General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I bagged a deer! (gorey photos warning)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
well, i experienced a first on yesterday's ride. I was running about 50mph through a residential rural area and a high speed deer almost T-Boned me. This is arguably the fastest deer I've ever encountered on the road. Legs and body outstretched, low to the ground and flying. I momentarily left off the throttle and he whizzed in front of me. I think if it would have made a direct hit on my side, i wouldn't be here writing this morning. 150+lb object traveling at full speed smashing into me from the side would have sent me who knows where. Scary ****!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981
I think if it would have made a direct hit on my side, i wouldn't be here writing this morning. 150+lb object traveling at full speed smashing into me from the side would have sent me who knows where. Scary ****!
Glad it didn't hit you! The deer are moving alot right now around here with the farmers in the fields working. Everyone be extra watchful out there!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:56 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Tis the season. Around here with all the rain, the dear would need water-wings and snow shoes to get across the roadside ditches. Last weekend, where the road was not closed due to flooding, on one stretch where there are actually dikes paralleling the road, the water level held back was near the top and about 2 feet+ above the elevation of the road. And the forecast is for rain through the weekend. And the darn spring buds are so plentiful I have to clear the gutters every couple of days.

Whereas the possibility of dear strikes frightens me and I always keep an eye out for them, between the cagers, water, manure, gravel and mud on the pavement, its enough to keep me home when I see the gas prices which around here are over $4.38 a gallon; worst in the country!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ninjagoalie
Glad it didn't hit you! The deer are moving alot right now around here with the farmers in the fields working. Everyone be extra watchful out there!
10-4, me too. Oh yeah and about an hour before that, I had another near catastrophe. I tried to pass some dork in a minivan between two hairpin turns and he sped up and forced me to remain in the other lane. Wouldn't you know it? Another car was coming the other way. So now i'm on the yellow line right before the turn and the road just happens to be wet. I glanced over and this SOB is looking at me with his cell phone up like he was taking my picture and/or like he was going to call the cops. Fortunately, the oncoming car was kind enough to give me enough room to complete the pass on the yellow line. So I got around this ***** and turned and shot him and his girlfriend a nice big bird for the camera. I can't stand these ******** that hate to be passed and there are a shitload of these scumbags around here.