Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Where's Obama?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maverick
Damn right! I forget... who is the commander in chief of said navy which killed the bastard pirates and saved the american...? Was it bush? The guy who sat like a jackass for 45 minutes reading to children when he was told america was ACTUALLY attacked? Or was it somebody else... oh right the new guy you guys all hate so much showed how much ***** he has and saved the day... weird. It's gonna be a good EIGHT years.

Oh geez....someone had the extra large Big Gulp of Kool Aid....
Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Aren't you guys even happy they took out the pirates and saved the AMERICAN captain? Or are you only happy when you think a democrat isn't doing well... For the record I'm not a democrat.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Randman
Oh geez....someone had the extra large Big Gulp of Kool Aid....
No ****, Mav! The Bammer didn't have a thing to do with it. Even he isn't dumb enough to bet against Navy Seals.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Back Marker

aka Yamadog is on a distinguished road
Damn right! I forget... who is the commander in chief of said navy which killed the bastard pirates and saved the american...? Was it bush? The guy who sat like a jackass for 45 minutes reading to children when he was told america was ACTUALLY attacked? Or was it somebody else... oh right the new guy you guys all hate so much showed how much ***** he has and saved the day... weird. It's gonna be a good EIGHT years.
I'm not really impressed so far. Granted, the pirate show is just a side show and there are many MORE menacing issues out there. I give Obama a C so far. But he has the intelligence to think for himself and I do think he does value his own opinion enough to stand and fight. I so want our friends and foes to witness The United States negotiate fairly and quietly and then BUST SOME *** when that fails. Actions speak loudly.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by nuhawk
No ****, Mav! The Bammer didn't have a thing to do with it. Even he isn't dumb enough to bet against Navy Seals.
Oh I get it, when the military he's in charge of doesn't act, it's his fault... but when they do he had nothing to do with it. Gotcha.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Back Marker

aka Yamadog is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=4753

Pelosi Calls For Gun Registration,
Opposes D.C. Gun Reform Legislation.

I like this woman about as much as I like dogshit.
I like DOGSHIT much better than Pelosi...I fockin love DOGSHIT
Old 04-12-2009, 04:14 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Oh I get it, when the military he's in charge of doesn't act, it's his fault... but when they do he had nothing to do with it. Gotcha.
The military went about placing assets for a confrontation days before his sign off was requested. Very Presidential stuff. Navy gets it done!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Just so that you know, the information was sketchy. I was UNDERWAY. I was the FIRST person onboard my ship to receive info about 9/11, and the info was so sketchy my Captain didn't know what was happening. It took several more messages.

Watch the videos, hell, they could hardly believe what was happening.

So let's see, 45 minutes vs. how many days?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Maverick;

That's actually pretty much true regardless of who is President. Of course judging "didn't act" depends on whether they're waiting for a White House green light.

The Navy doesn't need the President to show them how to get a ship on station, the SEALS don't need advice on putting bullets through skulls.

He either says yes and lets them do their job or he doesn't and things drag on and maybe go bad.

I'm glad he gave the go, glad the American captain is fine and glad the pirates are dead. All's well that ends well.

And not to belittle the decision, but this wasn't signing off on MacArthur hitting Inchon on the high tide. This was three shitbirds and hostage in a lifeboat.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Squid

usmc7051 is on a distinguished road
Wait wait wait, so sitting there and finishing the story to the kids instead of freaking the **** out and storming out of the class room shouting orders while not having all of the information would be the "Presidential" thing to do right? I don't see the logic here.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Three hijackers dead, one left alive to stand charges, hostage safe. WTF is anyone complaining about? We're talking about ONE GUY! You don't need to motivate the whole military to react to this. Bush was told that 3,500+ people perished in the 9/11 attack and he stayed in a chair in front children for something like 20 more minutes? Nobody here has any idea what the president and the military did or didn't do. The bad guys are dead, the good guys are fine. The best message has been sent to the pirates. What is everyone still complaining about?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
Bush acted with presidential protocol.
45 minutes is a very short amount of time.

O-mama, credit him for knowing his liabilities. Not acting is less dangerous than acting and facing the consequences.
This doesnt hand Omama any credit, it just exempts him from liability.
in other words, no glory for him, he just didnt get the PR damage he might have faced otherwise.
Not taking risks is no sign of strength or ability of leadership.
Cmon people, you saw this clown administration sitting on their thumbs with no public statements at all, because they had no position at all to make.
At least he could have come forward and appeared to be in charge.
Instead the world sat and wondered if anything at all could be done.

Case in point - O-mama claims the orders were given to act only when the captains life was in danger ...
Wasnt the captains life in danger before the O-mama administration even knew about the hijack attempt?
The captains life was in danger from the 1st minute of the ordeal.
What we hear now is the administration spin cycle spewing out from the previously silent white house. A bunch of politically correct inbred turds. not even hillary had anything of substance to say about it. An epic FAIL.
what they accomplished today could have been done in the 1st 24 hours.
The temperatures in the enclosed lifeboat were near 130 degrees F each day and could have easily have killed any human who was not in great physical shape.
-Washington cheerleaders do the splits and shout-
"Danger danger everywhere , wheres our leader, he aint there !"
Old 04-12-2009, 09:19 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by usmc7051
Wait wait wait, so sitting there and finishing the story to the kids instead of freaking the **** out and storming out of the class room shouting orders while not having all of the information would be the "Presidential" thing to do right? I don't see the logic here.
I agree. Bush's reaction was totally blown out of proportion by the news media. The main priority was to get all the planes out of the air. I personally know a Continental Airlines pilot who was on the taxiway at Newark when he and his copilot saw the smoke coming off the Towers. They were ordered to hold, and watched the Towers collapse. A neighbor of ours, a flight attendant, had her plane ordered to land at the nearest major airport, which happened to be Dallas.

The point is that when an emergency arises, our military doesn't have to wait for the President to tell them that they can wipe their ***. Certain plans are set into operation automatically, based on the situation.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Why is anyone comparing Bush to Obama? Sorry dude, there is no comparison here...oh, and let it go man, Bush is kicked back in Texas enjoying life...Leave him alone...He did his job...He is and always will be a Great American! Period...

Obahhhha ma on the other hand...well, we'll see...He's knocking it out of the park so far (sarcasm)...can't wait to see what **** ups await us in the near future...
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
I score one for Obama giving the green light. Everyone should be happy. We got our hostage back and we got to shoot some bad guys. Looks like the plan for the next EIGHT years is to keep Americans safe.

Just to clarify history:
An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11
http://www.historycommons.org/essay....interestingday

Yeah, Bush, great American there. Oh after 911, don't forget we invaded the wrong country based on lies. I think we are still stuck there. Where is that Osama guy anyway? Wasn't he last seen in Crawford with the rest of the bin Ladin family dining at the ranch? HAHAHA! Great American HAHAHA! stop my side hurts.

Last edited by runrowdy; 04-13-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by runrowdy
I score one for Obama giving the green light. Everyone should be happy. We got our hostage back and we got to shoot some bad guys. Looks like the plan for the next EIGHT years is to keep Americans safe.

Just to clarify history:
An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11
http://www.historycommons.org/essay....interestingday

Yeah, Bush, great American there. Oh after 911, don't forget we invaded the wrong country based on lies. I think we are still stuck there. Where is that Osama guy anyway? Wasn't he last seen in Crawford with the rest of the bin Ladin family dining at the ranch? HAHAHA! Great American HAHAHA! stop my side hurts.

I see we have another Kool Aid Big Gulp drinker...wow...just wow...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Back Marker

Cool-Aid mmmmm. It's better than Ritalin.

Typical Repugnican. Can't address the facts, spin history, and shoot the messenger. (We know repugs like to shoot stuff, just ask Cheney.)

I didn't vote for the President. They didn't let me vote for my choice. Obviously, for most Americans, the choice was clear. Get over it.

Last edited by runrowdy; 04-13-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Superstock

Cool-Aid mmmmm. Try it! It's better than Ritalin.

I didn't vote for the President. They didn't let me vote for my choice. Obviously, for most Americans, the choice was clear. Get over it.
The choice was overwhelmingly clear; a huge majority of intelligent americans were more than fed up with the republican powers... that's why the democrats control congress AND the white house. And speaking of get over it... he's in power because that's what AMERICA wanted. get over it.

Last edited by Randman; 04-13-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Language
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Cool-Aid mmmmm. It's better than Ritalin.

Typical Repugnican. Can't address the facts, spin history, and shoot the messenger. (We know repugs like to shoot stuff, just ask Cheney.)

Choice was clearly colored. When asked why they voted for him, well, most didn't know, they just wanted change. IT WAS NOT AN EDUCATED VOTE. Look that one up.

I'd take a Repugnican who wants to own guns to protect his country, family and self, over some liberal nut crunching tree hugging I won't spank my kids demo-dummy, ANY DAY.

Thanks to this kinder gentler world that we live in, girls are having 2 babies by the time they're 13. HIV/AIDS abounds.

Our God Fearing Forefathers are rolling in their graves.

BTW, kool-aid might taste better, but it's not as effective as Ritalin. Try some Ritalin, you might become more focused and see where NO-bama is taking us.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Why are Liberals such proud morons? At least several of them feel its "greener" to not have kids, so their numbers will hopefully decline...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
It's suprising to see how many of the comments here could be heard with the same vocabulary and demeanor as one would find in a high school hallway. Albeit with more technical info on certain aspects of munitions.

BTW:I drink redbull not Kool-aid or Buttweiser.

Sounds like buttweiser is the choice drink for those toss about the Kool-aid coments. It's a good match since it's flavorless yellow **** that pretends to have something more than it is and makes you think everything is a joke. Many drink it because their daddy did or have been brainwashed by the company to belive that it actually has flavor.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Erik S.
Choice was clearly colored. When asked why they voted for him, well, most didn't know, they just wanted change. IT WAS NOT AN EDUCATED VOTE. Look that one up.

I'd take a Repugnican who wants to own guns to protect his country, family and self, over some liberal nut crunching tree hugging I won't spank my kids demo-dummy, ANY DAY.

Thanks to this kinder gentler world that we live in, girls are having 2 babies by the time they're 13. HIV/AIDS abounds.

Our God Fearing Forefathers are rolling in their graves.

BTW, kool-aid might taste better, but it's not as effective as Ritalin. Try some Ritalin, you might become more focused and see where NO-bama is taking us.

Wow. Where do you live? Glad I live in a normal part of the country not in a Maury Povich re-run.

As for our Forefathers it's obvious Bushie never read a history book. He couldn't have possibly ever heard of Vietnam.

What exact policies did the repugs enact to stem these problems (besides pray and be "unwavering")? We do need to protect our resources and the natural beauty of our nation. All of our waterways are polluted. Shopping malls everywhere you travel. The Park services are broke.

Other problems: More people in jail than any other country in the world due to failed prohibition policies. Unchecked nuclear proliferation. Immigration reform. Healthcare. Stemcell (no their not killing babies lol), Katrina, Taliban, Higher education costs, etc. etc. on and on.

All the problems we have and we get war in the middle east, the Patriot act, Department of Homeland Security, a devastated economy, oh, and don't forget, a secret corrupt energy policy. Any other major accomplishments from the Repugs in the last EIGHT long years?

I'm unimpressed.

btw: Wasn't it Ritalin that Bushie was hooked on? Oh thats right, it was coke and alchohol. My bad.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_AXf...eature=related

Thanks Obama, for stripping more of our rights away. Now it may become illegal to grow veggies in our own back yard.....

research it : HR 875 and S. 425
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Back Marker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_AXf...eature=related

Thanks Obama, for stripping more of our rights away. Now it may become illegal to grow veggies in our own back yard.....

research it : HR 875 and S. 425
I've heard limited details on this. Way I understand it, It's a big lobbying effort by the countries large growers. It may also close down roadside markets and farmers markets. Hopefully our leaders will actually read these bills and comon sence will prevail unlike the lead ban. Probly not.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Libs use "logic" not common sense.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Back Marker

Damn, I was just trying to be helpful lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Moto Man
It's suprising to see how many of the comments here could be heard with the same vocabulary and demeanor as one would find in a high school hallway. Albeit with more technical info on certain aspects of munitions.

BTW:I drink redbull not Kool-aid or Buttweiser.

Sounds like buttweiser is the choice drink for those toss about the Kool-aid coments. It's a good match since it's flavorless yellow **** that pretends to have something more than it is and makes you think everything is a joke. Many drink it because their daddy did or have been brainwashed by the company to belive that it actually has flavor.

Buttweiser... oh geez, that one is good...

Personally I drink Shiner Bock, a good Texas Brew...or Yuengling, from that eastern state of fools PA... Fat tire, and Bass are also favorites...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Libs use "logic" not common sense.
common sense, not so common is it...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Wow. Where do you live? Glad I live in a normal part of the country not in a Maury Povich re-run.

As for our Forefathers it's obvious Bushie never read a history book. He couldn't have possibly ever heard of Vietnam.

What exact policies did the repugs enact to stem these problems (besides pray and be "unwavering")? We do need to protect our resources and the natural beauty of our nation. All of our waterways are polluted. Shopping malls everywhere you travel. The Park services are broke.

Other problems: More people in jail than any other country in the world due to failed prohibition policies. Unchecked nuclear proliferation. Immigration reform. Healthcare. Stemcell (no their not killing babies lol), Katrina, Taliban, Higher education costs, etc. etc. on and on.

All the problems we have and we get war in the middle east, the Patriot act, Department of Homeland Security, a devastated economy, oh, and don't forget, a secret corrupt energy policy. Any other major accomplishments from the Repugs in the last EIGHT long years?

I'm unimpressed.

btw: Wasn't it Ritalin that Bushie was hooked on? Oh thats right, it was coke and alchohol. My bad.

Is that going to continue to be your weak *** argument for the next four years? Bush this Bush that? wow, get over yourself man...LOL...

We can go back further than Bush to find where the bulk of these problems began...why don't you try reading a history book...oh wait, the libs control most of the sudo facts that are in the school books, and the teachers teaching them..nevermind..it would be a waste of time...All hail king Arabama...