Another for Daugherty Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Squid

Salieb76 is on a distinguished road
Another for Daugherty Motorsports

Just want to add to what everyone else has said about Jamie and his excellent products and service. Friday I took a ride to see Jamie for an F4 conversion and Front fork rebuild. He is about 230 miles from me, about 4 hours or so. Stopped a couple times to rest/fuel up. So the ride there was not too bad but like always I was a little sore in a few places.

But the ride home......Now that was amazing!!! I rode 130 miles straight and felt great! No more sore ***/wrists and back!!!!! Fueled up and rode straight the last 100 no problems! Didn't want to stop!

It feels like a completely new bike!! I felt connected to the road for once and my confidence increased with every turn. She felt planted and secure. I can honestly say that upgrading your suspension is by far the best mod and investment you can make. I have read all the posts about suspension upgrades and finally know what everyone else has been talking about. If you haven't done anything on your suspension yet...DO IT!!!! He offers everything from mild to aggressive mods and his prices simply cant be beat for the products and service he gives you.

And Jamie was freaking awesome!! Just to meet and spend time with the guy was cool enough. But really he is a professional and it shows in his products and service. I got to see him in his element and he made it look easy! It was fun to watch and learn and I have a better appreciation of the work and skill needed to do it right.

Thank you again Jamie, I appreciate the time you spent with me to get my suspension in order and look forward to meeting up with you again. Take care!

Last edited by Salieb76; 07-28-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: wording
Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Squid

Livefreeordie89 is on a distinguished road
What exactly did you get done?
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Squid

Front forks revalved for street with .85 springs and a new F4 converted shock for the rear. Wish I did it sooner!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Did you do compression and rebound valves?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Squid

No just compression. I did the street setup instead of race. I probably could have just went with that too but to be honest the improvement is so good over stock I probably wouldn't notice the difference.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Salieb76
Just want to add to what everyone else has said about Jamie and his excellent products and service. Friday I took a ride to see Jamie for an F4 conversion and Front fork rebuild. He is about 230 miles from me, about 4 hours or so. Stopped a couple times to rest/fuel up. So the ride there was not too bad but like always I was a little sore in a few places.

But the ride home......Now that was amazing!!! I rode 130 miles straight and felt great! No more sore ***/wrists and back!!!!! Fueled up and rode straight the last 100 no problems! Didn't want to stop!

It feels like a completely new bike!! I felt connected to the road for once and my confidence increased with every turn. She felt planted and secure. I can honestly say that upgrading your suspension is by far the best mod and investment you can make. I have read all the posts about suspension upgrades and finally know what everyone else has been talking about. If you haven't done anything on your suspension yet...DO IT!!!! He offers everything from mild to aggressive mods and his prices simply cant be beat for the products and service he gives you.

And Jamie was freaking awesome!! Just to meet and spend time with the guy was cool enough. But really he is a professional and it shows in his products and service. I got to see him in his element and he made it look easy! It was fun to watch and learn and I have a better appreciation of the work and skill needed to do it right.

Thank you again Jamie, I appreciate the time you spent with me to get my suspension in order and look forward to meeting up with you again. Take care!

I'm sending mine to him next week for a rebuild and an F4 shock. I'm ready to feel the difference!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Squid

That's great, you wont regret it. The full pic of the bike was when I was halfway home after the install and I just remember looking over and saying to myself DAMN!!! she looks good!! HaHa! I will get a pic of how I mounted the reservoir when I get home in case you need it.
Attached Thumbnails Another for Daugherty Motorsports-forks.jpg   Another for Daugherty Motorsports-rear.jpg   Another for Daugherty Motorsports-bike.jpg  
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear it Shawn! It was also nice getting to meet you as well. So often all that I see is boxes coming and going and it's good to see a face every now and then. Hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon.

Now, about that track day.......
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
I like the DMr logo on the forks is that standard after a rebuild or one of those $50 options?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by sailorjerry
I like the DMr logo on the forks is that standard after a rebuild or one of those $50 options?
Lol! Yea I think he charged me double for the logo!! Hahaha!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Squid

Here are pics of the resivior mounted. I looked online and found a kit on eBay for 26.99 that consisted of two rubber mounts and two band clamps. Figured if I didn't find something local I would get that kit.

I ended up at Home Depot and found a rubber pipe joint the same size as the resivior with clamps for 4.00. So I cut the end, slid it on then used the clamp to secure it to the subframe. It looks great and has the rubber to cushion it as well.
Attached Thumbnails Another for Daugherty Motorsports-image.jpg  

Last edited by Salieb76; 08-02-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Add picture