General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hawks New Competition....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:24 PM
SuperSport

Rollin20z is on a distinguished road
Hawks New Competition....

Well a couple weeks ago I was talking with a buddy that has a VFR and finally got permission to get him another bike. Since he is a firly new rider, at least to riding twistie roads he wanted something he felt as if he had more control over(lighter,better suspension, more sport than tourer style) so he ended up getting a used CBR600F4 and he has only ridden it very little but says he feels more confident on it. So that got me to thinking and I then realized I actually feel pretty confident on the Hawk even on the Dragon but was wondering if something smaller would feels that much different and I got the 600 itch. Cause I got the Hawk,2-Busa's and a fat tire R1 but nothing really considered small and nimble even though I feel as if the Hawk is so I started browsing. And after running #'s and $'s on factory new bikes and then used bikes and then the all expensive upgrades you always do whether you need them or not I knew this was gonna be a sh*t or get off the pot ordeal. So really not being brand loyal as you can see I was open to anything that caught my eye. And low and behold what popped up but this little beauty 09 R6 built by Nick Anglada pretty much brand new with only 46 miles(put on by Eric Bostrom for the photo shoot & cover) of 2Wheel Tuner March 09. Already has a good bit of goodies and upgrades on it so I think I did pretty good and killed 2 or 3 birds with 1 stone. Granted I don't get the satisfaction of doing the work myself, or headaches for that matter. But as soon as I get some Pilots mounted up and the slicks off I will get to see what a 600 handles like. Hell anything will feel different now that I haven't even been on a bike since Nov with the winter weather and then shattered wrist, so it will be like learning to ride a bike again. As you can see it found it's way into the living room, actually cause it was loaded on back of truck and when I got home I didn't have any help(ramp too steep) but I noticed backed up to porch and with ramp from tailgate to front door was almost level and made it so easy, so that's where it ended up for now.

Anyone needing any like new slicks?
Attached Thumbnails Hawks New Competition....-dscn9174.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9148.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9149.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9157.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9164.jpg  

Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 PM
SuperSport

Some of the mods already done and couple magazine pics:

Paint by world reknown painters Gator Customs
Carrozzeria wheels 17x3.5 front 17x6.0 rear
Gregg’s Customs swingarm one off boxed in
Gregg’s Customs turn signals
Gregg’s Customs mirror delete plates
Gregg’s Customs front sprocket cover
Gregg’s Customs license plate mount
Beringer hand controls and front brake master cylinders
Beringer Aeronal cast iron front brake rotors
Beringer Aeronal radial mount front brake calipers
Yamaha GYT-R Harris rearsets
Yamaha GYT-R oil cap
Yamaha GYT-R air filter
Yamaha GYT-R passenger seat cowling
Yamaha GYT-R frame sliders
Yamaha GYT-R dark smoked windscreen
Leo Vince custom GP Pro full stainless exhaust system
Racetech re-valved front and rear suspension with springs set up for 190 lbs rider with gear
Graves Motorsports clip-on handle bars
Graves Motorsports rear master cylinder return spring
Graves Motorsports billet stator cover
Graves Motorsports billet ignition cover
Galfer steel braided superbike brake lines
Clear Alternatives blue tinted integrated tail light
GPR VR-4 steering stabilizer
Dunlop front and rear racing slicks
R.I.S Designs billet brake fluid reservoirs
Seat by Kustom Seats Kreations
Harris gas cap
Bazzaz Performance ZF-I Traction Control
Bazzaz Performance ZAF-M kit
Bazzaz Performance quick shift

Article:
http://nickangladaoriginals.com/pdfs..._CSC_R6_v3.pdf

Should be a fun bike I'm hoping...
Attached Thumbnails Hawks New Competition....-bqjghig-wk%7E%24-kgrhqyh-d-euyb-lglyblv560dlmg%7E%7E_3.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-boz.gif  
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Awesome. (Other than the paint job.)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Nice bike. I like the paint job.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Can I be tacky and ask how much? Very nice........cool bits too.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Nice bike, alot of nice bits on there, paint is done well but not for me.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
awesome bike (although I would DEFINITELY repaint it). Some real nice bits on it. Let us know how it works
Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
SuperSport

To be honest the paint (color wise) didn't really give me instant wood either, but it's one of those designs that looks better the more you look at it with all the detail and matching powder coat work done.

And the kicker is last march when the magazine came out was 1 month after my wife was diagnosed and she seen it laying on my desk one day when she came in to see what I was doing and she said I really like that bike and commented on how good she would look on it. She liked the color scheme,body mods and the way it was accented with gold and not the usual everything chromed. And if she was to get her own bike she would like one like that. And honestley with her dark hair,bright blue eyes and a pair of those lil Kitty leathers in baby blue & white, they would have made a smoking combo. So I guess when I seen the chance to but it in a way I think I was buying it for her. Because I know if she was still here today I know who's bike it would be and who probably would not get to ride it(at least not if she wanted to). So in the end the paint /powder coat will probably remain the same and if I decide the paint isn't for me then I guess I'll put it on stands and it'll become home decor'.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by badboyrr
Can I be tacky and ask how much? Very nice........cool bits too.
That is some more of none of your buisness

Really though:

Lets just say if my wife was still alive I would have paid a lot more just to get it for her. But honestley I probably paid for the all mods/paint/pc & work and bike was a bonus.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Squid

youngdrew47 is on a distinguished road
That bike is insane. You are lucky to own it!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Having a 600 as well as the SH, I can tell you that the 600 will feel much quicker to turn in, less effort to do it, and you'll feel really at ease in the middle of the curves. The major difference in riding them is keeping the 600's engine stirred up more to stay in the power band. I shift a lot more on the 600 compared to the SH. I never use more than 3 gears on the track with the SH and 5 for the 600, unless there is an unusually long straight.

I can't say that I like the color of the bike either, but it's got very special meaning for you, so leave it as is and enjoy it. If anyone should happen to give you a hard time about riding a bike that color, they'll absolutely shrink when you tell them the story!

enjoy!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
98' SH stock
Squid

Moehawk005 is on a distinguished road
great lookin bike. i have a couple of R6 b4
but i still like my superchix
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
I really like the paint. I think it matches the lines of the bike really well. I'm sure you will turn a few heads with it. ENJOY
Old 05-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Hey since you own several bike now. If you need someone to babysit them let me know Muahhahahaha
Old 05-14-2010, 06:52 PM
SuperSport

Thanks guys. I intend on enjoying it.

Old Yeller, I am the kind of person that honestley doesn't let other peoples opinion bother me, so if someone wants to try and give me a hard time about the color so be it. I sure won't miss a wink of sleep over it, and frankly it's those people that are always taking stabs at other peoples stuff which most of the time is clearly nicer than what they have are just simply envious/jealous and that's their way of making themselves feel better when they are wishing they had whatever it is. I always say if you work hard enough and deserve what you want you'll get it. Sorta like the karma thing, good & bad things you do to others comes back around to you sooner or later.

doomcookie,
I'll keep you in mind when more storage is needed. Whats your location?

mohawk,
yeah, I'll always keep my hawk no matter what else joins or leaves the stable.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Superstock

andy9743 is on a distinguished road
that's a really cool story, congrats on the bike i say leave it as is i like it!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
Im gonna be the odd man out here and say I REALLY LIKE THAT PAINT JOB!!!
I love blue and could really see myself on that bike. Grats on a great bike i hope you enjoy it I sure would.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Rollin20z when i wrote my #6 post i was going to add that i could see alot of girls/woman liking that color . Sorry about your wife.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 AM
SuperSport

Thanks guys,
I believe the color is actually starting to grow on me and I haven't even moved it from the living room yet .Have to admit she looks a lot better sitting on some stands, and I even went as far as to keep this thread good for the Hawk forum and put a Honda cover on her.
Now just to get those slicks changed and pick up some tags and she will be ridable.
Attached Thumbnails Hawks New Competition....-dscn9241.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9242.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9247.jpg   Hawks New Competition....-dscn9248.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Squid

BlackhawksFan is on a distinguished road
Jealous doesn't even sum it up. That is beautiful, I love the paint and color scheme. Congrats!