10.29%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Who will be the next president?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
I remember seeing a picture, of US Marines going through a Iraqi Military barracks during the war.

On the wall was a large painting of the twin towers as the planes were crashing into them...... They used it as a gloryous "death to America" tribute, sorry for me thats enough.

I know the intel now says Iraqi Govt had NOTHING to do with 9/11..... but we were looking for a fight and figured this was a good time to take Saddam out... so we did.. and i still stand by what i said, imagine how many terrorists would have been trained there since 9/11

I will say this, i am sure we all love America and only want things to be fair and even for all people here. More Americans should learn to be proud to be "American" again...and sometimes, being American means pissing off the french....

Jim TT .... may I recommned a book, "The Forgotten Soldier" Guy Sajer...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Agreed. Ultimately we all want the same thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 74stingray
I remember seeing a picture, of US Marines going through a Iraqi Military barracks during the war.

On the wall was a large painting of the twin towers as the planes were crashing into them...... They used it as a gloryous "death to America" tribute, sorry for me thats enough.

I know the intel now says Iraqi Govt had NOTHING to do with 9/11..... but we were looking for a fight and figured this was a good time to take Saddam out... so we did.. and i still stand by what i said, imagine how many terrorists would have been trained there since 9/11

I will say this, i am sure we all love America and only want things to be fair and even for all people here. More Americans should learn to be proud to be "American" again...and sometimes, being American means pissing off the french....

Jim TT .... may I recommned a book, "The Forgotten Soldier" Guy Sajer...
Ted Nugent, "The only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman from Canada" Lou I'm not trying to **** you off but that is a pretty close quote. Do I think you join the club - hell no. I hate these contentious times that shake out these differences of opinion. And the tension between people but we all gotta do it.

I went to do my Sam's shopping trip today and ran into an old friend. Manuel has been working the floor for most of the twenty years that I have been going to this store.

I make sure that I have all my barcodes up and readable. He shoots my cart - no need to transfer - here's your receipt. Real smooth - real _ key.

Manuel has checked me out numerous times and he just tells the cashier - shoot and go!

While I am waiting in the line me he tells me that he has never voted. His family has been here for three generations and he has never voted. He's got kids in college and a full time job at Sam's and he does it a day at a time.

I tell him that I have voted in nearly every election since I was 21 yo. I voted for change as it was promised. Never happened.

His response, "They're all crooks"

Last edited by nuhawk; 09-25-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
Duck 007 +1

74 Thanks my friend

Nu Hawk //// FYI I am French. JIM

Last edited by Jim TT; 09-25-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I don't vote out of loyalty to any party. I'm a registered Republican, but I'll vote for whoever best meets my ideals. McCain is far from my ideal choice, but Obama isn't even in the ballpark.

The reason I'm Republican is that California doesn't have an open primary, otherwise I'd probably register Independent and say screw the Dems and Republicans.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
MotoGP

Just trying to spur the dogs, Jim!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
spur the dogs, what the hell;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpB9OoOU02M
YouTube - McCant

Of course the Obama '08 sign at the end is bull **** 'cause on this issue McAmnesty and O'Bamnesty are the same guy.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 PM
RK1
MotoGP

More spurs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--xSJU7Ew7U
YouTube - Obama Is A Mack Daddy
Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

That seems more than a little out of context but let me suggest the context where this was recorded.

South LA

Hood nation with 54% unemployment and a 100% crackhead. Replay the clip with that in mind. Does it still make sense to you?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
MotoGP

Equal spurs. That's cool.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
That seems more than a little out of context but let me suggest the context where this was recorded.

South LA

Hood nation with 54% unemployment and a 100% crackhead. Replay the clip with that in mind. Does it still make sense to you?

nuhawk;

I'm not sure which of the clips you're talking about. The McCain clip was him talking to a bunch of white union guys, I believe in Wisconsin.

The "Obama Mack Daddy" clip was recorded at Rev. Manning's church in Harlem.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 AM
RK1
MotoGP

I checked. McCain was indeed speaking to white union iron workers, pipe fitters and other building trade guys but it was in Washington D.C., not Wisconsin. It was in April, 2006 when McCain was pushing the McCain/Kennedy amnesty legislation.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
Jim TT , The book i mentioned is a German Solders view and account of WWII, I read it three times over the last 10 years, very good book. I have other titles, if you're a WWII buff at all...... most of mine focus on the "ost front" campaign from "deutsche soldaten" perspective.

Amazing, my post didnt get all pissy with must guys and this has remained somewhat civil.....

If Barack Obama had a name.... oh.....like Will Smith..... LOL, things might been easier for him...... but then MSNBC and others might not be so much in the tank for him.

It disgusts me how much the media is warped and in the tank for Obama. If the main stream media, and all the Hollywood lefties want Obama..... thats bad sign for me...

Obama.... Osama
Saddam Huessien..... Barack Huessien
Old 09-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
Nu Hawk ? not sure what you mean but it dosen't seem mean spirted.

74 - I ordered the book already, thanks again...I am
Interested in WWII; my Dad flew a B26 and believe it or not my Dad’s father was a pilot in WWI.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://www.jimdemint.com/blog/2008/0...is-watch-this/
Jim DeMint - Blog Archive - What Caused The Economic Crisis? Watch This!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Good video it makes great points about a flood of new buyers driving up housing costs and bank greed involved in whippin out the sub prime loans. But it fails to show the connection between McCain and the Fannie and Freddy. He's full up with folks from those outfits in his campain right now. It increasingly seems like we can only trust military folks like Powell or Clark. McCain aint in the same league as those two. as he is undereducated campared to either of them.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Unless these debates change my mind, I'm going to vote 3rd party this year for someone with more integrity.

I know it's a "wasted" vote, but it's a protest vote, and I'm guessing there will be many more of them. Popular 3rd party candidates usually only succeed in stealing voters from one candidate (and throwing the election), but I think this time both will be losing many votes.

I think the Dems are idiots for pushing Obama so hard, Hillary would be miles ahead of McCain right now. I'm guessing she'll be campaigning in 2012 and her slogan will be "I told you so."
Old 09-26-2008, 02:30 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Pres debate on tonight at 5pm PST, 8pm EST btw.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
So McNugget decided it was a good idea to show up and give em the straight talk after all eh?

Last edited by Moto Man; 09-26-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
trash talk, lol! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4-TZspqlOs
Old 09-26-2008, 04:50 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Jim TT
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=3]

my Dad flew a B26 and believe it or not my Dad’s father was a pilot in WWI.
Wow, that's impressive! And there weren't that many pilots in WWI. Plus they had to deal with the Red Baron.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBghD...eature=related
YouTube - Barackroll and Rickroll - Side by Side
Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
MotoGP

Barak Obama..."I've got a bracelet too!"

'nuf said.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Squid

MikeJohnson is on a distinguished road
Since 72 stingray doesn't know what he is talking about, let me set the record straight. There were no terrorists in Iraq after 9/11. Saddam wouldn't tolerate them in his country. We invited them in when we disenfranchised the Iraqis in their own country. Instead they have been training in Pakistan and to a lesser degree, Afghanistan where Obama has said repeatedly that we need to focus on the mission. McCain on the other hand, doesn't even know where these countries are in realtion to each other. And yet, some of you would think him the better choice??? Are you that stupid??? Thats ok..... Obama killed McCain last night according to every poll I have seen. Please vote 3rd party...
Old 09-27-2008, 02:16 PM
MotoGP

Did you watch the debate? I did, and I didn't see it that way. And who trusts polls taken by the liberal media?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Squid

Here we go again with the liberal media.... What liberal media are you talking about?? Nothing that Murdock has a hand in, not FOX or ABC or any of the other major players in the "media"... You guys quote the "liberal Media" talking point like it is the truth. The media is so slanted towards the right it isn't even funny. Progressives would like nothing more than to have equal footing in the media. When that happens, we will get "fair and balanced" and not before.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Squid

By the way, I see Obama is gaining right here on our own poll...
Old 09-27-2008, 02:53 PM
MotoGP

Goggle "I've got a bracelet too" and see for yourself who the empty suit is.
Obama sounded like a little kid. And he didn't even know the name on the bracelet!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
VTRsurfer I work for Hart Schaffner & Marx and we made the suit Obama was wearing, I think it looked good.

Yes …WWI Pilots are few are far between, my Grandfather cashed twice and was not killed (obviously). My Father was shot down coming back from bombing oil fields in Hungary and ditched in the Mediterranean near Sardinia. The whole crew of six survived, but were not in good shape. My Dad tried to swing to shore to get a boat and could not make it, he was a good swimmer but he was wounded (he later received a PH). He was saved by a British patrol boat, lucky for me.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
MotoGP

Jim TT,
Wow! Thanks to your Dad and Grandfather we are able to have this discussion today. Glad they both made it. Not enough people realize or appreciate what they sacrificed.

And you're right, the suit did look good.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 09-27-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: add to post

Quick Reply: Who will be the next president?