Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

ABC's "If I only had a gun." OMG what a crock!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
I think he even gives liberals a bad name.

So I'm able to die unarmed, but not able to try and protect myself?

A chimpanzee with a gun has a better chance surviving that than a person without one.

A lone gunman can't keep his eyes on 40 students at once. If one of them is packing heat, and has the ***** to use it, the gunman is probably going down or fleeing.

At the very least, knowing that anybody in the room could have a concealed weapon may deter someone from trying that **** in the first place.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 04-13-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Superstock

MUHerdFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
I think he even gives liberals a bad name.

So I'm able to die unarmed, but not able to try and protect myself?

A chimpanzee with a gun has a better chance surviving that than a person without one.

A lone gunman can't keep his eyes on 40 students at once. If one of them is packing heat, and has the ***** to use it, the gunman is probably going down or fleeing.

At the very least, knowing that anybody in the room could have a concealed weapon may deter someone from trying that **** in the first place.
I know that I behave when packing heat!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Chimps packin heat ???

Last edited by Moto Man; 04-13-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
I'm all for competent people keeping and owning guns, I'd like to be able to own one if I decided I needed one, it's that anybody with a pulse can own one without demonstrating any competence whatsoever. We don't let people drive without making them prove themselves competent to drive. 95+% of all cars in use in America are registered.

As the saying goes, "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Fact is, stupid people with no sense of right and wrong or fear of consequences kill people much more easily with guns. Maybe it would be a good idea to at least try and do something about that?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by davidka
#1 "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I think it's safe to say that a well regulated militia is no longer necessary to the security of a free State so I ask again, do you want to be part of a well regulated (as in well functioning/in proper working order) militia? That's what we call Police and the reserves these days.

#2 the idea that citizens would overthrow a government with a trained, standing army has been absurd since not long after the army was formed, even more so in modern times. If the government decided to control the population militarily the population would have no choice but to comply. The technology gap between the most well armed citizens and the military would be the same as trying to hide behind a rose bush and defending yourself with a slingshot. Maybe the government doesn't want to take your guns and turn you into sheep after all? They could have done that at any time in the last 150 years.

#3 how is holding gun users responsible for how they use their guns absurd? 51 people died in rampage shootings IN THE MONTH OF MARCH in the USA this year.
#1 Well I suppose your first mistake was to Think! or not think so it appears..

#2... where do you get your info... you can't make this kind of crap up folks... History states otherwise fool..

#3 There are more than enough laws on the books right now to hold them responsible...How about they enforce those first! Remember...Law Abiding Citizen...Hello...Engrish speaking...no, it's not a typo...
So we're throwing stats around are we...you really don't wanna go there Mr. Sheep...now, go back and drink some more Kool Aid like a nice little sheep...

1062 Men died falling down stairs in the US in 2008...
4624 Men died in motorcycle accidents in the US in 2008...
17,463 Men died in Car accidents in the US in 2008....

These are just the stats on Men...Let's start banning to save lives..

One U.S. government survey in the 1990s estimated that more than 80,000 Americans a year used guns in an effort to protect themselves or their property against crime. Other estimates put the number far higher, at more than 2 million crimes prevented each year by the presence of privately-owned firearms.

Gee, I wonder if the criminals are gonna register there illegal guns??

But feel free to read the whole article for yourself...
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...-police-irvine
Old 04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I'm all for competent people keeping and owning guns, I'd like to be able to own one if I decided I needed one, it's that anybody with a pulse can own one without demonstrating any competence whatsoever. We don't let people drive without making them prove themselves competent to drive. 95+% of all cars in use in America are registered.

As the saying goes, "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Fact is, stupid people with no sense of right and wrong or fear of consequences kill people much more easily with guns. Maybe it would be a good idea to at least try and do something about that?

Guess we should make people take a class before they are allowed to have babies/children/offspring/reproduce etc..etc...

So, are you saying that my 14 yr old can march up into a gun store and buy a gun? I mean, you said anyone...
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road

You don't need a driver's license to buy a car. You need a driver's license to operate a car on the public roads. If you buy a car/truck to operate on your own ranch/farm or keep in your garage as you restore it, you need not register it.

You can carry a concealed pistol in conservative Alaska or liberal Vermont without a permit. Other states require a permit. By the way, Alaska and Vermont are among the lowest violent crime and homicide rates in the USA.

Most all people who commit a violent crime or homicide with a firearm are already convicted criminals forbidden by law from owning firearms anyway.
70% of all homicides in the U.S. are committed by people under the influence of alcohol. Should we outlaw alcohol? I thought we tried that once and it didn't work out too good. No offense, but the more guys like you insist Goobermint "do something", the more fucked up life becomes.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Superstock
Superstock

Randman, you're exactly the guy others think of when they're not satisfied that gun ownership should be a right for everyone.

If you'd like to make a stand against the military be my guest. lol

BTW, roughly 38,900 people were killed in car accidents last year, do you suggest that only 17,463 were men and the rest were women?

Apparently you can make this stuff up, huh...

Last edited by davidka; 04-13-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, Virginia Tech had its massacre a couple years ago. Then just a few months ago some nut cut his girlfriend's head off in front of the student center with a big knife. The evil & deranged will find a way to kill.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman, you're exactly the guy others think of when they're not satisfied that gun ownership should be a right for everyone.

If you'd like to make a stand against the military be my guest. lol

BTW, roughly 38,900 people were killed in car accidents last year, do you suggest that only 17,463 were men and the rest were women?

Apparently you can make this stuff up, huh...
Wow dude..I really don't care, it's not about there satisfaction, it's about what's right...And for your information, I have a Top Secret Clearance, I have passed multiple back ground checks, I have concealed carry permits in multiple states, so I am not the one they have to worry about...Again, it's the criminal that they will have to worry about, and again, the criminals won't be the one's concerned about registering guns...etc..etc...

No, I would suggest that the others were women, and boys and girls..your too easy...And no, I don't make this stuff up...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
If you really believed this you would be more worried about your car, motorcycle, home (all registered and always have been). Doesn't this mean that they're coming to confiscate your house?

The reason for gun laws is to hold their users accountable for their use and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Read the 2nd ammendment too, it says in plain english, "a well regulated militia". Do you want to be a part of a well regulated militia?
You should really read some history books. You would change your tune if you had a clue what you are talking about.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

davidka, your avatar should be a sheep drinking kool-aid.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Randman
Guess we should make people take a class before they are allowed to have babies/children/offspring/reproduce etc..etc...

So, are you saying that my 14 yr old can march up into a gun store and buy a gun? I mean, you said anyone...
As a card-carrying, NRA life member who is neither conservative nor liberal, democrat nor republican, here lies my dilemma.....

I, personally, have no problem filling out my 4473 ATF form. I refuse to sell my guns in FTF transactions to private citizens. Why? It is a personal decision, but it just isn't enough 'warm and fuzzy' to me to sell a gun to a guy that may be a felon. The system blows donkey **** enough that I have no way of determining that; heck, even the LGS can't determine that half of the time since the ATF has no intention of catching felons in the first place. They just want to perform their 'regulating'. The Peoples Republic of Maryland allowed numerous firearms to be sold to felons several years ago even though the felons filled out a 4473 form simply because the state police barrack taking the calls was 'busy'. I have a lot of respect for State Police, but that should have never happened. Again, it is a personal decision. I won't criticize those who do so responsibly. In reality, I would venture to say that the majority of our arms are passed through private sales.

One must be slightly 'liberal' with this topic in at least one situation. We hold our right to privacy seriously, and health records in general are considered private. However, the conflict is that mental records fall into this category, and there has to be some way that a background check can determine whether or not some guy/gal is a nut job. Again, the system has this fault, and in addition to this, when asked if the buyer unlawfully uses/abuses drugs or alcohol, no one is asking him/her to **** in a cup either. Adolescent records being sealed is a crock of **** as well.

Unfortunately, Randy, your child may not be able to pick up a firearm through lawful means (private transactions or LGS purchase), but he could easily pick one up via an unlawful, private transaction. Yes, the system fails when guns are purchased through lawful means, but the private transactions that are unlawful are the very ones that scare the non-gun-owning public, as well as folks like myself. Unfortunately, it is the law-abiding citizen that pays the price, and therefore, it is in our best interest to find a solution as the current system blows.

BTW, we should start banning spoons for making people fat........
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Moto Man
Chimps packin heat ???

Nice...guess that I took the bait like a freaking bluegill.......
Old 04-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
You should really read some history books. You would change your tune if you had a clue what you are talking about.

Which version? The redneck, "I'll stand up to my corrupt government with my M-14 in a trailer home" version, or the one that really happened? Get a clue...

Randy, you're wrong. More men die per year in car accidents than women (73% of auto fatalities were men in 2006). It was easy to find that out, it is really that easy to just make stuff up?

Last edited by davidka; 04-14-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randy, you're wrong. More men die per year in car accidents than women (73% of auto fatalities were men in 2006). It was easy to find that out, it is really that easy to just make stuff up?

Do you even read what others post, or do you skim right to La la land and start your ****-house lawyer talk without a clue speech?? I don't have the time or the patience to break it down for you AGAIN.. buzz off and find some libs to sit in a circle with smoking peace pipes and singing Kumbaya...

Last post for me in this thread...bub bye
Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Wow...Just wow... Threads not closed yet!!

<<< Is part of the Superhawk militia
<<< Pumps Mossberg

Anybody want need these for an Avatar?
Attached Thumbnails ABC's &quot;If I only had a gun.&quot; OMG what a crock!-budweiser-elephant.jpg   ABC's &quot;If I only had a gun.&quot; OMG what a crock!-jackass.gif  

Last edited by Moto Man; 04-14-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Actually about anyone with a pulse can get a drivers license too (and the ones that don't have one drive anyways). Do you honestly think passing the driving test proves any sort of competence? I support stricter driver's education, but the government could never pull it off successfully, they'd just make it more expensive and pointless.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 04-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
If you really believed this you would be more worried about your car, motorcycle, home (all registered and always have been). Doesn't this mean that they're coming to confiscate your house?

The reason for gun laws is to hold their users accountable for their use and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Read the 2nd ammendment too, it says in plain english, "a well regulated militia". Do you want to be a part of a well regulated militia?
wow you must have felt naked without that big bullseye on your back. but don't worry, its there now!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Which version? The redneck, "I'll stand up to my corrupt government with my M-14 in a trailer home" version, or the one that really happened? Get a clue...

what a typically uberliberal response. you actually went into the "redneck" territory. must be getting near the bottom of your lib jargon list huh? and by the way, its your responsibility as an american citizen to stand up and fight the government if need be. its not a choice, its not a preference. its your OBLIGATION. and by refusing, you will show your true spineless self. if you don't believe in the constitution, and you aren't willing to fight for the values that founded the country (because you say they aren't relevant anymore?) then why live here? go live in france where its accepted to only think of one's self. man I wish we could use people like you for human shields in the middle east. at least you'd be usefull for once. you wouldn't have to shoot a gun. don't worry. ***
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
#1 "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I think it's safe to say that a well regulated militia is no longer necessary to the security of a free State so I ask again, do you want to be part of a well regulated (as in well functioning/in proper working order) militia? That's what we call Police and the reserves these days.
Actually, a militia as defined and expected back then was made up of ordinary citizens who provided their own weapons and came at a moment's notice. And yes I do want to be a member of one of those. I also believe it is still needed for a FREE state, not one where we are owned by the government as we seem to be headed towards now.

#2 the idea that citizens would overthrow a government with a trained, standing army has been absurd since not long after the army was formed, even more so in modern times. If the government decided to control the population militarily the population would have no choice but to comply. The technology gap between the most well armed citizens and the military would be the same as trying to hide behind a rose bush and defending yourself with a slingshot. Maybe the government doesn't want to take your guns and turn you into sheep after all? They could have done that at any time in the last 150 years.
You wouldn't need to fight off the whole of the armed forces. If the military is given the order to attack the citizenry it would hopefully mean the end of whomever ordered it. (you take a oath to uphold the constitution and defend the citizenry when you join the military.. An illegal order is not to be obeyed) But given a worst case scenario. Look at the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto who held off the German army with a few firearms vs those elsewhere who meekly walked into the gas chambers.

Edit: yes they all died, but they lasted from January till April (some evidence till July) of 1943.

#3 how is holding gun users responsible for how they use their guns absurd? 51 people died in rampage shootings IN THE MONTH OF MARCH in the USA this year.
And that many died other ways too.. How is holding you responsible for someone else crashing their car into a school sane? Each person is responsible for their own actions and not those of others.

On another note, you seem to think that you can walk into a gun store and buy a firearm like a snickers bar. Have you ever purchased a firearm? You do realize a background check call to the FBI is made with each legal purchase right? And you can't buy one if you are a felon or have a history of mental issues etc etc. Some states have waiting periods etc. There are more than 20,000 laws regarding firearms on the books in this country.. Way too many as far as I am concerned..

I lived in Africa for several years and in most of the countries I visited there firearms in civilian hands were 100% illegal. It was cheaper and easier to buy a fully automatic rifle there, than to buy a single shot hunting gun here. Laws don't fix the problems..

You are far better off working on the social issues in the places with high murder rates (no matter the means of the murder) than you are passing laws that won't fix the underlying issues.

Last edited by lazn; 04-15-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pretty conservative, but I'm sure everyone knows that when you start name-calling it's usually a sign you're not too confident in your position.

I have observed that kool-aid drinking is not limited to one side of the aisle or the other.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
For everyone:

I recommend that if you really want to understand the constitution you both read it, and read the Federalist Papers: http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/

There will be things in there that you probably don't like, no matter what your position.. But there is a lot of good stuff too.

From Fed paper #1:
"For in politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword."

Last edited by lazn; 04-15-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
I'm pretty conservative, but I'm sure everyone knows that when you start name-calling it's usually a sign you're not too confident in your position.

I have observed that kool-aid drinking is not limited to one side of the aisle or the other.
I called him an ***. but I'm confident that he is an ***.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I just got back from the "TEA PARTY" held in front of the Denver state capitol. It felt great to not be the odd one out in a deranged Liberal majority. Gave me hope there are still true Patriots about.

AUDIT THE FED! then END THE FED.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I just got back from the "TEA PARTY" held in front of the Denver state capitol. It felt great to not be the odd one out in a deranged Liberal majority. Gave me hope there are still true Patriots about.
My wife and I are going to the Tea Party in Laguna Beach. It starts at 3pm Pacific Time. As you know from having lived here, Orange County has always been a Conservative area, but things are changing and Laguna has always been a very Liberal city. It should be interesting to see who shows up.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by swordfish
what a typically uberliberal response. you actually went into the "redneck" territory. must be getting near the bottom of your lib jargon list huh? and by the way, its your responsibility as an american citizen to stand up and fight the government if need be. its not a choice, its not a preference. its your OBLIGATION. and by refusing, you will show your true spineless self. if you don't believe in the constitution, and you aren't willing to fight for the values that founded the country (because you say they aren't relevant anymore?) then why live here? go live in france where its accepted to only think of one's self. man I wish we could use people like you for human shields in the middle east. at least you'd be usefull for once. you wouldn't have to shoot a gun. don't worry. ***
I don't know where you came up with all that, certainly nothing I posted said I didn't believe in the constitution (it's not a theory, by the way, it's a document, no need to believe or otherwise..). I guess you've been looking for somebody to say all that drivel to for a while. Glad I could help you get it off your chest.

You should do a little studying, we stand up to our government every 4 years and fight against the things we don't approve of. This last election serves as a good example of this.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I don't know where you came up with all that, certainly nothing I posted said I didn't believe in the constitution (it's not a theory, by the way, it's a document, no need to believe or otherwise..). I guess you've been looking for somebody to say all that drivel to for a while. Glad I could help you get it off your chest.

You should do a little studying, we stand up to our government every 4 years and fight against the things we don't approve of. This last election serves as a good example of this.
No... Judging by the percentage of registered voters and actual voters in the US I'd say it's a very poor example if any... You guys have on a few of your best times made it into what we would call a catastrophic low percentage... Our regular percentage is more than twice yours...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I'm planning on coming out in a month or two to visit. I'm having OC withdrawal again. Plan on hitting the beach and visiting family and friends. I must say though, Colorado is the place to be. I LOVE it out here.

Have fun at the TEA PARTY.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I'm planning on coming out in a month or two to visit. I'm having OC withdrawal again. Plan on hitting the beach and visiting family and friends. I must say though, Colorado is the place to be. I LOVE it out here.

Have fun at the TEA PARTY.
shizzy, as you probably know, Main Beach is right on Pacific Coast Highway in the center of Laguna Beach. There were about 250 people, of all ages, there with many signs and flags, and about 100 cars per minute passed by on PCH. The people and signs were facing PCH, and more than HALF of the drivers were HONKING their horns and giving thumbs up. We only saw 2 drivers give thumbs down in over an hour. I guess the Libs stayed home, or they are pissed off too.

The best sign had a picture of Barney Frank. It said:
"Barney Frank...Go Stimulate Yourself"

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 04-15-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quick Reply: ABC's "If I only had a gun." OMG what a crock!