Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Obamageddon!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:18 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
I too hate liberals with every bit of my being.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:02 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
It's not just liberals or conservatives, evangelicals or atheists. I hate stupid people, but I like you.

nath981, I'm tragically funny.
I try not to hate anyone cause it's harder on me.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
With a little help from Fox News, I now know who Barak Obama resembles most. It's Chauncey Gardener from the movie "Being There", based on the book of the same name by Jerzy Kosinski.

If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, you don't know what I'm talking about, but the character of Chauncey Gardener was a very "simple" man who was elevated to the highest level of incompetence (the peter principle) by a very naive, and stupid, public and a Media hungry for a hero figure.

The only difference between Obama and Chauncey Gardener is that "Chance, the gardener" was an innocent, and Obama is anything but innocent.

We are living "Being There" right now!

By the way, the Fox News connection is a woman, a guest on O'Reilly, who equated Obama to "Being There". Great movie, starring Peter Sellers and Shirley Maclaine.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 12-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Just remember, at the end of Being There, Chauncey walked on water...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Gregw
Just remember, at the end of Being There, Chauncey walked on water...
just remember, the last guy that walked on water was crucified.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Maybe we can just skip the water walking thing and go straight to the crucifixion.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
Maybe we can just skip the water walking thing and go straight to the crucifixion.
No ****! I'm not sure we can derail this dipstick's version of what this country should become before he buries us in the international community.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
MotoGP

Well, he's got Norway pissed off now.

He refused an invitation to have lunch with the King of Norway while he was there receiving his "Prize".

But I don't know if that tops his gift to the Queen of England of an iPod filled with all of his speeches. Oh, and that's in addition to returning a bust of Winston Churchill to England. The bust was on loan to the White House, given to George W Bush after 9/11, and resided in the Oval Office. When Obama was asked if he would like to keep the bust for another 4 years, he said "thanks, but no thanks".

And the White House Christmas Tree located in the Blue Room inside "Obama's House" has an ornament with the image of Chairman Mao Tse Tung on it.
Go to biggovernment.com to view it.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 12-23-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

http://www.examiner.com/x-3704-Colum...al-policestate

In the dead of night on December 17, 2009, President Barack Hussein Obama placed the United States of America under the authority of the international police organization known as INTERPOL, granting the organization full immunity to operate within the United States.

According to Threatswatch:
Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order "Amending Executive Order 12425." It grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity afforded to foreign embassies and select other "International Organizations" as set forth in the United States International Organizations Immunities Act of 1945.
By removing language from President Reagan's 1983 Executive Order 12425, this international law enforcement body now operates - now operates - on American soil beyond the reach of our own top law enforcement arm, the FBI, and is immune from Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...ve-order-12425

What, exactly does this mean? It means that INTERPOL now has the full authority to conduct investigations and other law enforcement activities on U.S. soil, with full immunity from U.S. laws such as the Freedom of Information Act and with complete independence from oversight from the FBI.
In short, a global law enforcement entity now has full law-enforcement authority in the U.S. without any check on its power afforded by U.S. law and U.S. law enforcement agencies.
A bit of background is in order here, and Hot Air provides it:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/2...w-enforcement/
During his presidency, Ronald Reagan granted the global police agency Interpol the status of diplomatic personnel in order to engage more constructively on international law enforcement. In Executive Order 12425, Reagan made two exceptions to that status. The first had to do with taxation, but the second was to make sure that Interpol had the same accountability for its actions as American law enforcement — namely, they had to produce records when demanded by courts and could not have immunity for their actions.
Barack Obama unexpectedly revoked those exceptions in a change to EO 12425 last (week)...

Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country.
And you beginning to understand now just what the 'end game' is on the part of those who are currently running the U.S. Government?
Let's go a step further in fleshing out exactly what this means in practical terms. It gets ugly...and scary. Again, from ThreatsWatch:

Section 2c of the United States International Organizations Immunities Act is the crucial piece.
Property and assets of international organizations, wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall be immune from search, unless such immunity be expressly waived, and from confiscation. The archives of international organizations shall be inviolable. (Emphasis added.)
Inviolable archives means INTERPOL records are beyond US citizens' Freedom of Information Act requests and from American legal or investigative discovery ("unless such immunity be expressly waived.")
Property and assets being immune from search and confiscation means precisely that. Wherever they may be in the United States. This could conceivably include human assets - Americans arrested on our soil by INTERPOL officers.

Why would INTERPOL be arresting American citizens on our own soil, without oversight from our own law enforcement agencies? And remember, citizens who are thusly arrested would have no legal authority to demand full documentation from the International Police concerning the charges brought against them.
Andy McCarthy at National Review asks these crucial, sobering questions of the secretive Obama order:

Why would we elevate an international police force above American law?Why would we immunize an international police force from the limitations that constrain the FBI and other American law-enforcement agencies?Why is it suddenly necessary to have, within the Justice Department, a repository for stashing government files which, therefore, will be beyond the ability of Congress, American law-enforcement, the media, and the American people to scrutinize?
At least one answer to these questions is very clear. A coup is underway in the United States of America, the goal of which is to establish complete, unquestioned authority over the citizens--a 'fundamental change' to the United States where citizens have no legal recourse against an authoritarian central government.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
MotoGP

Way to go shizzy.

Obama does not want to be President of the United States of America, he wants to be President of the World. He has tried to undermine our rights under the Constitution in so many ways.

This action can no doubt be reversed, but we need a change of power to do so. The first step in that change of power will be in November of this year.

This guy is so corrupt it isn't funny. Look at all the questionable people he has appointed to his staff. Some even have ties to Communists. His wife has 22 personal assistants, and we are paying for them. What the hell does she use them for, buying her clothes? Laura Bush, who was much more classy, had one assistant.

And when a plane almost goes down over Detroit, he just keeps golfing, and DOESN'T SAY A WORD FOR 3 DAYS!!!! Bush would have been crucified for that.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
MotoGP

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Way to go shizzy.
His wife has 22 personal assistants, and we are paying for them. What the hell does she use them for, buying her clothes? Laura Bush, who was much more classy, had one assistant.
This is not true. And not a big deal on its own, but it makes me question your other sources.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp
Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I copy and pasted an E-mail. I didn't write all that colorful crap! he he.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:39 AM
MotoGP

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Sorry VTR. too little too late. ain't gonna happen. An america that elects Bush twice and is stupid enough to put O'bama in is beyond help. There is no hope when a dumbed down electorate puts officials in office term after term when it's common knowledge that they are indebted to and abide by those who finance their campaigns, not to those who voted them into office. When the media is no longer an accountability factor, but merely corporations with agendas geared to protect and promote their owners' interests, dummies are brainwashed and become unsuspecting partners to the corruption.

There is no reason to vote as long as there is campaign financing, lobbyists controlling elected officials, a revolving door modus operandi, controlled media, bureaucracies unable to be changed, and an electorate more enamored of political correctness than of separating right from wrong. Voting in is an insult to your intelligence because it subscribes you to this corruption in a way that says that you believe that what is happening is okay and that politicians actually have your interests in mind when they vote, ha ha.

the American electorate is not merely napping, it's in a coma. Lights Out!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
This is not true. And not a big deal on its own, but it makes me question your other sources.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp
Well Michelle Obama's assistants was just a talking point anyway, but really, how many assistants does a first lady need?

More importantly, Obama is doing his best to bring down this country.

He's pushing a health care bill that the people don't want and that will not be able to sustain itself as written. ie: Many will just pay the penalty for years until they have a big medical problem, then benefit from the program immediately after joining.

He pushed "Cap and Tax" in Copenhagen while everyone in Denmark was freezing their butts off. Plus most delegates flew in on private jets and drove around in limos.

And to top it off. Today the "Panty Bomber" was pled "not guilty". This guy was on fire!!! Okay, I know how our justice system works, but should this guy really be given all the legal rights of an American Citizen? This means a lengthy trial and multiple appeals, all of which will be paid for by you and me. And before anyone brings it up, yes I know the "Shoe Bomber" got the same rights.

Oh, EXCUSE ME! I should have said "The Alleged Panty Bomber". I don't want to be the cause of a mistrial.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
SuperSport

He's pushing a health care bill that the people don't want and that will not be able to sustain itself as written.
I don't think that's true anymore either. Not that popular opinion is in any way a litmus test for what's good or bad policy.

If Obama drew up a law where everyone making over $1M had to give everyone else all their cash, the majority would probably like that too.

But yeah, anyone who voted for change, is getting it in spades.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
I don't think that's true anymore either. Not that popular opinion is in any way a litmus test for what's good or bad policy.

If Obama drew up a law where everyone making over $1M had to give everyone else all their cash, the majority would probably like that too.

But yeah, anyone who voted for change, is getting it in spades.
Latest (Dec. 30 '09)Rasmussen poll on Obamacare;

Support...39%

Oppose... 58%

Strongly Support... 19%

Strongly Oppose... 46%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...den_58_opposed
Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
SuperSport

Well, I guess it depends where you look. Rasmussen is known to be a right-leaning organization. There's plenty of polls showing both ways, but the support for it does seem to have decreased.

EDIT, this shows it pretty well IMO, looks like the scales have finally tipped against it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/4708/healthcare-system.aspx

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 01-08-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
And they worry about us selling guns to each other.

Government is it's own enemy. The bigger they get the less they get done.

After the next strike, the retaliatory strike will be by the people on Washington.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Superstock

spladle160 is on a distinguished road
I keep reading waiting for the post that gives an intelligent thought out plan to fix our great country, until you get one do your best to make it a better place, respect others and shut up.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

enlighten us.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by spladle160
I keep reading waiting for the post that gives an intelligent thought out plan to fix our great country, until you get one do your best to make it a better place, respect others and shut up.
the problem isn't that there is no plan. There is most definitely a plan, and that the plan is being designed and promoted by corporations who have the finances to get it authorized into law so that they can benefit at our expense. Unfortunately,the average citizen doesn't get to have his plan considered.

How do you make it a better place when you have no voice? Win the lottery and get your own lobbying group? I think the "great country" part is figment of your imagination. Those days are long gone. De'Tocqueville was right. I'm just gonna try to get through without losing my skin, but I'm not so naive as to be unaware of these conditions, or to pretend that we're in good shape.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
MotoGP

I do respect others according to the content of their character (MLK jr.).

I pay my taxes, and I helped others get meaningful jobs by teaching Vocational Automotives for 34 years.

If we shut up, we won't recognize this country in 3 more years. When's the next Tea Party?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Hey Dawg, I'll shut up when i get my Obama Cash from the Obama Stash, Yo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA

Last edited by RK1; 01-08-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
3 words dawg...

"alleged panty bomber"
Attached Thumbnails Obamageddon!-islamfail.jpg  
Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
RK1
MotoGP

The Irony Of All Ironies:

Lawyer of Gitmo detainees says they'll likely sue to stay IN Guantanamo!

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/20...uantanamo.html

Ha! You can't make this **** up!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
MotoGP

**** yeah! They're playin' soccer in the sun!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
I HEARTILY ACCEPT the motto, — "That government is best which governs least";(1) and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe, — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient. The objections which have been brought against a standing army, and they are many and weighty, and deserve to prevail, may also at last be brought against a standing government. The standing army is only an arm of the standing government. The government itself, which is only the mode which the people have chosen to execute their will, is equally liable to be abused and perverted before the people can act through it. Witness the present Mexican war,(2) the work of comparatively a few individuals using the standing government as their tool; for, in the outset, the people would not have consented to this measure.
[2] This American government — what is it but a tradition, though a recent one, endeavoring to transmit itself unimpaired to posterity, but each instant losing some of its integrity? It has not the vitality and force of a single living man; for a single man can bend it to his will. It is a sort of wooden gun to the people themselves. But it is not the less necessary for this; for the people must have some complicated machinery or other, and hear its din, to satisfy that idea of government which they have. Governments show thus how successfully men can be imposed on, even impose on themselves, for their own advantage. It is excellent, we must all allow. Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of its way. It does not keep the country free. It does not settle the West. It does not educate. The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way. For government is an expedient by which men would fain succeed in letting one another alone; and, as has been said, when it is most expedient, the governed are most let alone by it. Trade and commerce, if they were not made of India rubber,(3) would never manage to bounce over the obstacles which legislators are continually putting in their way; and, if one were to judge these men wholly by the effects of their actions, and not partly by their intentions, they would deserve to be classed and punished with those mischievous persons who put obstructions on the railroads.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by peterpanic
. The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way. For government is an expedient by which men would fain succeed in letting one another alone; and, as has been said, when it is most expedient, the governed are most let alone by it. Trade and commerce, if they were not made of India rubber,(3) would never manage to bounce over the obstacles which legislators are continually putting in their way; and, if one were to judge these men wholly by the effects of their actions, and not partly by their intentions, they would deserve to be classed and punished with those mischievous persons who put obstructions on the railroads.
"the character inherent in the Amer. people........."

I think the real American character is/has been exposed and it's not pretty. A book could be written but a few thoughts on etiology:
1)People immigrated from Europe, Asia,etc. for manifold reasons.They left their families behind spelling the end of their culture and the end of a meaningful extended family.
2)the new Americans destroyed the native peoples and their way of life through deception, broken agreements and brute force.
3)Gold Rush mentality. Unbridled greed.

not a great way to end up with a great result.

"and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

hands-off gov't has resulted in the present financial meltdown, and now that gov't is owned and operated by the few, the average citizen will increasingly feel the results of the absence of gov't regulation that should have been protecting them. if you want to understand how this can happen, check out mojo

http://motherjones.com/special-repor...bility-deficit

To simplify for brevity: if people are left without controls, laws, gov't., the greedy and aggressive will end up controlling good people who believe in the value of spending time with family, helping those in need, taking only what they need and leaving the rest for others,etc. So what ends up happening is that being a good person eventually results in being manipulated, controlled, and forced into poverty by virtue of the rich greedy aggressive people who are addicted to power, never rest, and subjugate everything and everyone to their pursuits.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nath981
"the character inherent in the Amer. people........."

I think the real American character is/has been exposed and it's not pretty. A book could be written but a few thoughts on etiology:
1)People immigrated from Europe, Asia,etc. for manifold reasons.They left their families behind spelling the end of their culture and the end of a meaningful extended family.
2)the new Americans destroyed the native peoples and their way of life through deception, broken agreements and brute force.
3)Gold Rush mentality. Unbridled greed.

not a great way to end up with a great result.

"and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

hands-off gov't has resulted in the present financial meltdown, and now that gov't is owned and operated by the few, the average citizen will increasingly feel the results of the absence of gov't regulation that should have been protecting them. if you want to understand how this can happen, check out mojo

http://motherjones.com/special-repor...bility-deficit

To simplify for brevity: if people are left without controls, laws, gov't., the greedy and aggressive will end up controlling good people who believe in the value of spending time with family, helping those in need, taking only what they need and leaving the rest for others,etc. So what ends up happening is that being a good person eventually results in being manipulated, controlled, and forced into poverty by virtue of the rich greedy aggressive people who are addicted to power, never rest, and subjugate everything and everyone to their pursuits.
Nath;

You're a good guy with a good heart but your faith in the goodness of the government and its "regulation" is misplaced.

If you and your family owned an "unregulated" bank or mortgage company, would you lend YOUR money to people who had no down payment, no proof of employment let alone proof of sufficient income? Would you lend YOUR money to people who couldn't produce a friggin' social security number and prove they were even legally living in the country? I don't think so.

So how did this happen?

The "regulators", people like Chris "friend of Angelo" Dodd and Barney Fwank, with the able assistance of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and La Raza, threatened the banks with charges of "redlining" and "racism" for refusing to grant loans to people who didn't have a pot to **** in and couldn't even document who the fug they actually were.

They sweetened the threats with a bribe;

They would backstop the bullshit loans with the tax dollars of you, your kids and your grandkids.

Instead of private business paying for they're own blunders or declaring bankruptcy, the government "regulates", the billionaires get bailed out, the political ***** "regulators" get their campaign cash, and YOU and I get to pay for all of it.

Last edited by RK1; 01-10-2010 at 11:03 PM.