Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Who will be the next president?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jim TT
I of course have to take issue with one thing because I agree with the rest of what you say; taxes on the rich are lower now than before GW lowered them and at a hell of alot lower than at one point in our history when the extreme rich paid 90%.
Jim;

You are certainly right that the top marginal tax rate has been higher on paper and in law. My guess is that those astonomical rates were designed to make little people feel lucky to "only" be paying 15% to 28%. I doubt the Rockefellers or Kennedys ever had to pay 90% on anything.

Really wealthy people shield their money from those tax rates, have trust funds etc. and what tax they do actually pay is probably much lower rate capital gains tax not earned income tax.

I was also thinking of fees, real estate tax, sales taxes, fuel taxes, state income (and in some cases city) taxes etc.

When you add it all up, Americans are paying much more tax than ever, the federal government has much more money than ever and is still spending us into national bankrupcy. That's what I meant.

Last edited by RK1; 09-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Like it or not my mind is made up, It is time for a change and i don't mean just the Pres, we need a change on the hill as well. It was TN Republican party that started mentioning O's middle name, and got blasted for stepping up. You sure won't see his middle name on the ballot will you.

Hey at least we all got one thing in common regardless of the political views.

Where is the pole option for the VTR for President, probaly would do a better job anyway.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html
Obama and Ayers Pushed Radicalism On Schools - WSJ.com
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thumper
Hey at least we all got one thing in common regardless of the political views.

Where is the pole option for the VTR for President, probaly would do a better job anyway.
Where is the option for a candidate that can or does ride a Superhawk.

McCain could probably in his better day. I saw their performance at Sturgis.

I cannot image Obama in Sturgis. Neither can Cindy McCain regardless of who else is there - even her husband.

I LMAO on that one!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Todd Palin, Sarah Palin's husband, could ride a VTR.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
MotoGP

And she probably could ride one as well (as my wife just suggested).
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk

I cannot image Obama in Sturgis.

I LMAO on that one!
HaHa! Imagine Obama at Sturgis- maybe on a Rebel 450 with an extended swingarm!

But I've got an even better one. Imagine Obama in Gander Mountain camo and blaze orange with a Remington 870 on opening day in Pennsylvania or W. Virginia! With a wad of Redman in his mouth!

Damn shame I can't imagine McCain takin' his nose out of La Raza's *** crack to secure the border and enforce immigration law.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
MotoGP

Dude, seriously, with the economy the way it is - all these guys have gone back across the border because they can't afford to live here anymore.

This is poor -dumb-*** whiteboy labor now. They are having to lift themselves up out of the depths of their meth hell and get a job because the hurricane just delayed their disability checks.

Bad news is crackheads, next week's check is canceled indefinitely.

Get a job - go cut down trees somewhere.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
I'm organizing a motorcycle ride this weekend. I think that will make more qualified for president than Obama, no?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Dude, seriously, with the economy the way it is - all these guys have gone back across the border because they can't afford to live here anymore.

This is poor -dumb-*** whiteboy labor now. They are having to lift themselves up out of the depths of their meth hell and get a job because the hurricane just delayed their disability checks.

Bad news is crackheads, next week's check is canceled indefinitely.

Get a job - go cut down trees somewhere.

I know illegals are leaving Okla. and Az. because they passed laws sanctioning employers and cutting off social services for illegal aliens. Don't know about Texas. Here in So. Ca. the welcome mat is still very much out, the lines at the county emergency room and WIC coupon office are long, and poor white boys who want work (and don't speak Spanish) are heading to Az. and Okla.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 PM
RK1
MotoGP

http://townhall.com/Columnists/Miche..._mortgage_mess
Michelle Malkin :: Townhall.com :: Illegal Immigration and the Mortgage Mess
Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
"Poor People have been voting for Democrats for the last 50 years.......and they are still poor."

So sayeth Charles Barkley
Old 09-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
"Poor People have been voting for Democrats for the last 50 years.......and they are still poor."

So sayeth Charles Barkley
I've never thought about it that way, but unfortunately that's true!
RC
Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2008/09/22-6
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I'm sure Todd Palin, Sarah Palin's husband, could ride a VTR.
No doubt he could, but I'll bet he would prefer to ride a Can Am Spyder.

Last edited by Moto Man; 09-24-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Moto Man
No doubt he could, but I'll bet he would prefer to ride a Can Am Spyder.
You are probably right.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
First of all you have to be old enough to realize that this is a true statement. I was raised in a household that peaked during JFK's time in office. Soon after his assignation, my Dad died and the great Democrat Dream was wiped from any forthcoming reality to me. I have been a Republican ever since. Smaller goverment, fewer taxes, services and fees, less oversight, let the peoples' business be the peoples' business. Happy people pay fair taxes willingly. People who feel like government is ripping them off will do anything to even the score.

Last edited by nuhawk; 09-24-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, with all these pending bailouts, what ever happened to personal responsibility.

From what I understand this is all fallout from greedy people buying houses and other items they couldn't afford, but the credit was easy. Only problem is that eventually the creditors have to be paid.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM
SuperSport

I have been a Republican ever since. Smaller goverment, fewer taxes, services and fees, less oversight, let the peoples' business be the peoples' business...
Ha! Bush must have forgotten to read the instruction manual, aside from the taxes part. I guess massive inflation is really no different though.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
Anyone catch this video of Biden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBl7jrD1GzU

I think he has presidential history and the invention of the TV confused.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:19 AM
SuperSport

Don't forget this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIT3jUrNTX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9asFrls4mws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 09-25-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by newb007
Anyone catch this video of Biden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBl7jrD1GzU

I think he has presidential history and the invention of the TV confused.
Good one. FDR, the Great Depression and TV.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
I think Joe B is OK - far more qualified than Palin...what I do not get is why so many Americans are still in any way loyal to the two parties both of which have proven over and over that they say one thing and do another. Until we can break the two party system I think we should work them against each other to our advantage.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Jim TT
I think Joe B is OK - far more qualified than Palin...what I do not get is why so many Americans are still in any way loyal to the two parties both of which have proven over and over that they say one thing and do another. Until we can break the two party system I think we should work them against each other to our advantage.
I agree a third independent party of real substance and meaning would be great for the two moribund entities... perhaps then, some real reform might be in the offing.

But Biden v. Palin? Kinda like a pile of caca versus a ripe peach, don't ya think?
Attached Thumbnails Who will be the next president?-joe_biden%5B1%5D.jpg   Who will be the next president?-palin1.jpg  

Last edited by LineArrayNut; 09-25-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
i don't know about the rest of you guys but i have been following the race more closely than any others in the past (maybe its because i'm finally starting to grow up and realize these things are important). This years smear campaigns as well as media coverage have completely turned me off to the political world...i'm not being ignorant here, but i think a lot of people are getting to the "enough is enough" point. I never really saw myself becoming truly apathetic when it came to a presidential race but i feel like this dead horse has been bludgeoned beyond recognition. this is no longer a competition between who is more qualified, it is now a matter of who has the fewest skeletons in their closet. i know that this is typically how politics work, but this years race has taken it into the realm of ridiculous.

as far as the need for a prominent third party, i couldnt agree more. the only downside is that partisan hackery is the lifeblood of our governmental system at this point. I tend to lean a bit to the right but empathize with many if not the same amount of liberal ideals. what kills me is that the informed voter seems to be the most unbiased (partisian wise) and most apt to select an official based on merit as opposed to whether they are contrary to abortion or what their stance is on gun control. it is sad that the third party movement is considered "underground" in the political world. i apoligize if me ranting makes no sense...thats the nice part about this thread...its a chance to vent. i know who i am voting for, but i pray that whoever winds up in office begins to move and shake in a manner that will behoove our country on the whole, there are too many failures of the current administration they will have to correct.

is anybody else just generally frustrated with everything political at this point?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
Is liberal a code word for intellectual? What ever happened to real liberals? It doesn’t seem like we have them anymore; what passes for liberal today is a shadow of what I remember. Liberal now is a ‘charged’ word, what the hell are we afraid of? Republicans don’t act like Republicans anymore and the real Liberals are hard to find; I think half the country is living in the past fighting the battles of the past and not aware that the world has changed.

Last edited by Jim TT; 09-25-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
My Vote is for McCain/Palin.... do i wish i had someone better, yes! Colin Powell for one....

But McCains military background is enough for me. Is that shallow? to some maybe, but his time served defending our nation is enough for me. His POW story tells me of his character..... hes not damaged goods!

You guys who question his service and dedication to our nation, must never have served or are too afraid to face that Heros still exist outside the NFL, NHL, NBA, comedy central and so on....

McCain or Obama, I do believe BOTH love America, they just have different views on how it should exist.

Where are Obamas credentials? What major peice of legislation did he construct and how many votes did he do something other than "present"?
I am not bashing Obama and who he is, just what he has done and NOT done.... I'll admit, he's a good speaker, i just wish he had something other than good talking skills.

Everyone who says the war in Iraq was worthless, Remember how it felt on Sept 12th 2001? I sure do and I wanted to *** for payback..... given the intellegence at that time ( or lack of) Saddams henchmen had blood on thier hands, so we took them out.

Going in to Iraq, with the intel we had was the right thing to do AT THAT TIME. Being a monday morning quarterback is always easy for those who dont play. I Been to Iraq and just returned from Afghanistan, we're still doing the right thing! Sadly folks die in war, but I'd rather fight them there..... Imagine how many terrorists could have been trained in Iraq since 2001...... Maybe you can't imagine that because you been blinded by Michael Moore's propaganda.....

I just could never vote Democrat... unless they were both pro gun and pro military, which most never are.

I could do a third party if they ever produced someone worth a damn.

whew, i can feel the flame already..... i am prepared for roasting

John Gibson for president!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
74: I sure would not say you are shallow; I have different
Criteria for making a selection but the reasons you mention are what you think is important. I am a student of Military history, have been for most of my life. BTW Bobby Lee had a plan at Gettysburg that few know about – just read a great book –“lost Triumph, Lee’s Real Plan at Gettysburg and Why It Failed” by Tom Carhart; I recommend it. I do not think Militant experience is necessarily qualification for President. Anyway my point is that because you think it is in no way makes you sallow. JIM
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
No, I'll take a flaming on this one, thank you...
I hear what you're saying except for the Sept. 12th comment....

IRAQ HAS NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH 9/11. The *** kicking was dealt to the Taliban who suddenly popped up out of nowhere going "wow...what happened over there to you guys...it wasn't us!".....and therefore laying the target for us on the ground in Afghanistan.

I agree that of course we're better off without Sadam, but the 9/11 story is a separate issue completely.

Quick Reply: Who will be the next president?