Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Where's Obama?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Stop using all the oxygen just too see your own breath everybody. Not defending anyone!

"All your cryin don't do no good
Come on up to the house
Come down off the cross
We can use the wood
You gotta come on up to the house....
And your singin lead soprano
In a junkman's choir
You gotta come on up to the house...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GugzLSbOQE

- Tom Waits

Last edited by Moto Man; 04-09-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Squid

Gtrain00 is on a distinguished road
This is one of those threads you just gotta love to read.

But i agree with VTRsurfer. You may not have the right to blame Obama ( not saying that he is), but to a certain extent he is responsible, Especially in his response to a situation like this.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:22 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
I jumped back up to the original post. NO BLAME ASSESSED. Just questioning. Where is he, where is his response? The sarcasm was why isn't he taking advantage of this media possibility?

The follow on posts assumed Obama bashing.

Great to see that we can access the internet, but we can't read what is written before us.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Squid

Gtrain00 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
Way to show your own ignorance. If he is on Air Force One, he has more communication power than some small countries. Press, yep, there are a limited amount of seats on AF1 for members of the Press. He could issue his own Press Release concerning the event.

That is what people are wanting to know. Where is his press release? Does he intend to allow the Piracy to happen Ships flying American flags. The sinking of a ship with American passengers was all it took to get us into WWII.

If Obama is not bad in your opinion, what has he done that is worthwhile?

I am still waiting for someone to answer that last question. It is obvious by now that Obama has done little ,to nothing of what he said he would do. Barely a week after his inauguration he took his campaign promises off his website, who would do that. Someone please tell me why people get so excited about the unknown, there absolutely no guarantee of Obama's success and unfortunately, like stated before in this thread things can very well get worse than the Bush admin and i believe we will all be witness to that in the next 4-8 years to come.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
definitely run.
do NOT open these posts.
you will hate them.
You will question why you ride a SH.

When I don't have enough frustration in my day, I read these things. Its my stress test - and its political affiliation neutral - it pisses all sides off. Crazy stuff - now we are trying to document what Obama has done for us in the 10 weeks since taking office. Because we like our quick fixes and this stuff if so simple to begin with and just needs a tweek or two. Lazy bastard. I'm guessing a lot of the time he is just sitting around thinking of how to **** off the guys over at superhawkforum or buying clothes
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
A warship was despatched immediately to the scene and another is on the way. Looks like Hillary is handling this one. That is Her job. Touchy situation with the hero captain taken hostage. Interesting watching this unfold.

The only thing I can give Obama credit for so far is his positive attitude and his willingness to try. No, I don’t agree with everything He says, but I don’t agree with anyone 100%. I am willing to give the guy a fair chance before I judge how things are going to go. The Bush /Cheney administration had me so depressed with their deceit, corruption, and general sleaziness. At least we have Hope not a Dope.

Why did I get into this???? (slaps forehead)
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by runrowdy
A warship was despatched immediately to the scene and another is on the way. Looks like Hillary is handling this one. That is Her job. Touchy situation with the hero captain taken hostage. Interesting watching this unfold.

The only thing I can give Obama credit for so far is his positive attitude and his willingness to try. No, I don`t agree with everything He says, but I don`t agree with anyone 100%. I am willing to give the guy a fair chance before I judge how things are going to go. The Bush /Cheney administration had me so depressed with their deceit, corruption, and general sleaziness. At least we have Hope not a Dope.

Why did I get into this???? (slaps forehead)

Up with Hope... Down with Dope. LOL
Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Obama is an ******* that thinks he's Robinhood in the flesh. He punishes and vilifies the successful and wealthy, while coddling dumb ***** that can't read the fine print and buy **** they can't afford. He is doing his best to disarm the population, while causing the biggest gun sales spike in history(yay!). I could go on and on about how much I dislike him. I just hate the Liberal mentality in general. I'm a loud and proud gun clinging conservative.

Most importantly though, we ALL love Superhawks!
Attached Thumbnails Where's Obama?-image013.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Moto Man
Stop using all the oxygen just too see your own breath everybody. Not defending anyone!

"All your cryin don't do no good
Come on up to the house
Come down off the cross
We can use the wood
You gotta come on up to the house....
And your singin lead soprano
In a junkman's choir
You gotta come on up to the house...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GugzLSbOQE

- Tom Waits
All Right! That's from "Mule Variations", Great CD! One of my favorites...but I can only play it when my wife is not home.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
You know the last dumb *** had 4 years to screw up... You should really give Obama more than 10 weeks to get it right... Or wrong whatever happens...

Saying he hasn't done anything is darn right stupid... You guys name one previous president that in 10 weeks managed to get all his campaign promises done... or even two of them will do... Or better yet... Name one that managed more than half of them during his elected period... That list isn't short... it's non-existing...

Some of his decisions have been outright stupid... But so far I'd say he's done better than his predecessor... Not that it's a hard task...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
MotoGP

I jumped back up to the original post. NO BLAME ASSESSED. Just questioning. Where is he, where is his response? The sarcasm was why isn't he taking advantage of this media possibility?

The follow on posts assumed Obama bashing.

Great to see that we can access the internet, but we can't read what is written before us.
+ the sound of crickets chirping.

Eric, I have to add that I'm glad that you and a few others get the intent of this thread.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 04-09-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
definitely run.
do NOT open these posts.
you will hate them.
You will question why you ride a SH.

I don't even know your political stance, but just your questioning ragging on a new democratic president without simply just piling on implies you will not like these threads and that you may actually think about politics rather than reacting on a lower brainstem function to guide yourself. I can only barely resist opening these threads or responding most of the time. I'm always sorry I do. But I'm waiting for my PC to transfer files and I'm desparate!
Stick to the MC threads and this is the best board on the internet by far, with great guys willing to help at almsot any opportunity. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of being neighbors, close friends or even knowing each other well enough to tolerate our intolerances, and these threads lends themselves to hyperbole.

I feel your pain. I wince at ridiculous posts all the time. I like these people, and I want to keep my mouth shut so I try to avoid these threads too... Obviously I sometimes succumb...
Old 04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Squid

usmc7051 is on a distinguished road
About Obama being "loved" by the troops in Iraq.... Have you ever heard of anyone not being "loved" in Iraq. When I was there I was happy to see anyone that wasn't wearing a uniform. Met all kinds of celebrities over there on USO tours and Cheney even came and said hi.

I'm not a fan of Obama personally, but as a sailor you should realize how much you're censored and briefed before you'd see such a figure as the commander in chief, I know we were before we saw Cheney.

My point being.... Saying that he was "loved" by the troops is bs, he could have been half naked smoking a joint and denouncing America and the press would still say he was welcomed warmly and "loved" by the troops because that is what they are told to do.

Oh, I'm a Marine btw, from Georgia, and I support most Republicans, each means I'm uneducated right?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by usmc7051
Oh, I'm a Marine btw, from Georgia, and I support most Republicans, each means I'm uneducated right?
Nope that just means your education was a sorta "jarring" process . We have plenty of under-educated folks in every part of this fine nation, in every party, and in every branch of the military, and everywhere else. I'll bet we have more here in California than you do in Georgia.

Last edited by Moto Man; 04-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Back Marker

RymerC
Don't worry guys. You can talk all the **** you want to, it's your American right. Please don't forget about those who secured those rights with their bullets and their blood, and those who are ready to defend them.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Back Marker

RymerC
Oh yeah, and Obama needs to quite being a puss and "man up" as they say. Jesus, has this guy ever had *****?

1. Iran
2. North Korea
3. Russia
4. Pirates
etc.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by usmc7051
About Obama being "loved" by the troops in Iraq.... Have you ever heard of anyone not being "loved" in Iraq. When I was there I was happy to see anyone that wasn't wearing a uniform. Met all kinds of celebrities over there on USO tours and Cheney even came and said hi.

I'm not a fan of Obama personally, but as a sailor you should realize how much you're censored and briefed before you'd see such a figure as the commander in chief, I know we were before we saw Cheney.

My point being.... Saying that he was "loved" by the troops is bs, he could have been half naked smoking a joint and denouncing America and the press would still say he was welcomed warmly and "loved" by the troops because that is what they are told to do.

Damn straight. I've got a half dozen riding/shooting USMC buddies who have done a tour in Iraq. None of them really give a **** about Iraq or Iraqis, none of them voted for or give a **** for Obama.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Back Marker

RymerC
Originally Posted by RK1
Damn straight. I've got a half dozen riding/shooting USMC buddies who have done a tour in Iraq. None of them really give a **** about Iraq or Iraqis, none of them voted for or give a **** for Obama.
I'd be extremely interested to find out what percentage of servicemen who put their lives in harms way vote democrat. While Obama is enjoying his new position, McCain is revisiting the prison he spent 5 years at after being shot down in Vietnam. Boy did we get this one wrong.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Superstock

Way to show your own ignorance. If he is on Air Force One, he has more communication power than some small countries. Press, yep, there are a limited amount of seats on AF1 for members of the Press. He could issue his own Press Release concerning the event.

That is what people are wanting to know. Where is his press release? Does he intend to allow the Piracy to happen Ships flying American flags. The sinking of a ship with American passengers was all it took to get us into WWII.

If Obama is not bad in your opinion, what has he done that is worthwhile?
I REALLY don't want to get into any sort of arguement, so I will be very polite and I hope you all will do the same. But the bombing on pearl harbor was a little more than the "sinking of a ship with American passengers"... And I hardly a think a delayed press conference means he "intend(s) to allow the Piracy to happen Ships flying American flags"... I'm positive if there is anything that can be done he's doing it. If he choses not to give attention to some pirate so be it. Not the end of the world.

And "
If Obama is not bad in your opinion, what has he done that is worthwhile?"

Well he's done many things so far, even though it's only been about 11 weeks IIRC... He lifted the idiotic ban on stem cell research, is closing the completely inhumane guantanamo bay... he is pulling troops out if iraq whom never should have been sent there in the first place... he is being rightfully stern with gm and chrysler... (if they can't make a reliable, quality product for cheap then they should go under and let somebody else who can do it dominate the market). In my opinion he's done far more in his first few months than bush ever did for anybody. Bush took a record surplus and turned it into a record deficit...
Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

The closing of Gitmo is a publicity stunt. It is being moved, with everyone in it, to Afghanistan. It serves a function that can't be lost. By moving over there, the prisoners are also being moved far away from the press and legal attention. This is fact.

I don't understand why we shouldn't be in Iraq?? Just think how pissed China, Iran, Russia and friends are that we have major military installations near-by should they act up. The reason we went there in the first place is plain as day, on any world map. IMHO.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maverick
But the bombing on pearl harbor was a little more than the "sinking of a ship with American passengers"...
I believe the "ship with American passengers" that he's refering to is the Lusitania, which was sunk by a German U-boat in 1915...probably a major reason we entered WWI...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by oahu hawk
I believe the "ship with American passengers" that he's refering to is the Lusitania, which was sunk by a German U-boat in 1915...probably a major reason we entered WWI...
lol that does make more sense...
Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
MotoGP

I'm still waiting for the press conference.........I guess the teleprompter is broken.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Superstock

I just don't understand why you think he has to tell YOU how he feels about every unfortunate, but minor issue in the world. It's not like Bush announced it when he decided to **** all over the constitution and illegally tap our phones... He can't have a press release every ten minutes. And I know Bush was probably too busy clearing bush for that press conference
Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 PM
MotoGP

The first takeover of an American ship by pirates since 1804 seems rather important to me.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
You know the last Great American President had 8 years of keeping us safe... You should really tell Obama to go to hell!

Saying he hasn't done anything is darn correct... He has no *****, they are non-existing...

Some of his decisions have been outright stupid... he is a moron... Not that it's a hard task...

Fixed it for ya
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I REALLY don't want to get into any sort of arguement, so I will be very polite and I hope you all will do the same. But the bombing on pearl harbor was a little more than the "sinking of a ship with American passengers"... And I hardly a think a delayed press conference means he "intend(s) to allow the Piracy to happen Ships flying American flags"... I'm positive if there is anything that can be done he's doing it. If he choses not to give attention to some pirate so be it. Not the end of the world.

And "
If Obama is not bad in your opinion, what has he done that is worthwhile?"

Well he's done many things so far, Blah, blah, blah, blah...blah, blah

In my opinion, well, I really don't kow what the hell I am talking about..

Yawn** oh, were you talking?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I just don't understand why you think he has to tell YOU how he feels about every unfortunate, but minor issue in the world. It's not like Bush announced it when he decided to **** all over the constitution and illegally tap our phones... He can't have a press release every ten minutes. And I know Bush was probably too busy clearing bush for that press conference

Not only has Obama reinstated the patriot act, he has "improved" it so now you have no chance of suing the government even if they were wrong to tap you in the first place...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Randman
Yawn** oh, were you talking?
Clever and witty as always. Like I said, I like you guys, even if our politics are completely different, we're here because we all love the superchicken. So I'm going to back out of this one. I just want to be friends! lol
Old 04-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I'm still waiting for the press conference.........I guess the teleprompter is broken.
A reporter who was standing nearby said, “From the demeanor of the President, grinning at the children, it appeared that the enormity of what he had been told was taking a while to sink in.”

Maybe Obama is still in the second grade classroom doing a photo-op.

Quick Reply: Where's Obama?