Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

bow to the queen???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
bow to the queen???

bbaaahhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd be expecting her to bow to me and my burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Back Marker

VTRFISH
and I thought I wouldn't comment on this......

It all boils down to one simple thing.
It's hopefully something we were all taught as kids.
Only a small thing, but yet in todays world of Twitter, texting, fast food, BLAH BLAH BLAH.....it's a thing that seems forgotten.

Are ya ready for the enlightenment.....

it's.........

Respect.

Period.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
FWIW

Obama didn't bow to the Queen of England, he just nodded his head.

He bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia. If he'd gone any lower, I think his nose would have hit the floor.

Last edited by RK1; 04-02-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Monarchy can suck a fat one. why should I hold her above others?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't have to... but as a representative of our country, Obama should have. It's all about tradition and respect... we would expect the same from them over here.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
RK1
MotoGP

It doesn't matter to me. I don't care one way or the other. But for those who do- Obama didn't bow to Queen and she didn't bow to him. He did put out his hand, which per British protocol is a no-no and considered disrespectful.

Obama bowed very deeply to the King of Saudi Arabia. The King didn't bow to Obama but simply nodded his head as if to say "good boy".

I do know that from the our Founding until very recently, no American President would ever bow to a "royal" head of state.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
It just shows me where his loyalties lie. Very unorthodox behavior for the leader of supposedly the most powerful nation on earth.

And I'm not referring to his addressing of the Queen. The President of the United States of America should bow to no one, and no one should bow to him.

He just doesn't know how to act appropriately according to his position. He gave the Queen an iPod for Christ sakes.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Squid

greyhawk is on a distinguished road
it all sucks
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Can't blame me, I didn't vote for the moron...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Poor bastard has another week at the G20 to bring out his world-leadership skills. Don't hold your breath. My bet is he will take an International lashing for his handling of the economy. His dubious cabinet selections were also intercontinentally humorous. The problem is he yields the biggest economy and operational military in the world. They think he's equal parts baffoon and dangerous.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Poor bastard has another week at the G20 to bring out his world-leadership skills. Don't hold your breath. My bet is he will take an International lashing for his handling of the economy. His dubious cabinet selections were also intercontinentally humorous. The problem is he yields the biggest economy and operational military in the world. They think he's equal parts baffoon and dangerous.
Sad but true.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Sad but true.
Yeah well you and nuhawk are both right, but it's worse than that. He's one of these "international" and "globalist" ********, who believes Americans have been taking more than their "fair share" and "owe" the Turd World something-everything. He's really the hand picked useful idiot stooge of those who want to consolidate their power, destroy our Constitution and our liberty and rule the entire world.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
RK1
MotoGP

From Mark Steyn;

"So let me see if I understand the American protocol in the age of Obama; The First Lady hugs Queen Elisabeth as if she's some granny at a seniors' center photo-op, but the President of this republic prostrates himself before King Abdullah as if he's a subject of the Saudi pseudo-Crown. This is a very weird presidency."
Old 04-03-2009, 03:57 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
He's more arabic than black, so I guess his bowing makes some sense. Then again, he's more white than arabic.

Wow, he's more confused than he realizes. LOL
Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 AM
SuperBike

i didn't post this up to get a political discussion going, but i will put in two cents: i have particularly great disdain for all politicians. they are all bad people.

back to the original topic. the queen and monarchies in general. they are offensive to me and there is no way that they are better than me(or my burgers), or anyone else.

signs of respect should be reserved for people who actually earned it!!! i'm thinking of someone like captain SULLY. that guy is respectable! i would like to meet him.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
couldn't agree more!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
From Mark Steyn;

"So let me see if I understand the American protocol in the age of Obama; The First Lady hugs Queen Elisabeth as if she's some granny at a seniors' center photo-op, but the President of this republic prostrates himself before King Abdullah as if he's a subject of the Saudi pseudo-Crown. This is a very weird presidency."
Why didn't the Obamas just give "fist bumps" to everybody?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Does that change much from the last two in line then?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not trying to defend him. cause I didn't want him in office either. but from what I heard, both the handshake and the arm around the back, and even the ipod went over pretty well. the queen gave him a real handshake instead of the limp fingers only version she has given in the past, and the queen put her arm around obama's wife's back too. msn was talking about it. how it was such a contrast to George W winking at her and getting the stink eye during his term. with regard to bowing, I would never bow to the monarch of the country we won our independence form. I would bow to other leaders but not a british monarch. and sure as hell no arab leader ever. I wouldn't want to look down and take my eyes off them. saudi arabia is one of the biggest backstabbing, two faced, hypacritical, (sp?) lying, covert extremist hotbeds in the region. only way I'll bow is to duck the bullshit that comes flying out of their mouths.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
SuperBike

enough with the politics! this is my thread and i don't want it to discuss those loser politicians!

i clearly want to discuss the "royal losers"!!! hahahahaha

how about that prince charles? that is a royal loser! camilla is preferred over diana??? wtf is he thinking??? give your head a shake man!

it horrifies me that some of my tax dollars go to support the governor general as the queen's representative for canada.
1. i don't want the queen or her representatives here
2. why the fock doesn't the queen pay?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
MotoGP

finepooch,
At least the British have a Democratic form of government, unlike some other countries, like Saudi Arabia. The Queen (or King) is just a figurehead kept for historical, traditional reasons. But of course you know this.

It's my understanding that many Brits (and Canadians) are in favor of doing away with their very expensive Monarchy, along with all the pomp and circumstance.

What really amazes me is that I remember when she became Queen, I was 6 years old. I'm 62 now.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 04-03-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Randman
Can't blame me, I didn't vote for the moron...
This
Old 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Squid

usmc7051 is on a distinguished road
I think Obama is very smart and very stupid, if that makes sense to anyone. He's a very educated man, and I think he had a great idea of what he would like to do with the country once he was president, but all the good things planned were overshadowed by his need to "make a mark."

Obama's an *******, I can't believe I have to wait 4 years for it to be over.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
I was getting all upset over Obama and the news cycles yadda yadda, when I remembered the previous eight years, THEN Barrack started to look better.

As far as the protocol of bowing to royalty (of whatever ethnicity) goes, I wouldn't. Just because some analclenched prig would tsk tsk me is no reason. Status of birth doesn't wash, not with me, a member of the great unwashed. I will say that it was nice, while I was working in Canada, to have the Queen Mum's birthday off. But doing a curtsy? I'll leave that to George Michael or Boy George or Elton John or....
Old 04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by finepooch
enough with the politics! this is my thread and i don't want it to discuss those loser politicians!

i clearly want to discuss the "royal losers"!!! hahahahaha

how about that prince charles? that is a royal loser! camilla is preferred over diana??? wtf is he thinking??? give your head a shake man!

it horrifies me that some of my tax dollars go to support the governor general as the queen's representative for canada.
1. i don't want the queen or her representatives here
2. why the fock doesn't the queen pay?
Ha Ha! No politics! Technically speaking, Canada remains a Constitutional Monarchy. Charles is your Prince, Elizabeth is your Queen. Bow, sucker!

We in the U.S. are better off. Our Head of State is Barak Hussien Obama, or is it Barry Soweto, we're not sure. His father might be a Kenyan named Obama or an American communist named Frank Marshall Davis, we're not sure.

He might have been born in U.S. and eligible for the Presidency or born in Kenya and not qualify, we're not sure.

We used to be a Constitutional Republic but now we're a "democracy" run by, well, we're not sure.

"Conservative Republican" G.W. Bush's daddy bought him degrees from Yale and Harvard, and over the course of eight years he made sure we stayed relatively safe, as in not being attacked, as in wonder why people don't give him more credit, as a true American. God Save US ALL!

Last edited by Randman; 04-03-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Ha Ha! No politics! Technically speaking, Canada remains a Constitutional Monarchy. Charles is your Prince, Elizabeth is your Queen. Bow, sucker!

We in the U.S. are better off. Our Head of State is Barak Hussien Obama, or is it Barry Soweto, we're not sure. His father might be a Kenyan named Obama or an American communist named Frank Marshall Davis, we're not sure.

He might have been born in U.S. and eligible for the Presidency or born in Kenya and not qualify, we're not sure.

We used to be a Constitutional Republic but now we're a "democracy" run by, well, we're not sure.

"Conservative Republican" G.W. Bush's daddy bought him degrees from Yale and Harvard, and over the course of eight years he made sure we stayed relatively safe, as in not being attacked, as in wonder why people don't give him more credit, as a true American. God Save US ALL!
I think I can agree with this for the most part...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Randman
I think I can agree with this for the most part...
Ha! You rascal. Taking the fight to Iraq and Afghanistan did take our enemies (and their sponsors) attention off attacking us here and put it on defending what they had where they had it. It's the one thing most conservatives do indeed credit Bush for.

On half a hundred other things, he might as well have been your favorite leftist Democrat. I'd give you a list but I don't want to get a headache.

We'll just have to disagree about Bush. Don't take it personal. If I had to choose between Bush and Randman for President, you'd get my vote.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
SuperBike

rk1 = "bow sucker" hahahahahaha i laughed whe i read that!

if i read the rest of your post correctly you are saying that the usa, or anywhere else, isn't perfect. well here here, i will agree with that.

if all was perfect nobody would work, we'd have hawks that came with good oem ccts, steak and beer for dinner every night, etc...

get rid of the monarchy - YES! it's rediculous that it still exists! absolutely rediculous!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by finepooch
rk1 = "bow sucker" hahahahahaha i laughed whe i read that!

if i read the rest of your post correctly you are saying that the usa, or anywhere else, isn't perfect. well here here, i will agree with that.

if all was perfect nobody would work, we'd have hawks that came with good oem ccts, steak and beer for dinner every night, etc...

get rid of the monarchy - YES! it's rediculous that it still exists! absolutely rediculous!
Yeah, finepooch, you read it right. And you're stuck with the Queen, and worse Prince Charles, 'cause most Canucks are OK with that. If you fired her as your monarch it's not like she's going to send the RAF to bomb Ottawa. It's just a bunch of ceremonial and sentimental bullshit.

As Americans we bear partial responsibility for deporting so many Tories to Canada after our revolution. Sorry.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
You do realise she's a nominal and decorative hobbit - hence the reason for Obama's bow from 6' whatever to her 4' 5" on introduction. She does a great tea party at Buck Palace but more Americans come to see Stonehedge...

Check the Royle Family working class satire in all its Dysfunctional (DF) glory - You work out who's who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPvGPMXF8Q