General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

not another wave thread....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Squid

Rocky-Top-Rider is on a distinguished road
not another wave thread....

i'm new to sportbike riding. i also ride a harley. i went to town the other day on the super hawk and was surprised at the hd crowd. no one waved. i am ashamed that most hd folks judge people by what they ride.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 AM
hardened stihl
Back Marker

vermontzx6r is on a distinguished road
Its bad around here. Almost no HD guys wave, bimer guys dont wave, guys on litre bikes often don't wave, goldwingers dont wave. Scooters DO wave but I feel dumb waving back from a distance only to realize I just gave props to a vespa.

Went to barharbor this summer with 2 other sportbikes and HD guys up there were wicked friendly.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Back Marker

REDVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
some of those guys dont even wave to victory's or metric cruisers. the real die hards wont even wave to V-rods! we have no hope of getting the ole low and left
Old 10-06-2008, 06:57 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
its shameful, and those who don't wave are really only making it less likely we will stop and help when they are stranded. See the wave isn't really a wave at all its an acknowledgment of mutual respect for the others taking the exact same risks as you. It doesn't exist in the same level in any other activity which is why its a shame some groups of riders are making a decision to not wave. Its part of our motorcycle community and if you don't want to wave its like saying you don't want to be a part so why should we help you.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Squid

Tysonb is on a distinguished road
Too bad bikes dont work like Jeeps. In a Jeep you are expected to start the wave if your Jeep is lower scored than thiers. This is based off how much lift you have and there is a base score based on what Jeep you have. (Generally the older/more rare the more points you start with)

However one time I was broken down on the side of the road and I had 3 jeeps stop to help me.

I just wish the Harley guys would realize that just because they paid way more than we did, does not make thier bikes more godlike . Usually it is a harley on the side of the road. I would think they would want everyone to like them
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Karma always gets you. I wave(give respect) before the other does.
Yea, I'm a Jeeper too. 82' CJ-7. Wrangler owners don't wave back either. Oh well.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vermontzx6r
Its bad around here. Almost no HD guys wave, bimer guys dont wave, guys on litre bikes often don't wave, goldwingers dont wave. Scooters DO wave but I feel dumb waving back from a distance only to realize I just gave props to a vespa.

Went to barharbor this summer with 2 other sportbikes and HD guys up there were wicked friendly.

Bar Harbor, did you drive up Cadillac mountain and see the sun rise, did you get to go to Sand Beach, or the Jordan Pond house for popovers?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Back Marker

bowhawk is on a distinguished road
respect

I respect anyone who rides. We are a different breed for better or worse. Anyone who doesn't wave is a poser not a rider. Two fingers for two wheels, I don't care what you ride. Cheers
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
hardened stihl
Back Marker

vermontzx6r is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zmaniv
Bar Harbor, did you drive up Cadillac mountain and see the sun rise, did you get to go to Sand Beach, or the Jordan Pond house for popovers?
This was when I had my kawi and I absolutely rippppped it up cadilac MT (2 up). We made to sand beach too. The island had aparently just been paved and since we were camping with minimal gear we woke up early and rode hard before the cagers were up.

On another note, I would stop for any toyota pickup that was broken down. I've yet to see it happen though.....
Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
When I see someone on a lesser bike, I usually wave my gold chains at them. Specifically, at their head. I want to be sure they know their place in life.