Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

The San Diego Police are 0-for-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
The San Diego Police are 0-for-2

#1: Yesterday on my way to the bike shop, I'm waiting at an intersection, SD Police car sitting there on the left. Light turns green, and this other guy doesn't yield, turns left in front of me, and just about runs me over.

So I jam on the brakes and lay on the horn as obnoxiously as I can. I was tempted to kick his car as he went by.

Police car just continues through the intersection, doesn't bother following him.

#2: A few months ago, different intersection, I watch a guy plow straight through an intersection when the left turn arrow turns green. The cars turning left from the opposite side have to stop/swerve around him. Cop was sitting in the lane next to him. Must've been in the middle of a good donut, because he didn't budge.

The police don't care about your safety, they fail to pursue wreckless innattentive drivers, yet they'll ticket you for doing 80mph on an empty freeway.

Really makes me proud to be a taxpayer.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Well, I can say Corona PD are 1 for 1
About a week ago, I'm across an intersection from a Corona PD officer on a bike, Both of us are in left hand turn lanes. He doesn't have his signal on of course, but I digress..
As I'm waiting for the light to change, I wonder to myself if someone will run the red light @ this intersection, as they often do. Sure enough, some sap in a RAV4 runs the red going...and the Corona PD officer hit his lights/siren right away and went after him!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
The police don't care about your safety, they fail to pursue wreckless innattentive drivers, yet they'll ticket you for doing 80mph on an empty freeway.

Really makes me proud to be a taxpayer.
Good point. It's like the system specializes in using advanced technology to catch people running a bit over the speed limit, regardless of how safely it's done, but too often ignores much more unsafe & wreckless behavior in plain sight.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
I completely agree that the police are not out for anyone's safety and are usually too involved with their cell phone and computers to pay attention to the idiots around them.

In their defense though the officers in question could have been off duty or on their way to court, hell they could have been going to the grocery store for milk. Many localities allow their officers to use their vehicles off duty just to increase the "presence". Unfortunately they are humans too and don't give a F*** about anyone else unless they are getting paid to do it, after all, it's just a job.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
SuperSport

Yeah, laziness I could at least understand, but they just don't care.

Right now there's a cop at the end of the street of the industrial complex where I work, all the street racers and stunt riders like to play here.

He's in plain sight. So I guess he really doesn't want to catch anyone, he just wants to take a nap.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 12-05-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
SuperSport

And while I'm ranting...

Does Ford remove the turn signals from the police cars before selling them? Because I can't recall ever seeing a cop use one.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
cops in my little town of about 3,500 are the best. i mean they are really down to earth peaple and i have known most for years.i once stomped a mans head into hamburger meat in his own store for molesting a little 10 year old girl and the cops did a investigation. after they had found out she wasnt the first and he had a record of such i faced zero charges. the cop on the case even told me he would take his badge and shove it if i did any time. turned out there just wasnt enough evidence against me to press charges. and as long as your not blowing lights or wheeling through town your golden. ive been here since 92 and not one ticket. sorry i love and support my local cops just had to get that out lol.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
And while I'm ranting...

Does Ford remove the turn signals from the police cars before selling them? Because I can't recall ever seeing a cop use one.
they don't have to signal, cause no one will give them a ticket...
Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Its part of the "police interceptor" package... LOL

And while I'm ranting...

Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cameron
cops in my little town of about 3,500 are the best. i mean they are really down to earth peaple and i have known most for years.i once stomped a mans head into hamburger meat in his own store for molesting a little 10 year old girl and the cops did a investigation. after they had found out she wasnt the first and he had a record of such i faced zero charges. the cop on the case even told me he would take his badge and shove it if i did any time. turned out there just wasnt enough evidence against me to press charges. and as long as your not blowing lights or wheeling through town your golden. ive been here since 92 and not one ticket. sorry i love and support my local cops just had to get that out lol.
damn, where do you live, I gotta move!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Yeah, just sit there with the radar gun.....EASY MONEY!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by oahu hawk
they don't have to signal, cause no one will give them a ticket...
oahu hawk, you might know of this one. A young woman from San Clemente who was going to school in Hawaii, was killed in a traffic accident on Oahu several years ago. She was run into by a local cop. He was not tested for blood alcohol level until 12 HOURS LATER!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
oahu hawk, you might know of this one. A young woman from San Clemente who was going to school in Hawaii, was killed in a traffic accident on Oahu several years ago. She was run into by a local cop. He was not tested for blood alcohol level until 12 HOURS LATER!
yep, well known case...he blew a red light and hit her, I believe he still had a high alcohol level when they did test him...his fellow cops had been covering up for him for years...in one instance, he was found passed out in a stranger's home...
Old 12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
SuperSport

If that happened at my place, I'd give him a ride home and wouldn't leave until I got my get outta jail free card from him.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:19 PM
MotoGP

The girl who died was the best friend of the daughter of some friends of our's.

On a lighter note....Hey oahu hawk, one more post and you will no longer be a squid.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 12-05-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

The girl who died was the best friend of the daughter of some friends of our's.

On a lighter note....Hey oahu hawk, one more post and you will no longer be a squid.
cool...
Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Didn't know that 100 posts gets you out of Squidom - I will have to work on that
Hey I just want to point out that cops are employees. Made up of people from our communities. I have had my share of tickets too and sometime it seems like circumstances aren't fair, but they are individual people, just like us. Good days and bad days. In that profession the bad days can be REALLY bad. Also good guys and ******** just like where any of us work and live
Point is, there is no CONSPIRACY. DON'T give in to THEM and THEY. I have gotten out of my share of tickets too. How? by remembering the cop is a person too. Treat them with the same dignity you would expect and you'll be suprised just how many "second" chances you may be given.
Finally, see a cop do something really stupid or dangerous? Note the number on his car its only 3 or 4 digits. Even with all the short term memory loss I have I can do that. Call it in. He has a supervisor too, they are in the business of community service. If the sergeant has to speak to him a few times the behaviour will improve or they will be out.

I guess I am lucky. My best friend was a NYS Trooper for many years. He taught me just how to deal with the police. Probably why I'm not in jail now!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Stevebis1
Treat them with the same dignity you would expect and you'll be suprised just how many "second" chances you may be given.
Finally, see a cop do something really stupid or dangerous? Note the number on his car its only 3 or 4 digits. Even with all the short term memory loss I have I can do that. Call it in. He has a supervisor too, they are in the business of community service. If the sergeant has to speak to him a few times the behaviour will improve or they will be out.
Hey, I have the highest respect for cops. In my 46 years of licensed driving I've had experiences with ******** and nice, fair minded guys. I've been let off several times when I was clearly in violation of the law. I've also had cops single me out for the type of vehicle I was driving, or for having surfboards on top.

But report a cop to their supervisor, I don't think so. Not in these days of caller ID.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Yea, I know it's fun to bash the cops, but it really is like anything else. I tell people all the time "all walks of life have their ********, we're no different". Hell, I know and have seen plenty of ******* M/C riders over the years, the ones that give the rest of us a bad rep, but when I meet someone who rides, I'm still gonna assume they're ok until they show me otherwise.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
SuperSport

Nobody said anything about getting out of tickets. Although if you were doing something dangerous and got caught, but got no ticket, that doesn't mean the cop is a good guy, it means he's incompetent.

My post was about cops failing to ticket dangerous drivers that are doing stupid things right under their nose. Call it bashing if you want, but I've yet to see a cop bust someone in those circumstances.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
But report a cop to their supervisor, I don't think so. Not in these days of caller ID.

*67 is a wonderful thing to dial before a number, it blocks your number from caller ID, or some cell phones will block the outgoing caller ID.

But, from the other side, if you don't have the wherewithal to complain and let them know who is complaining, then don't complain at all, not even here. It's like voting, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain since you didn't try to change the situation.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
SuperBike

Yes, I agree with not just generally bashing the police. But the "we", "they" thing is easy to get into because we are hoping to avoid them & they are trying to catch us.

But it's not their fault that the system is skewed to punish speed violations, regardless of safety. Double yellow passing is the same deal. The double yellow no passing zones are geared to the capabilities of automobiles rather than motorcycles. It's frustrating having to stay behind slow moving vehicles when you know it's perfectly safe to pass.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Although if you were doing something dangerous and got caught, but got no ticket, that doesn't mean the cop is a good guy, it means he's incompetent.
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
But it's not their fault that the system is skewed to punish speed violations, regardless of safety. Double yellow passing is the same deal. The double yellow no passing zones are geared to the capabilities of automobiles rather than motorcycles. It's frustrating having to stay behind slow moving vehicles when you know it's perfectly safe to pass.
Well, what is legal or not usually has no bearing on what is safe or dangerous... I have done a whole lot of things that could have earned me several tickets and walked away with a stern warning not to do that... And I have done several things that where a whole lot more dangerous, that was perfectly legal... A good cop knows that difference...

Altough I'm probably an oddball... I go waay above the speedlimit on occassion, but I choose to do that and if stopped it will have consequences... again I choose to speed so I accept that... I may not like it... but I'll accept it...

I have been accused of running twice... And at both times my response was, "IF I had been running, you would not have caught up..."
Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Tweety
I have been accused of running twice... And at both times my response was, "IF I had been running, you would not have caught up..."
Gotta remember that one.

In VA, once they've got you on radar you will get ticketed in my experience. One state trooper did let me make the choice between a write up for expired license plate (1 day over) and a speeding ticket.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The one time I wasn't even aware the cop was behind me, "chasing"... Yeah, he was that close... My bike is loud, but If I can't hear the siren, he's way back... I stopped at a red light and he comes shooting past and blocks of most of the intersection, me sitting there hand on my knee waiting for green light, just looking at him... "WTF!"

The other time I chose to not stop on a narrow and twisty road where the trucks go habitualy above the speed limit with blind corners, and I stopped at the rest stop about 800m ahead, I think it was two corners up the road... I slowed, signaled with my hand and slowly made my way there... If that's considered "running"... yeah, well...