Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Does anybody else have this problem????

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
You got it all wrong.

Stopping for a rest and water, TX summer ride, 100+ in the shade.. HER idea to go for a ride

Top of the tallest hill climb, Hollster hills CA, after a day of riding.

First new Bike, first ride.

Hidden Falls, out for an afternoon of riding..

Ya just have to pick um right.. 22 years and still going.... She just told me last night, when i get home I HAVE TO buy a new mustang... she has decided she like driving mine as her DD....., Umm, ok....
You must be very lucky to have the best combination! Most don't have such luck finding that, there for that picture was created, but I for one actually happy that my significant other don't have an interest in bikes, it is my personal space and time for me to enjoy and come back fresh my wife & kids , you get much appreciation to the freedom of the ride this way.
My X was with me all the time and I had enough of that in my life, that's why she's X...!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
You must be very lucky to have the best combination! Most don't have such luck finding that, there for that picture was created, but I for one actually happy that my significant other don't have an interest in bikes, it is my personal space and time for me to enjoy and come back fresh my wife & kids , you get much appreciation to the freedom of the ride this way.
My X was with me all the time and I had enough of that in my life, that's why she's X...!!!
Again, not flaming, just my opinion and experiences.. But for me, and some I hang with.. your position is as off base as the picture.

The like interests do not mean every waking moment are together. It means common interests, language, discussions, and sure at times participation in that activity together. Others times, with no ill feelings apart.

It's all what you make of it..and who yo choose to be your other half.

Choose right and there are no arguments about buying a new part, upgrade, swap. ordering a new tool for the mil. Buying a new set of something from the snap on truck.

Surfing the net looking at looking at tires elicits,,, hey,,, can we try those on my bike, just buy two sets and we will see how they do.

I was told 2 days ago I needed brakes on the Mustang,,,,
might as well get the big breaks you want...Send me the PN and I'll order them for you. Oh and the clutch is just starting to get grabby.. might as well upgrade that as well.. So the light weight flywheel as part of that right?
I know I'm not the only old married dude like this.

I bought her a star sapphire necklace for Christmas.. It's her interest not mine, but the smile, was well worth $500 and worrying if it would make it in shipping from Afghanistan to TX. Dissimilar interest, the the other acknowledges works both ways.

And so goes the marriage seminar for the day.. Sorry, was not trying to be on a soap box.

To each his own, NOW Back to regularly programmed Motorcycle Stuff.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scooter72
Damn. I never thought this topic would be discussed in such depth! I have to say, I can't bitch too bad about my situation. She does support my hobby and she even went her got her bike license when we first met, even though she really has no intention of getting a bike. It's funny though, that she hates riding on the back of the VTR, she says she like my old 600RR way better! Go figure...maybe shes choked that I got rid of it

All kidding aside, shes a great girl and I could never leave her. We are polar opposites and we both can dish it out as well as take it without too many hard feelings. It very well may be the crazy pregnant hormones that are driving her to nag, or the fact that she comes from a family where her father was always doing something and never sitting around, so she expects things should be like that. Shes even admitted it! So from that standpoint, I dont see alot of idle time around the house.

But a strange thing happened this weekend...I was finishing the painting and trimwork from the basement reno that was on my "to do" list when she came down and asked me "what are you gonna do with all your free time when this is done?"

I damn near fell over when I heard that. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a trap or something....maybe my luck has changed for the better this year!

DUH, you are gonna be working on the baby's room. Putting together all kinds of contraptions that kids need to sit in, lay in, bounce in, try to walk in, and then break or outgrow each month.

Yes that was a trap.

You should sell your bike now.

Sarcasm alert
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by General Maximus
DUH, you are gonna be working on the baby's room. Putting together all kinds of contraptions that kids need to sit in, lay in, bounce in, try to walk in, and then break or outgrow each month.

Yes that was a trap.

You should sell your bike now.

Sarcasm alert
I had a good laugh reading that because its so true...shes already been talking about what she wants to do in the baby's room, and it doesnt help that my wife has a fetish for that damn Ikea furniture too, so yes, I will be assembling tons of crap. Luckily my boy is only 18 months, so all the toys and crap are still around.

I did have a feeling in my gut it was a trap

And theres no damn way that I'm selling my bike...like Obi-Wan Kenobi, its my only hope.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by scooter72
I had a good laugh reading that because its so true...shes already been talking about what she wants to do in the baby's room, and it doesnt help that my wife has a fetish for that damn Ikea furniture too, so yes, I will be assembling tons of crap. Luckily my boy is only 18 months, so all the toys and crap are still around.

I did have a feeling in my gut it was a trap

And theres no damn way that I'm selling my bike...like Obi-Wan Kenobi, its my only hope.
LOL Don't give it up, in fact. you can upgrade, like I did for each family member I added a bike. family of four in the house and in the garage!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Again, not flaming, just my opinion and experiences.. But for me, and some I hang with.. your position is as off base as the picture.

The like interests do not mean every waking moment are together. It means common interests, language, discussions, and sure at times participation in that activity together. Others times, with no ill feelings apart.

It's all what you make of it..and who yo choose to be your other half.

Choose right and there are no arguments about buying a new part, upgrade, swap. ordering a new tool for the mil. Buying a new set of something from the snap on truck.

Surfing the net looking at looking at tires elicits,,, hey,,, can we try those on my bike, just buy two sets and we will see how they do.

I was told 2 days ago I needed brakes on the Mustang,,,,

I know I'm not the only old married dude like this.

I bought her a star sapphire necklace for Christmas.. It's her interest not mine, but the smile, was well worth $500 and worrying if it would make it in shipping from Afghanistan to TX. Dissimilar interest, the the other acknowledges works both ways.

And so goes the marriage seminar for the day.. Sorry, was not trying to be on a soap box.

To each his own, NOW Back to regularly programmed Motorcycle Stuff.
The picture may not exactly apply to my case, I just thought it's very funny!
In any case, I'm good where I am as well and we do support each other interests without having to like it and as I said I do like my freedom

On another subject, I hope you coming back home soon from this place where you are, if it's a job or military, it sucks being there! Did that a while ago and know how you miss home!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
LOL Don't give it up, in fact. you can upgrade, like I did for each family member I added a bike. family of four in the house and in the garage!
well i was pretty bad at that point in my life, so bad I can't believe it, I mean like totally out of control. Make you look like preacher Ruv.

Wife/4 kids, work.. 60hrs weekly. Got to a point where I'd ride my Norton to work and every place i could make an excuse to. I'll meet you guys at the family reunion, I'm taking the scenic route.

Yeah every excuse and to WV for skydiving, summit point to road race, local 1/8mi dirt drags and 1/4milers at York and Hagerstown. Not much time for wife and kids, but this married life sure is great. Ain't slowin me down.

Since my usual work times were 8-10am and 6pm to 2am, winter activities like... ski instructor at Blue ****, boxing at the Y, plus more selfish **** stuffed in there, including alcohol, drugs and rock n roll. Since i was a bartender, sometimes these things got intermingled if you know what my i mean.

The wife and kids didn't like it much, sorry, I mean not at all, but they were tolerant. Not that it mattered to me because i was on a mission to who knows where and totally into it like driven.

That is, until one beautiful summer Sunday morn I'll never forget........ heading south on my 62 Norton Atlas turned cafe, euphoric music welling up inside, couple hours south on my way Morgantown to do some skydiving. It don't get no better than this, believe me, it couldn't. Out of nowhere with no warning whatsoever.............boooommm! Something struck me hard, no, not physically like you might think, I mean as in an awakening, sorta. I had this shocker come out of nowhere: OMG! my day off, and I'm leaving the only people in the world who love me. WOW! What an *******! A stupid ****! A selfish bastard am I. This is not gonna happen. How could I have done this?

I turned around and headed north without reservation or doubt. Unbelievable! Sold my bikes, all the racing is over, quit skydiving and just about everything else that was anti-family. My wife and friends thought that i must of hit my head or had an LSD induced personality change. It was an unexplained metamorphic alteration devoid of religious faith, albeit on a Sunday, but that don't signify anything to this diehard agnostic.

Anyway, remained true to my convictions as long as i could hold my breath, which turned out to be approx 8yrs., when I suddenly found myself in a Honda dealership north of Houston signing papers......a beautiful red white and blue leftover 84 1000cc Interceptor with two matching helmets. Didn't have to think about that more than a couple seconds. Put 600 miles on it immediately and back to the dealership for the first service. Freaked the dealer out, said that was the first same day break-in ever, a first for him. The addict is back on the sauce again and hasn't veered off course since.

I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but that's how this ******* behaved under the extreme duress of marriage.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM
SuperBike

Hey Nath, That's not being an *******, it's what defines you! And anybody else who will not give the bikes up because the family wish so.
You come as a package deal love it or not!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Hey Nath, That's not being an *******, it's what defines you! And anybody else who will not give the bikes up because the family wish so.
You come as a package deal love it or not!
haha. As I often say, we're all ********, it's just that some of us don't realize it". We're fallible and living on the fly and making judgments based on limited info, personal experiences/qualifications, etc., so we're prone to ****-ups in the course of fumbling though life's bullshit. It's sort of like an ongoing experiment. Being wrong is not are not as big an issue to me as good intentions, that is, unless you're during brain surgery on me.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to love her, but I had to kill her. I buried her right in the backyard...

Listen tell her to SHUT Up, I'm going to Dominican Republic w/ the boys in 2 months - come on down.