General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

parts availibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981

Why the VTR didn't take off here? I could write a book about that one because it's complicated. Basically it's a part of a mentality, or should i say the lack thereof, here in cow country. Once you understand that the rugged individualism which previously defined the majority of us has become an anachronism, then it all makes more sense.
I think "success" is relative. I see VTR's and VFR's of all ages, everywhere I go. That the VTR is going on 15 years old and so many nice ones are still out there(to the point that they can had for very cheap) is a success to me. It means the bike was purchased mostly by people who understood it and cared to take care of it. Can't say that about the 600cc flavor of the month.

The Superhawk we know and love isn't even part of a family of bikes. It is a single model that went largely unchanged during it's run and it's popular enough that long after production has ended there are active forums in most markets supporting it.

I say it's a success.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by davidka
I think "success" is relative. I see VTR's and VFR's of all ages, everywhere I go. That the VTR is going on 15 years old and so many nice ones are still out there(to the point that they can had for very cheap) is a success to me. It means the bike was purchased mostly by people who understood it and cared to take care of it. Can't say that about the 600cc flavor of the month.

The Superhawk we know and love isn't even part of a family of bikes. It is a single model that went largely unchanged during it's run and it's popular enough that long after production has ended there are active forums in most markets supporting it.

I say it's a success.
true. we would have certainly been deprived if Honda wouldn't have conceived the superhawk. And while we're at it, we may as as well give thanks to the Italians who provided the impetus for its development.

The fact that it is such a great marque, and that it is so appealing to us makes it a bit disconcerting in the sense that they gave up on it. Too bad it wasn't as popular as the XR650L which they've been making forever, mostly unchanged. Having 2 bikes i love, one out of and one in production highlights this ambivalence for me.