, the biggest **** talkers on the internet are also the biggest idiots on the street, with next to no common sense. Most truly skilled riders read and post on the net nonchalantly...letting their track lap times tell the story.

Just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Street racing stories?!?