Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Joseph Stack......may he rest in peace.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Squid

redmanmbz is on a distinguished road
To bad he didn't start out with good tax accountant. Could have saved him (and others) a lot of trouble!

So, who pays to have the building fixed? Must be us, the still living! What a waste.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Well, like Leona Helmsley said;

"Taxes are for little people"

If you're a Democrat named Charlie Rangel, you can cheat on orders of magnitude more taxes and remain chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.

If you're little Timmy Gietner, Goldman Sach's second favorite little ***-*****, you can cheat and get appointed Secretary of the Treasury by their First FAVORITE *** *****.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup.

that's what happens when the foxes run the hen house.

doesn't matter which party, cause wherever you go, there you are.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
SuperBike

For example:

http://www.thinkbigworksmall.com/myp.../23088/1122822
Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
daaammm! Holy ****! this writing, alledgedly by Joe Stack, expresses many of my own feelings. There is a lot of truth in that short writing and, believe me, i could continue with the "rest of the story". So may i warn you all now, don't , that is do not, get me started.

Bottom line: most people who are pushed into a corner, or who are convinced that they are being trapped with no way to escape are capable of following Joe's lead. And those who deny this are those who haven't yet been the victim of severe and chronic strangulation. When one perceives there is nothing more to lose, look out.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:30 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Ironic, he wanted equity in the way the gov't dealt with him, but couldn't find it in his heart for the people he attacked.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RCVTR
isn't it great to know that we have such a generous gov't. Too bad we can get some of this generosity comin our way huh.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Kendrick
White people can be terrorists too...
That's RIGHT! Pay no attention to Al Quada, The Taliban, Hamas, Hezbulla, the "new" Black Panthers or the Brown "La Raza" Berets.

We need the FedGov to crack down on the Quaker People's Army and the Amish Liberation Front!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
No no no.... we call them "settlers".
Well yeah. But the original "settlers" of the South West were the Mexicans and their Spanish masters. They came from 2000 miles south to slaughter, conquer and enslave the Chumash, the Apache, the Navajo, the Zuni etc.

If you got a dollar for every Native American slaughtered by Anglos, and I got a nickle for every Native American slaughtered by Mexicans, I'd have a hell of a lot more money than you.

Last edited by RK1; 02-23-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Moral: people of all races and religions can be bad.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nath981
isn't it great to know that we have such a generous gov't. Too bad we can get some of this generosity comin our way huh.
Yeah but...

The people who are under water with their mortgages are in homes they could not afford in the first place. Sure, the lenders were predatory and the loans were known to be bad going in by the banks. But the borrowers are ultimately the irresponsible ones, largely due to their own ignorance.

Should we expect them just to be bailed out and the banks to take the loss?
Should the government just let the house of cards collapse?

Congress on both sides of the aisle and governments around the world decided that they should not. But all it ultimately does is kick the can down the road a few more feet. We're screwed. Let's go riding.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
You all know, it is truely sad how we humans , who have only been around for a cpl. thousand years, have come to be the worste thing to happen to this planet? We are supposed to be the smartest but we only destroy ourselves, the animals, the planet itself. sad sad sad. Everyone should sit back and rethink how we are impacting everything around us. I dont agree with how this guy went out, but Im sure damn near all of agree with what he was going through, and how he felt about what our government is doing to us, even though we are just sitting back and letting them do it. I know that I cant stand the direction our country or the whole damn planet is going.
I try to live as quiet as I can, thus the rural town in a rural state, I like quiet, but I hate to be messed with, I have a small 155 acre off road park that I have been trying to get going for about a year now but every step I try to make forward, well you know the story im sure, I guess what I've been trying to say is "Can't we all, just get along?"
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981
daaammm! Holy ****! this writing, alledgedly by Joe Stack, expresses many of my own feelings. There is a lot of truth in that short writing and, believe me, i could continue with the "rest of the story". So may i warn you all now, don't , that is do not, get me started.

Bottom line: most people who are pushed into a corner, or who are convinced that they are being trapped with no way to escape are capable of following Joe's lead. And those who deny this are those who haven't yet been the victim of severe and chronic strangulation. When one perceives there is nothing more to lose, look out.
That's my perception too Nathan. I'm not condoning what he did at all, just the the government doesn't seem to realize the anamosity they create with their actions, and the pressures they put on people. When it happens to someone with a "flaw" in their emotional makeup, then things are bound to happen. There are a lot of people that are not happy with the government, but feel that they have no access to making it change in a constructive way. That's why the fringe elements are so popular.

I'm just happy I'm employed and able to afford to go to the track this weekend.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
MotoGP

I liked Ross Perot but most scoffed at his candidacy because he wasn't young, handsome, not a great speaker, a spitter of stats, charismatic, etc. But when I listened to his methods, I understood what he was saying, because he was a doer, an action type, not a politically correct poser trying to please his special interest campaign supporters. Statements that could rejuvenate this democracy like using computers to referend the population at large to allow the masses to determine their preferences, wants and needs. This would have provided a critical measure of accountability that is no longer viable. We may have had the opportunity to vote en masseon issues like campaign funding, education, social security benefits, wars, spending, etc, and thus point the direction for legislators, justices and other principals in gov't to act accordingly or be removed at election time-something much more akin to a real democracy that brings true meaning to "by the people, for the people" in lieu of by special interests, for special interests.

Most Americans are fools who will never realize what it takes to build and maintain a great country.