Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Does anybody else have this problem????

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
Does anybody else have this problem????

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me...Does your wife/girlfriend/significant other give you grief for going on the forum??? My wife..love her dearly, nags non stop about me going on the forum. If i'm on the computer she will sit there and say.."Why do you constantly sit on that silly bike forum??? I dont understand why you have to check it all the time...dont you have anything better to do???"

I just laugh it off because its coming from the hypocrite that is sitting on the couch watching "Teen Mom 2" or TMZ most of the time. I'd like to hear what anybody else has to say about this!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I go ninja and use my phone. The wife used to call me nerdy and geeky for always being on a Datsun forum, but as long as she's making sandwhiches and bringing me beer she can verbally abuse me all she wants.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I have a beautiful photograph on my wall that was shot not far from Winnipeg. Manitoba Hydro and Northern States Power were testing the effects of a lightning strike on a 500kv transmission line. We literally created lightning for the test. The photogragh proves that we did it. Eighteen milliseconds is actual event time. We let the engineers look at the arc for 9 seconds via high-speed cinema.

Chix invented girl-talk but they don't think we should have time for our version of it. At the forum I can join the gang but I don't have to go down to the local pub to do so. I learn things - mostly informative things from other members that are in technical fields but worlds away from mine. It's entertaining.

And the bike - parts, knowledge, advice, humor. Shop talk - hanger flying - it's our version of girl talk.

Historically, women would like you to believe that they invented it and we copied it with our forums, bike clubs, etc.

The actual history of this discourse dates back for hundreds of years among men. In these historical cultures the women were sequestered with children, livestock and homemaking. Usually miles apart from their piers so communicaton on today's level was unheard of.

Print this and leave it on her pillow. You'll be sleeping with your Superhawk for a month.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Heck no. My wife would not even ask me to go shopping..ever. No way should she not want to persue a hobby so near to my heart.

Not to mention all the info I get on how to fix the bike, etc. I can't imagine how much it would cost from a mechanic. Its really your wife that needs "something better to do" than nag about you getting more knowledge about a vehicle that your life may literally depend on.

Get her on some stove and dishwasher forums if she wants to pull her weight. (no offense to you or your wife)
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Squid

ruajohnson is on a distinguished road
--

Last edited by ruajohnson; 01-25-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Seems to be life- Right now I am typing this to the group.. and on the other end of the couch -on the othe laptop computer-FaceBooking...And we communicate back and forth...
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I have a beautiful photograph on my wall that was shot not far from Winnipeg. Manitoba Hydro and Northern States Power were testing the effects of a lightning strike on a 500kv transmission line. We literally created lightning for the test. The photogragh proves that we did it. Eighteen milliseconds is actual event time. We let the engineers look at the arc for 9 seconds via high-speed cinema.
Its amazing how far Manitoba Hydro reaches....we produce so much power here. We only use about 10% of what we produce, the rest is sold to everybody else, and they're building more generating stations and a huge transmission line to sell even more...i'd say half of the US gets power from us. I have a bunch of friends that work for them..one of them has the fantastic job of changing insulators on those 500kv lines...while they are live, from off a helicopter.

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Get her on some stove and dishwasher forums if she wants to pull her weight. (no offense to you or your wife)
None taken. I almost pissed my pants when I read that..I honestly think she does it because she doesnt have much else to bitch about, I'm a mechanic by trade, so everything gets fixed by me, all our house renos I did, with very little else that we actually had to pay someone to do. She's got it pretty good.

I still get some good shots in that take the wind out of her sails..like the time when she asked if I could find her a vehicle (I buy and fix late model insurance writeoffs, new cars..half the price) and I looked at her and said smartly, "Whats wrong with the prefectly good corn broom I just got you?" It was pretty quiet around here for a couple days.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I keep saying the forum helps me to stave off Alzheimer's, but I don't think she's buying it.
I told her its either this or ****...pick one.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Shoot it could even be a jealousy thing... I've good friends who did the same. Past tense b/c when I started helping them with their bikes as a direct result of this place, they had less to say.

Besides, do you really want her to understand? I mean, really? I think nuhawk said it best... it's kinda an entertaining communication here that for some reason guys have gravitated to (although I have no idea why he brought nautical structures into the mix...)

... don't know why I'm even in this thread b/c I don't even have a gf to speak of.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
MotoGP

Wait. do we all have to pick one? Can I look at one then the other?

The way it works is this. Men have a huge urge to look at women. Its embedded in the genes. For a woman to understand you have to get her to NOT do something embedded in hers. A good example is when they see a cute baby to NOT get all like awwwww how cute! Tell her to just ignore it

They have it built into them to be like that so when they try to deny it they get to see how we feel trying not to look.

These are both base sexualy based reactions that are pretty paralell.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Back Marker

Wait. do we all have to pick one? Can I look at one then the other?
Thats the great thing about just opening a new tab on the computer
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 PM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
My ex wife used to complain about things like that.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Nope, no such Issue,, She asks me who Im chatting with? And how is XYZ.. She asks me what Im posting.. and did ZYX figure out what was up with that flat spot just off idle he was having? Or she will come over or log in her self and read a post and make a suggestion to respond with XXXX... especially if it is a female rider street, dirt, or a wife girlfriend asking the question.

And Hell yes I go shopping to her,,when she asks.. Lets see typical shopping day.. HER PLAN.. Leave house, go by Clothing store, look for a new shirt FOR ME and her and the boy...Stop by Sears, buy a tool, go to KPS pick up a tire , set of gloves of some other stuff FOR OUR bikes, hers, mine, the BOYS..Stop in town and get a bite to eat.. Drive to Austin Hit cycle gear with no buying plan in mind, walk out with a new Jersey, set of tires for one bike or another, some fluids and a filer, maybe a chain, and something off the clearance isle. Go to sports Authority for something, wrap tape, look at a gun, buy some ammo, find some new shoes or boots for her or I.. Drive to Temple have dinner at BJ's, go home, unless we need to stop in klleen and go to the hardware store or HEB for beer.

So um, ya, I go shopping with my wife, every damn chance i get.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 01-05-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Absolutely true!!!
"To deny your true nature is to deny the very essence of your existence" my own favorite quote
That also proves beyond a doubt that there is no such thing as male friend for a female unless the male genetically predisposed not to like females.

As for the bikes or the forum, not sure about the sexuality parallel though... could be for some I guess. I think it's more due to the risk taking factor that we carry in our genes and the highly technical inclinations that we are predisposed to more then most females.

nuhawk,
Nicely said, I don't think my wife will appreciate that, talking about hypocritical, priorities are different. But hey, it is what it is, can't live with them and can't live without them, JUST give me my VTR to escape to freedom!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Apart from calling the forum "bike ****", and telling me to never let her know which **** I'm looking at, she doesn't mind... She does however at times in the summer tell me to shut the computer off and go get the helmets, since she want's to go for a ride... Nope, I'm not complaining...

I do go shopping with her from time to time... Apparently, of the two of us, I'm the girl according to her... I take time choosing, she just picks stuff... Oh, well...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

chemomche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zmaniv
My ex wife used to complain about things like that.
i see why she is you EX wife

and yep, i got the samo problem
bikes, forums, ebay..... she says they are all that metters to me
and in some way she is right

but i love her too
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scooter72
I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me...Does your wife/girlfriend/significant other give you grief for going on the forum??? My wife..love her dearly, nags non stop about me going on the forum. If i'm on the computer she will sit there and say.."Why do you constantly sit on that silly bike forum??? I dont understand why you have to check it all the time...dont you have anything better to do???"

I just laugh it off because its coming from the hypocrite that is sitting on the couch watching "Teen Mom 2" or TMZ most of the time. I'd like to hear what anybody else has to say about this!
Ha ha......common problem. There's no scarcity of people unhappy with themselves today, symptom....picking at significant other when he or she is not being entertained. You may need to relinquish some of your forum time and devote it to finding her another job. It's worth the effort because if you're successful, it's a win-win-win, gets her off her ***, off your ***, and you'll have more money for motorcycle parts.

On the other hand, can't blame her for being a little curious about what you're doing even though she may not be expressing it in a positive way. Next time, tell her in detail what you're reading and writing about. Important to get very specific, way past when you notice that glazed look in her eyes indicating that she's had enough of this boring bike bullshit. She'll quickly lose interest and be glad when you shut up and go back to interacting with anybody or anything else but her. A few of these uncomfortable episodes will likely cause her to reconsider the next time she gets an urge to punish you with her witch broom.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
MotoGP

[QUOTE=nath981;322290]Ha ha......common problem. There's no scarcity of people unhappy with themselves today, symptom....picking at significant other when he or she is not being entertained. You may need to relinquish some of your forum time and devote it to finding her another job. It's worth the effort because if you're successful, it's a win-win-win, gets her off her ***, off your ***, and you'll have more money for motorcycle parts. QUOTE]

See? It's the best humor on the internet. **** Youtube, **** Facebook! Buy me a motorcycle!

Last edited by nuhawk; 01-06-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Back Marker

PappySmears is on a distinguished road
She is simply a attention seeker! Go back to the lounge room sit with her during her favorite shows and rattle out some classic beer farts. She will soon beg you to go back the computer
Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM
MotoGP

[QUOTE=nuhawk;322332]
Originally Posted by nath981
Ha ha......common problem. There's no scarcity of people unhappy with themselves today, symptom....picking at significant other when he or she is not being entertained. You may need to relinquish some of your forum time and devote it to finding her another job. It's worth the effort because if you're successful, it's a win-win-win, gets her off her ***, off your ***, and you'll have more money for motorcycle parts. QUOTE]

See? It's the best humor on the internet. **** Youtube, **** Facebook! Buy me a motorcycle!

yeah, we do it all here at the Unofficial SH Forum. Well, not quite all. Like we're not allowed to take out your mother-in-law or wack your boss. Otherwise, it's a one stop shopping of sorts and best of all, it's free.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
MotoGP

[QUOTE=nath981;322401]
Originally Posted by nuhawk

yeah, we do it all here at the Unofficial SH Forum. Well, not quite all. Like we're not allowed to take out your mother-in-law or wack your boss. Otherwise, it's a one stop shopping of sorts and best of all, it's free.
You're entirely too shy!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
I know most of these responses are tongue-in-cheek from various people in various relationships in various states of disrepair, but the ones who are getting it right are sharing their life interests with their spouse/girlfriend. Ever since the advent of the internet and computers, we have had a means of communication that is not easily shared at the same time. This can easily lead to the other feeling left out. If your wife is showing signs of feeling abandoned to your computer, it will degrade your relationship. This is different than the situation where you are in your garage or laboratory, tinkering on the next time machine, as in this case, you are choosing to talk to other people than her, constantly, and it means a great deal to you. They will most definitely get jealous. If she spends any time online, try to work it out so you are both doing your things for a short while, but make an effort to do something together too. Women love to talk about things. Discuss your plans for upgrades or needed maintenance. Bemoan the fact that these otherwise wonderful machines have an Achilles heel known as the CCT, and a tendency to burn up their R/R. Try to put into words your love for riding, your sense of adventure, relate a particularly beautiful memory, or emphasize your bad boyish daring do. These are just some tips from a guy who has lived with a few women over the years, picking up on most of this a little too late. Although I did have the pleasure of teaching one of my ex wives how to ride and bought her a couple of motorcycles over the years. She understood, but had a similar affliction, attention to others, in her case gaming and gambling, and we grew apart. When you get to the point that your wife is less important to you than talking on a forum, or browsing the Internet, your relationship is almost doomed, and is showing the tell-tale knocking of a failed CCT. If you don't pick up on it quick enough, before long it will be too late to do anything about it.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
+1 rz racer 69
And as you point out, it happens the other way too.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
MotoGP

You said EX-wife. right?

One main reason I married my wife is her support of my racing effort. She has been my pit crew for 10yrs. She likes me learning about bikes because I love bikes, and love her more.

That strengthens a relationship.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
One main reason I married my wife is her support of my racing effort. She has been my pit crew for 10yrs. She likes me learning about bikes because I love bikes, and love her more.

That strengthens a relationship.
Outstanding. You sir, have chosen wisely.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by rz_racer_69
I know most of these responses are tongue-in-cheek from various people in various relationships in various states of disrepair, but the ones who are getting it right are sharing their life interests with their spouse/girlfriend. Ever since the advent of the internet and computers, we have had a means of communication that is not easily shared at the same time. This can easily lead to the other feeling left out. If your wife is showing signs of feeling abandoned to your computer, it will degrade your relationship. This is different than the situation where you are in your garage or laboratory, tinkering on the next time machine, as in this case, you are choosing to talk to other people than her, constantly, and it means a great deal to you. They will most definitely get jealous. If she spends any time online, try to work it out so you are both doing your things for a short while, but make an effort to do something together too. Women love to talk about things. Discuss your plans for upgrades or needed maintenance. Bemoan the fact that these otherwise wonderful machines have an Achilles heel known as the CCT, and a tendency to burn up their R/R. Try to put into words your love for riding, your sense of adventure, relate a particularly beautiful memory, or emphasize your bad boyish daring do. These are just some tips from a guy who has lived with a few women over the years, picking up on most of this a little too late. Although I did have the pleasure of teaching one of my ex wives how to ride and bought her a couple of motorcycles over the years. She understood, but had a similar affliction, attention to others, in her case gaming and gambling, and we grew apart. When you get to the point that your wife is less important to you than talking on a forum, or browsing the Internet, your relationship is almost doomed, and is showing the tell-tale knocking of a failed CCT. If you don't pick up on it quick enough, before long it will be too late to do anything about it.
Not tongue in cheek as much as different set of values today. Women are generally different today as most are wannabe men IMO. My wife and most women of yesteryear(69yrs. within days), had their own interests like flowers and plants, love, sensitivity, decorating, shopping, cooking, jewelry, making the house a home, feminine clothing, and everything to do with raising children, emotions/feelings, and basically building and maintaining family. Men were the providers, tough guys, aloof, car/house repairs, disciplined, unfeeling, hard workers, protectors, leaders, hell-raisers, outgoing, drinkers, smokers, players, etc. Neither partner better or worse than the other, just different roles and values. Father and mother previously were like good cop bad cop and each were different in all respects and this dichotomy provided a rich mix of mannerisms/culture that seemed give children a nice balance of sensitivity and discipline, like yin and yang.

This was not contrived or thought about, merely the product of a culture passed down ancestrally and people my age have seen this all but disappear in a lifetime. Crazy for me but for most here, these changes are not even noticeable. In our house, my wife and I are totally different in almost every way but have the ultimate respect for each other and our interests and beliefs.

For example, I can recall when we had a problem relative to religion and how this would be managed in terms of the kids. We were both raised Catholics and I became gradually more disenchanted with religion as our family grew. I refused to go to church but supported her taking the kids because she still believed. We have a mutual respect for each other including our different beliefs, values, and interests. She supports/honors my interests and i hers, so we are separate but one. Forget walking around holding hands, wearing the same t-shirts. I don't wanna be a women, except on Halloween maybe. haha, and she certainly doesn't aspire toward manhood.

Personally, I don't like the woman-wannabe-man most common today. It seems that most want only the best of both sexes, as in competition rather than being true to self and this makes me wanna puke. Flaunt your sexual attributes to get what you want, then whine about being treated equally.

I say, let's get real with this uni-sex bullshit. Forget separate restrooms, put urinals in the ladies' rooms and everybody **** and **** in the one place. Put some of these amazon women into sports, like pro football. Why not a running back or a tackle for the Dallas Cowboys, oh, i mean the Dallas Cowpersons. Let's see some of these wannabe-men competing in mixed martial arts fighting, busted nose, cauliflower ears and one tit ripped off. Oh Noooo, this might be a little too manly.

Maybe modern man should accommodate these faux men and inject themselves with female hormones so that they can equalize this male-female competition a little; or how bout everyone gets a *****, ****, and a vagina, a total sex machine all in one body. You want equal, I say do it right. It's a dumbass pursuit IMO, but have at it if that's what you like. Just a little food for thought for you young-uns, but I take solace in the knowledge that my age will allow me to be excused from these abominations. Have fun gentlemen, or i mean gentlepersons.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
SuperBike

Wow, that became a serious discussion sense I saw that last time!

scooter72, it seems you hit the jackpot.
People, we all have the same interest here and many of us it seems have somewhat similar issues, regardless of age, I would say, just deal with your situation at hand and educate your significant other about what is really important to you in life even if that doe's not compute in her brain!
If that does't work, you can always practice your freedom of choice and leave, If that will gain your real freedom. Did that before and never been sorry!
As for me, I don't complain much, because I do get what I want! My wife had to accept my hobby and my space as part of the deal, even when she complains, she knows she cannot win!!!
Remember, as long as you don't give up, you will be fine, 'cause if you do, she will walk all over you , that is not just your wife, it's just human nature.

Life is short, Be strong, Ride Hard and enjoy the MOMENT!

Last edited by NHSH; 01-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Back Marker

Damn. I never thought this topic would be discussed in such depth! I have to say, I can't bitch too bad about my situation. She does support my hobby and she even went her got her bike license when we first met, even though she really has no intention of getting a bike. It's funny though, that she hates riding on the back of the VTR, she says she like my old 600RR way better! Go figure...maybe shes choked that I got rid of it

All kidding aside, shes a great girl and I could never leave her. We are polar opposites and we both can dish it out as well as take it without too many hard feelings. It very well may be the crazy pregnant hormones that are driving her to nag, or the fact that she comes from a family where her father was always doing something and never sitting around, so she expects things should be like that. Shes even admitted it! So from that standpoint, I dont see alot of idle time around the house.

But a strange thing happened this weekend...I was finishing the painting and trimwork from the basement reno that was on my "to do" list when she came down and asked me "what are you gonna do with all your free time when this is done?"

I damn near fell over when I heard that. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a trap or something....maybe my luck has changed for the better this year!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 PM
SuperBike

Coming back to the emotional subject, here you go:
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody else have this problem????-true-nature-bikers.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
Coming back to the emotional subject, here you go:
You got it all wrong.

Stopping for a rest and water, TX summer ride, 100+ in the shade.. HER idea to go for a ride

Top of the tallest hill climb, Hollster hills CA, after a day of riding.

First new Bike, first ride.

Hidden Falls, out for an afternoon of riding..

Ya just have to pick um right.. 22 years and still going.... She just told me last night, when i get home I HAVE TO buy a new mustang... she has decided she like driving mine as her DD....., Umm, ok....
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody else have this problem????-erik-kaye-bike-ride.jpg   Does anybody else have this problem????-p1010053.jpg   Does anybody else have this problem????-pb010009.jpg   Does anybody else have this problem????-kaye_hill3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Does anybody else have this problem????